Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Picture Perfect Project: 12 in 2016 - February

Valentine's Day Mini Photo Session, Heart Balloon
"My Heart" 

Hello! It's time for another round of The Picture Perfect Project. I am joining up with Beth of Our Pretty Little Girls, Whitney of Work it Mommy, Stephanie of Wife Mommy Me, Elizabeth of Chasin' Mason, and Desiree of Macke Monologues to encourage you to challenge yourself in 2016 to take pictures daily, monthly, weekly, or any combination under the sun. And, then link-up with us on the 2nd Thursday of each month to share your progress. Challenges are always more fun when you do them with friends.

My challenge is "12 in 2016" - taking a photo of Aria once a month all year. Not just any picture (because I can usually be found behind my camera) but a picture where Aria is both looking in my direction and with a genuine smile. Some months are more successful than others but the only picture you regret is the one you don't take.

This month I didn't get her looking or a big smile, but this picture was my favorite of the bunch. I love the way her little hands are holding each other and the string. Sometimes life knows better than the photographer.

This is also the third year of having a mini photo shoot with a heart balloon (or three). I'm a sucker for the traditions!

2015
Valentine's Day Photo Shoot, Heart Balloon

2014
Valentine's Photo Shoot, heart balloon

Sweet Turtle Soup

Please link-up any photography challenge you've been working on this year below! The link-up will be open until the end of the month, so add your link anytime between now and then. You can also  share your pictures on instagram or twitter using #thepictureperfectproject. And, don't forget the next link up is on March 10th.


 Have a wonderful Valentine's Weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love repeating photos each year... We do that A LOT! And sometimes the best photo is where they aren't looking. I think this shows so much of her personality without even seeing her whole face or a smile... Definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture!!! Such a beautiful girl and repeating a picture each year is such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is downright precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun thing to do year after year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you've done the heart balloon the last couple of years. That's a cute idea! I need to find something to repeat year after year. Those are fun to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the heart balloon and how much has changed in the years!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great shot!! It's so sweet and innocent. The perfect picture for this month. The balloon is a genius touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you include pictures from previous years for comparison/prosperity sake. You and your mini sessions make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my heart! That sweet picture of Aria holding that balloon! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sucker for traditions too and I adore your heart balloon one! These snaps are oh so sweet! You have the cutest lit'l model around so that helps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness I love this idea, so much fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this tradition! Some of my favorite photos are the ones where nobody is looking at the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to do the same photo every year! So cute and it'll be so fun to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, how sweet is she with the little heart balloon? And I love that this is a tradition! Traditions are my jam!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.