Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Vintage Easter Book & Eight More Favorites

The Easter Egg Artists, Vintage Children's Books
When I was a little girl I sat on the floor in my room and went through my books. I saved a stack that I wanted my kid(s) to have one day. I picked out my favorites and placed them on the bottom shelf. And there they stayed until years later when I moved them into Aria's room for her. Some of them we've read and some of them we haven't. They are all decently long and a little old for Aria yet.

She does have two favorites though. One is about a lazy Basset hound and the other is The Easter Egg Artists by Adrienne Adams. It is a story about a family of bunnies that decorate Easter eggs. The son learns about the sense of accomplishment from working hard and the enjoyment of developing his artistic skills. It's a cute story with charming illustrations. Even though it is a bit on the longer side Aria has loved it since last Easter, and it was one of the first books she picked when I brought down her Easter books for this year.

While I do remember reading the lazy Basset hound story, I don't actually recall this bunny one from my childhood. It was in my stack of books though so it must have been special enough for me to put it aside. But, I love that she loves it and will sit through the whole thing.
The Easter Egg Artists, Vintage Children's Books
The Easter Egg Artists, Vintage Children's Books
The Easter Egg Artists, Vintage Children's Books
The Easter Egg Artists, Vintage Children's Books

Along with The Easter Egg Artists these are Aria's favorite Easter & bunny books.
Favorite Easter Children's Books

What are your favorite Children's Easter books? I always like to include a new book in Aria's Easter basket and I'm not sure which one to get this year.

17 comments:

  1. I have a similar post coming out next week. :) I love Aria sitting in the chair with her book. And the bandaids on her shin make it all the cuter. Typical live of a kiddo. I love The Country Bunny growing up. Cam is a huge fan of Pete the Cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of The Easter Egg Artists but it sounds so cute - must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Easter Cat looks like a funny one. I love how chill she looks sitting in her chair :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet that you thought to set aside some of your books for your future kids while you were young. I set aside an illustrated Anne of Green Gables, which now that I have boys probably won't get any use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of that book - how cool to have a few from childhood to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's so sweet that you saved some of your favourite books for your kids! Such a nice thing to pass down to them. And I absolutely love the bandaids on her legs. I feel like that is such a perfect way to capture childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Great minds! Since this is exactly my TTBH post :p but amazingly we didn't pick ANY of the same books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We both saved favorite books from our childhood, how awesome was our foresight?! Sharing books and Disney movies is my favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you saved books for your children! I saved books too but I don't think I thought so far ahead as to save for my kids.... Just that I wanted them forever. Books are magic though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so awesome that you saved the books for her! I so wish that I had done that wit some of my books. I especially loved the Little Golden Books Panda Bears Paint Shop and they don't sell it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First thing - Aria's crossed little legs. SO CUTE!
    Second - I have to check out the Easter Egg Artist, I've never heard of it!
    Third - We need the Pete the Cat book in our collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so special she had your books. It is so fun to say something used to be yours when you were a kid and now is your child's. I love the pic of her crossing her legs reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so special she had your books. It is so fun to say something used to be yours when you were a kid and now is your child's. I love the pic of her crossing her legs reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, she is so cute all lounging on the chair reading her book. :)

    That's so cool that you kept some of your childhood books & that she is able to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like I know this book too!!! And I'm loving her lounging on the chair (and those bandaids....!!!!!)

    Andplusalso the Country Bunny and the Golden Shoes...I can't find it anywhere and I've been looking for years!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list!! I need to up our Easter book collection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list!! I need to up our Easter book collection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.