Wednesday, January 27, 2016

How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime

Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
I made Aria some Halloween slime back in October, and she loved it. She played with it until it dried out a bit and I tossed it. When I told her I was going to make her some Valentine slime she was over the moon. And what says Valentine's better than pink glittery slime?

Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Here is what you will need:
  • 2 cups of white glue
  • 1 1/2 cups of warm water
  • a few drops of food coloring of choice
  • 2 tablespoons of glitter
  • 1 cup of hot water
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons of borax
Instructions:
In a large bowl combine the glue, the 1 1/2 cups warm water, the food coloring, and the glitter. Stir until combined. 
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day SlimeSweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
In a measuring cup, dissolve the borax in the 1 cup of hot water.
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Slowly pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture while stirring.
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Then get your hands in there and squish and knead until it all comes together and the water is absorbed. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes to become slime.
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime

Notes:
Because of the glitter your hands will be covered after you squish it into slime. After it turns into slime the glitter doesn't tend to get all over though. I wasn't sure if we would end up with glitter hands and a table each time we played with the slime, but I've only seen the occasional lone glitter spec afterwards.

Store it in an air tight container and it lasts a nice long time. The Halloween slime we made would get dry around the edges eventually but I'd pick it off and toss those pieces and Aria could keep on playing with it.

Borax and glue aren't the best things for tummies so wait until the "put everything in your mouth" phase is over for this activity.

That big bottle of glue costs around 12 or 14, and you can make two slime recipes with it.

Sweet Turtle Soup - How to Make Pink Glittery Valentine's Day Slime
Aria couldn't wait another second for her slime to be finished. She has played with it daily (sometimes more than once) since I made it. It works great with cookie cutters, and with plastic knives, and with a rolling pin, and to make snake families over and over and over and over...until you just can't roll out another snake ever again.

I modified my recipe from The Connection We Share.

22 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea! Great activity to keep them occupied for a while and also good for sensory. I can see why Aria loves it. Cam would too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! We love making slime too! Aria is getting so big! I have so much catching up to do here! Love you guys xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat! I still have to use edible dough with Hal because she still tries to eat it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've made this before, but I never thought to add glitter! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea! I wonder if Mason would like that? He doesn't typically like crafts but this seems a bit different.
    It looks pretty sticky as you're making it though... it's not like that after it's mixed and finished right? Does it kind of feel like silly putty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this idea!! Scarlett will love making it too, I think I'll put this on my to do list for this week! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made slime... but strangely I kinda want to now. I am usually not a fan of these kinds of things. Do you find it to be messy to play with?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, fun! Pinning now to make with Tory. She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so pretty and fun! Elin is obsessed with playdoh right now so I am sure she would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fun, and so easy! I may have to attempt this one. Maybe it will keep the older one entertained while I make my best efforts to throw together dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so glad you guys are slime-addicts too! Our halloween slime is still going strong lol. Pink + glitter make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! We love making slime, and it keeps my toddler busy at basketball games!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to google what borax was but this looks like SO much fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! Unfortunately one of us is in the put everything in your mouth phase. He's double fisting hot wheels as I type this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! I feel like borax is something I just should have around all the time. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well since we have all of these things on hand, we will be doing this ASAP! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fun! I need to do this as an afterschool project with my boys. (Mason and I keep his little best friend every afternoon) They would love it But of course I would have to do a boy color which really isn't Valentine! hehe! Cute pictures of Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can I make this for me?! It looks so fun (and pretty).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to do stuff like this with P! So fun and I love that it's so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this looks so cool! My kids (and I) would love it! I had no idea slime was so easy to make. And I also had no idea what Borax was, so thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.