Friday, February 19, 2016

Oh Hey, It's Five on Friday: Sick, Sunshine & TTBH

Happy Friday! I've got 5 this week.

ONE - Sick, sick, sick
Sweet Turtle Soup - Oh Hey, It's Five on Friday: Sick, Sunshine & TTBH
This month has flown by as we've been under the haze of another round of illness. Aria picked something up, and next thing I know I'm down for the count as well. While Aria's was the light version mine was the double whammy version. Hers has finally run its course, and I'm just waiting for my nose and cough to get the memo that they are unwanted.

TWO - Sunshine
Sweet Turtle Soup - Oh Hey, It's Five on Friday: Sick, Sunshine & TTBH
Aria is pleased that the weather has been sunshine and 70s this week. It's been warm enough for one of her favorite activities. Playing in the hose! She's been out on the back porch all week and in the yard making a lovely mud hole for herself.

THREE - The Pioneer Woman
Aria and I have been having an almost daily Pioneer Woman date. It's been a nice break in the afternoons this week while we've been recovering to cuddle up together and watch an episode. It also makes us itch to get in the kitchen. Aria wants to make the blueberry lemonade, and I've been drooling over her frozen mochas we saw on recent episodes. I've also got my mind on her pot roast, an old favorite around here.

FOUR - Mommy & Me
Sweet Turtle Soup - Oh Hey, It's Five on Friday: Sick, Sunshine & TTBH
I try to get a picture of me and Aria each week. Since I'm always the one behind the camera. I've been making an effort to get a few more photos of me with her. If you follow me on Instagram then you'll have seen these too, but the #mommyandmeafb is fast becoming my favorite.

FIVE - Teaching Together Blog Hop
Sweet Turtle Soup - Oh Hey, It's Five on Friday: Sick, Sunshine & TTBH
And, lastly a quick reminder that the next link up for the Teaching Together Blog Hop is on March 3rd! My last post was the first half of hand and foot print animal ABCs, so stay tuned for the second half coming up next.

16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you are sick. Boo! Hope you start feeling better real quicklike!

    I love the hand & foot alphabet thingie. So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been sick. We have had some ickies at our house, too. Go away colds and crud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bummer you're not feeling well! Marcus has been battling one cold after another since NOVEMBER! I swear he's had a cough just as long. And, he's been oh-so kind and passed most of his gross to Julia. FUN!

    So, I have a lemon blueberry muffin recipe that isn't PW, but I think Aria may enjoy it! I'll be posting about it in April for the foodie linkup, but, if you want to give it a shot before then, let me know. I'll be the first to say that they are freaking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Sickies are the worst. Hope you're feeling better soon! I'm going to have to try the frappuccino recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you've been sick! Really adds to the whole I hate February thing even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noooo, the sick is NO GOOD!

    We love the pioneer woman too! Abigail will ask if we can watch a "cook" show ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuck to being sick and I love watching the pioneer woman, although I rarely do it. She's so funny in her blog posts though! And the animal feet and foot prints, you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I hate coughs!! They always last forever. Hope you feel better asap. Parenting while sick is the hardest thing. Love all the mommy and me photos. I need to make more of a point to take those. The hose picture is adorable. She looks so grown up in the black suit. It looks like something I'd want for myself. Impeccable style, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you poor girls! I think Seth has what you girls had and it hit him hard. I'm trying to keep all the doors and windows open and not get too close or be out of the house as much as possible so Mason and I don't get it. Fingers crossed!! So glad you guys are finally on the mend!
    Also, Pioneer Woman! Yes! Do you follow her on snapchat? I love her there too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are both starting to feel better! Being sick is such a drag. And we love the Pioneer Woman around here. Did you know she has a snapchat and she posts quick little tutorials on there too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to you referencing PW, I started following her blog a while back and there are so many yummy things! Hope you guys are feeling better- being sick is no fun. I like the mommy and me photos; I need to get back to doing that. I've been slacking since Charlotte came along :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the ABC animals, so cute and fun! We haven't been doing a ton of crafts but I really like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you are all recovered and feeling normal again. Being sick when the weather is so nice is always a drag! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, we have had far too much sickness in our house too! And who doesn't love the Pioneer Woman?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the mother daughter bonding sounds lovely.. watching cooking shows together..
    the one on one bonding gets so much harder to do with more than one child.
    hope you start to feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  16. I only make the PW pot roast!! its so good and on the menu this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.