Monday, January 11, 2016

Valentine's Day: Love Handprint and Footprint Canvas Art

Sweet Turtle Soup: Valentine's Day - Love Handprint and Footprint Canvas Art
This is one of my favorite handprint and footprint canvases that Aria and I have made. And, since it is one of my most popular pins I thought it deserved a brand new post.

What you need:
- canvas
- pink and white paint
- paintbrush, one large and one small

Directions:
Paint your canvas with an ombre technique by starting with the pink paint on the bottom. Then mix in a little bit of white paint into the pink paint as you paint upwards. Keep adding white to the pink until you are to the top. Let it dry.

Paint your child's hand with the white paint and stamp where the "o" would be in the word "love". Then paint your child's feet, one foot at a time, and stamp them in the shape of a V where the "v" would be in the word "love".

You can let the hand and footprint stamps dry or get right to painting the L and E. When you are finished let it dry and then admire. Save it for years to come and marvel at how tiny those hands and feet once were. 

19 comments:

  1. Love this project!! My kids would love it. Okay, Cam would and Emmy would go along with it. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how fun. i did the exact project with kaye when she was one! http://farmerbell.blogspot.com/2014/01/love-canvas-by-kaye.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I want to do something similar with Jack. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now this is precious!!! Love it. I think we need to make these for the Grandparents! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love that you did an ombre background!

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the ombre background. I need to do a V-day craft...what to do, what to do. Where you keep this in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Can't believe it's almost Valentine's Day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heart (pun intended) everything about this!! I'm pretty sure this will make an appearance in the grandparents mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so stinkin' cute! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! I was just admiring your ombre, thanks for the break down, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Though I've learned from Noah's teacher that he (and many of his classmates) are not fans of the painting their hands, let alone their feet. But maybe I'll make an exception and give it a try with him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!!! Seriously the cutest idea. I bet the grandparents would love something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this one too! Now how to do it with multiple kids..... I can't have three "love" canvases lying around now can I?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this one! We did this for Avery's first ever Valentines day, she was 4 months old, maybe it's time to renew it :)
    Our background was just stripped though, loving the ombre!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That turned out perfectly! Love the ombré!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this idea and hope to recreate it soon! What kind of paint do you use? I have both crayola and acrylic but not sure what would work best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all your ombre painting skills are impressive, secondly I wish my kids had smaller feet. This turned out SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I've got to do some artwork with Stella! I was always good about it with Wyatt...#secondchildproblems

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.