Tuesday, February 2, 2016

[Foodie for a Year - link up #1] - Heart Shaped Valentine's Sugar Cookies

Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #1] - Heart Shaped Valentine's Sugar Cookies
Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #1] - Heart Shaped Valentine's Sugar Cookies
Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #1] - Heart Shaped Valentine's Sugar Cookies
Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #1] - Heart Shaped Valentine's Sugar Cookies
What better way to say Happy Valentine's Day than with frosting and heart shapes and pink? We made these using our favorite soft sugar cookie recipe topped with a pile of buttercream frosting. It makes a whole heap of cookies, so you will have enough to share with all of your loved ones. Chris's work colleagues can look forward to a big plate full of these goodies today.

Sweet Turtle Soup: [Foodie for a Year - link up #1] - Heart Shaped Valentine's Sugar Cookies

Sweet Turtle Soup


So, what are you making for Valentine's Day this year? Share it with us below! For more details check back on this post. Remember the next Foodie for a Year link up is on Tuesday, April 5th - the theme is a brunch recipe! You can also share with us using the #foodieforayear on instagram and twitter!


16 comments:

  1. Sugar cookies with frosting are the best!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Definitely wouldn't last long in our house

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than frosted sugar cookies. YUM. Yours look so soft and fluffy! I'll have to try the recipe you use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at cookie. Love the one with a bite stolen :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft sugar cookies - SO good! I need to try this recipe. These look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum! These look delicious and oh so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!! And so cute! I suck at making cute shaped cookies though but these sound pretty easy. I may have to try them. I'm sure Mason would love to help decorate aka put a huge pile of sprinkles in one place lol. I love the one with the bite taken out of it :) I bet I know who the culprit is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! I would definitely love them with plenty of icing and sprinkles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sugar cookies are my most favorite treat for any holiday! Now I must make a batch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive been on the hunt for a good sugar cookie recipe! So these are soft like the Lofthouse cookies then? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a sugar cookie recipe I like, but those looms super thick, and soft, and oh so delicious. Going to have to give that recipe a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I wish I could grab one of those through the computer screen! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.