Monday, March 21, 2016

$10 at Target - March

Welcome to this month's $10 at Target challenge! It's simple enough to join in - take yourself to Target with 10 bucks of fun money and see what you can find. Then take a picture of your haul and let us know if you came in on budget by linking up below.
Sweet Turtle Soup: $10 at Target - March link up
Becky at bybmg // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Elizabeth at Chasin' Mason // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest

For this month's challenge I wanted to find a few things for Aria's Easter basket. Unfortunately I didn't have much luck. My usual plan of attack is to just grab everything that catches my eye, put it all into my cart, and then go through it after wandering throughout the entire store. I did that this time and ended up with 6 bucks worth of items - the bows, and the net. I went back through the dollar spot and the holiday section, still nothing. So I kept the bows and the net, and then went looking for anything else random. I wanted the straws for an Easter project so I tossed those in. Then Aria spotted the Paw Patrol bubbles and got so excited, so I sneaked that in when she wasn't looking too. Done and done.
Sweet Turtle Soup: $10 at Target - March link up
So, the big moment. Did I make it under 10 for the first time?
Sweet Turtle Soup: $10 at Target - March link up
Of course not. But, only 2 cents over this time. A personal best!

Sweet Turtle Soup

If you joined in with us for this month's $10 at Target challenge please link up below. And, mark your calendars for the next challenge link up on April 18th.


24 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for paper straws, always buy them, hardly uses them! You're getting pretty good at this! I bet next month you're dead even!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great haul! I love the bows and she'll have a blast with that net!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always sneak stuff in my basket too, my seven year old has figured it out though...so I have to shop with out him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks and that net lasts forever! We got that a while back and my kids are still playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw those hair bows are very cute and I like your outdoorsy net.
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices!! I love that Aria was excited about the bubbles! So sweet. Our dollar aisle is either great or extremely picked over. I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHY am I not apart of this? So much fun! And you know how much I love Target! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go hunt down that butterfly net for Lily! Our dollar bins have seriously been lacking lately though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. So close! I grabbed Easter basket things just last week but totally forgot about this linkup. Next month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got Hal some of those bubbles, but I got the Elsa ones because girlfriend is obsessed with "Let it go movie" Love the bows and net!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's seriously close to $10! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, love those bows too. I am going to get 10.01 one day and that is just going to make me so mad, lol. Can't wait to see what she catches in that net :D!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun, good job you were oh so close! Those darn state taxes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm like you - I throw EVERYTHING in my cart. And then re-evaluate as I'm shopping, or right before I go to checkout.
    Paw Patrol bubbles?!! Where were those? I haven't seen those at our Target. And I know Marcus would FLIP over them!
    Two cents? Psh. That's nothing. I'm amazed you ladies are able to keep it so close to $10 at all. I have exactly zero willpower when it comes to Tar-jay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That butterfly net is adorable! Good haul!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good job! Is that all you bought?? I only go to target when I need diapers, so there's $70 before I've even browsed :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice momma thinking to grab goodies for the Easter basket! My oldest daughter loved the nets. I am pretty sure throughout the years we bought more than one. Your daughter is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gah! SO CLOSE!!! I consider that a win anyway. I mean, it totally rounds down, right? Right.
    This month I actually had a bunch of stuff in my basket and had to go through it too. The dollar spot was killing it but I decided that I just didn't NEED some of the things. Don't you hate it when you're being a responsible adult? So un-fun.
    BUT I do think I NEED those Paw Patrol bubbles! I mean, Mason needs them, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally hit up the Dollar spot for my niece and nephew's Easter baskets! I think I got my niece the same straws as you, just in pink!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  20. 2 CENTS!! That's a win in my book! I spend $10 each month and with my 5% Red Card discount and then tax I'm usually over a bit but I count it as a win each month because I spent $10 and it's not my fault I have to pay silly tax.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey...only 2 cents over? I'd consider that a total win for a Target trip! Those bows are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that net! I picked up all the gardening tools from that same line and was impressed with their quality. Those bows are really cute, too! Glad you found enough to come up with $10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'd say GREAT success! and this takes some serious skill that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.