Thursday, March 24, 2016

Easter Basket Hunt - free printable

I made a St. Patrick's Day treasure hunt printable a few weeks ago. Aria had so much fun hunting for her treasure that I decided to make a set of clues for her to use to find her Easter basket this weekend. I know some people hide their kids baskets, and I thought this was a fun way to give them clues so they can find it on Easter morning. We've never actually hidden Aria's basket before, so this will be a first for us. I think we will also hide an egg at each clue too. I really can't believe Easter is in a matter of days - it always just sneaks up on me when it is in March.

There are a few different sets of printables this time. Knowing places that work for hiding baskets in other peoples' homes is a bit tricky. So, there is a printable with the 6 clues, a printable with alternative final clues (aka hiding places), and a blank set of clues if you want to fill them in yourself.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Easter Basket Hunt - free printable
You can download clues 1 through 6 here, alternative hiding places here, or blank clues here

The directions:
1. Download the free printable of your choice.
2. Print the clues on either regular paper or white cardstock.
3. Cut each clue out. 

4. While your kids are asleep tape clue #1 to their bedroom door, on either the inside or the outside. Just somewhere where they will find it right away. Then tape the rest of the clues in their correct hiding places (clue #2 would go by a pair of shoes at the front door or closet etc, clue #3 would go underneath their seat, clue #4 would go on a jug of milk or a cup of water in the refrigerator, and so on). 
5. Hide their Easter basket behind a piece of furniture in the living room, or use any of the alternative hiding places or even write your own. 

Happy Hunting!

19 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Thanks for the free printable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much and already have it printed. I can't wait to use it. :) Thanks for the printable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these clues! I might have to use this for something else sometime, like an impromptu treasure hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rockin the printables. I love it!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun thing to do for the older kids!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun!! I might just use your clues, since they're already done (lazy mom alert)!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I'm pinning this for next year when I think Ez might get it a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are your hunts, love them all! Your clues are great :) Can't wait to see the pictures and/or video to follow! hint, hint...I want a video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I'm going to work on this tonight and get our clues set up and planned out for Sunday! THANK YOU FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I seriously think you take the prize with making holidays super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are awesome! Funnest mom that I know. :) Thank you for this awesome printable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your printables!!! You know this will be a definite part of Easter surprise for us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So. Fun!! We may have to do this one, too. The St. Patty's Day hunt was a HUGE hit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun.... now if only we did baskets lolololol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fun idea! You'll have to let us know how Aria does with her clues! I hope you have a great Easter!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was almost afraid you werent going to do these and was about to forge ahead and make something myself. Im so glad youre sharing these!!! Kinsey is still all amped up from St Pattys and wants to find her basket on Easter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Going to make her work hard for that basket! Haha we usually just leave it right out on the island for them. When I was a kid my mom just snuck it into my room. Which was the best thing ever except I wouldn't fall asleep and I'd wake up and check to see if the bunny had come yet. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always, I'm too late for this fun! Pinning for next year! But may need you to post and remind me too 😉 This sounds so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AMAZING!! I'm so bummed I missed this! Pinning for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.