Monday, January 25, 2016

A Day in the Life - Winter edition

Our day: Friday, January 22nd, 2016 - Aria is 3 years and 2 months old.

2:00 am | Aria wakes up so I hold her hand for a minute and she goes back to sleep.

3:30 am | Aria is up again so I hold her hand for another minute and she goes back to sleep.

6:49 am | My first alarm goes off. Aria is sleeping soundly. Chris is getting ready for work. I go back to sleep.

7:25 am | My "Aria's green light goes off soon" alarm goes off. I play around on my phone to wake myself up a bit.

7:35 am | I hear Aria leave her room and ever so slowly open up the bedroom door. She pops up on the bed with me and snuggles for a few minutes. I asked her if she had any dreams and she says she dreamed about Santa.

7:47 am | She is all done snuggling. So she hops down and trots off to the living room while I work on moving. Why do beds have to be so cozy?

7:50 am | I finally remember I want to do a DitL and start taking notes.

7:52 am | Now I drag myself out of bed. I find Aria playing with her baby and stroller in the living room. She wants to get dressed this morning instead of staying in her pajamas today.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

8:04 am | Next up we feed the dogs and cat. Aria has a pity party over not getting to say hello to the cat. When she calmed down she fed the dogs.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

8:09 am | The dogs are eating breakfast so we head outside.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

8:14 am | Aria asks if she can play with her pink slime so I set her up at the table with it while the dogs lounge outside. I go brush my teeth and wash my face, refill the ice cube trays, get myself water and Aria some milk, and then empty and refill the dishwasher.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

8:39 am | I am just finishing up the dishes so I play with the slime with Aria. We make snakes - mama snakes and daddy snakes and baby snakes and puppy snakes and grandma snakes.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

9:01 am | The dogs come back inside. Aria wants to play with them. I start a load of laundry.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

9:06 am | Aria wants a bandaid for a bug bite. Then she comes and helps me finish the laundry.

9:10 am | Time for breakfast. Aria wants pancakes, and we happen to have leftover pumpkin chocolate chip ones in the freezer still. So easy enough. I pop one in the toaster.

9:13 am | I pick her up to wash her hands. She snuggles on my shoulder so I sway with her and hum for a bit. When I stop to actually wash her hands she asks to me to keep snuggling her. So we hum and sway some more. I'm pretty sure I was humming the mario tune. Eventually I wash her hands and she gets in her high chair.

9:19 am | The pancake is ready. She also gets strawberries. I have a yogurt, which Aria eats half of too.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

9:39 am | Aria asked for a bagel to go with the rest of her feast so while she eats part of a bagel I get out the vacuum.

9:49 am | Aria is done eating so I pause the vacuum and wash her hands and face so she can get down.

9:51 am | She asks to go play in great grandma's room so while she does that I finish vacuuming and scoop the cat's litter.

10:02 am | When I'm done I go check in with Aria. She tells me she is reading her favorite story in the whole world, she is holding one of great grandma's books. She says it is about monsters, H I V F C that means monsters, see? (she shows me a page).
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

10:05 am | I clean up from breakfast now, and then check the menu for the day. It's chicken for dinner so I grab some chicken breasts from the freezer to thaw. Then I check on the laundry and switched it to the dryer and started another load.

10:14 am | I go check in with Aria again. She made great grandma's bed herself, so I lay down on top and pretend to sleep. She pounces on me then cuddles up for a whole 45 seconds.

10:19 am | I change out of my pajamas.

10:24 am | Morning chores are accomplished. Time for iced coffee.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

10:29 am | Aria comes running down the hallway yelling "I have to go poopoo mommy, will you wipe my butt after???". After that is taken care of she asks to put pants on since she notices that I changed into pants. She gets pants on then runs back to great grandma's room.

11:01 am | Aria comes running back out wanting to go "shopping" in her kitchen for groceries for her baby. She stocks up on the essentials then takes them into great grandma's room.

11:10 am | She brought all the groceries into great grandma's room but now that she is done with them she doesn't want to bring them back out. She starts to throw a fit about it so I tell her I'll pick them up and put them in a time out if she wants and she will also lose her TV time before lunch. She changed her mind and picked them up herself.

11:12 am | She picked everything up really quickly and then ran over to the rocking chair asking to watch TV now. She tried to get into the rocking chair too quickly and it fell over on top of her, which was pretty funny because it toppled over like a perfect cage and didn't actually hurt her. She was just trapped underneath the arms and the back. I almost took a picture but I thought I'd better just rescue her. After she gets into the chair more slowly I turn on Bubble Guppies for her.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

11:17 am | I start making lunch. Turkey burgers and green beans today.

11:50 am | It started raining at some point while I was cleaning, and now that is stopped I let the dogs outside again.

12:05 pm | Chris gets home. So it's time for lunch. (What time is it? It's time for lunch!)
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

12:32 pm | Lunch is over. I clean Aria up so she can give Chris a hug before he goes back to work. Usually she is still eating when he leaves to go back. I turn on Mutt and Stuff for Aria while I clean up lunch.

12:40 pm | The lunch mess is cleaned up. Aria's show is still on so I empty the dishwasher and refill it again. Then I pull out the dry clothes and dump them on the bed for later.

12:51 pm | Mutt and Stuff is over so Aria turns off the TV. Then we get out the box of duplos to play with.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

1:11 pm | Aria needs a bathroom break. When she is done she asks for a wet wipe and proceeds to "clean" her room with it followed by the hallway and a few more wet wipes.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

1:23 pm | Aria asks for her chalkboard easel. I pull it out and she scribbles a bit on it but mostly just wanted to wet wipe it. While she does that I fold some of her clothes that have been piling up.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

1:38 pm | I finished folding them all, so I ask her if she wants to help me sort the new laundry I dumped on my bed. It is one of her favorite chores so she is enthusiastic.

1:42 pm | After we sort Aria asks if she can go pretend she's at Disney with great grandma. I tell her she can go ask so she runs off and does that.

1:58 pm | She is done pretending to visit Disney so we let the dogs outside and I get her a snack of her favorite Frozen fruit snacks.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

2:10 pm | When she is finished with her fruit snacks great grandma calls her into her bedroom because she left a mess. So she goes to clean it up.

2:24 pm | She got distracted after she cleaned up whatever mess she made and wanted to play in great grandma's sink. She comes out soaked so I change her outfit and then she wants to go out and swing with me.

3:20 pm | I have reached my pushing a child on a swing limit so we come back inside. I realize the duplos are still on the floor so we clean them up and then Aria dances while I play drums on top of the container.

3:32 pm | Aria wanted to go play in great grandma's room yet again. She doesn't usually want to play in there so much, normally she just plays for a bit in the mornings after breakfast. I organize some photos on my computer.

3:47 pm | Chris gets home from work. Aria comes out at the same time and wants to sit on my lap. I tell her she can as soon as I finish whatever bit I was working on, but she doesn't like that answer. She tries to climb up anyways. I put her down. She claws my arm so she gets carted off to a time out with dad. When she comes back out she apologizes and sits on my lap for a hot second before wanting to run back off to great grandma's room.

4:09 pm | I prep the chicken and potatoes for dinner. We are having pan fried chicken and oven fries.

4:29 pm | I hate touching raw chicken, but everything is prepped so I have another iced coffee. Chris and I chat while Aria is (still!) playing in great grandma's room.

5:25 pm | I start making dinner.

5:50 pm | We decide to have a spontaneous family movie night. Aria picks Hotel Transylvania 2. I put that in while I finish up dinner.

6:09 pm | Dinner is ready. I set up Aria with dinner at her picnic table. She also got blueberries with her chicken fingers and oven fries.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

6:49 pm | Aria needed a bathroom break, and more blueberries.

7:27 pm | The movie is over and Aria wants to dance to the music at the end.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

7:35 pm | Dance party is over so time for bed. Night time diaper, pajamas, lights out, three songs, and hugs and kisses. I sit with Aria while Chris goes back to work. Two seconds after Chris leaves she says she needs to go potty again... I get her settled again and hold her hand for a minute before saying my good night.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Winter edition

8:02 pm | I close Aria's door. Then I realize I still have to finish folding the rest of the laundry. I do that and then clean up dinner and the kitchen.

8:22 pm | I check Aria's monitor and she's sleeping. I continue with the rest of the cleaning.

8:32 pm | I'm done! Time to shower.

8:48 pm | I grab a pineapple and rum then crawl into bed with my laptop to work on our family yearbook.

12:07 pm | Finally realize how late it is so I let the dogs out once more before crashing.

The end.

For the rest of my DiTL posts you can click here!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a pretty busy day at home. Ha ha! I love aria announcing she has to poop and you need to wipe for her. Oh the life of a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a busy day! I love getting a peek into other's days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your days are just so jammed pack of stuff. My goodness. I enjoy reading these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when you do these, just reading it makes me tired, haha! I'm doing one of these first week of February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DitL posts are SO entertaining! Mine feel so blah in comparison, which is probably why I don't do them haha! I totally got the Bubble Guppies song stuck in my head now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I read one of these I get so so tired. I need a nap and a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so incredibly WARM there! Also, love the dance party at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aria is getting so big! Love the Dance party! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys do a lot during the day! I am horrible about putting laundry away. The clean stuff piles up but I never have much time to fold and put away, so it just hangs out in the basket for a few days. I love that picnic table for her to sit at. I need to convince Paysen to use her table more often. Seems easier than cleaning off a high chair all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always seem to get so much done on your DITL posts! And I love how much fun and silly Aria is these days. She's such a little character. We need to start doing movie nights and evening dance parties! And pineapple with rum? YES PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely going to have to make some of the putty! Can't believe it kept her entertained for so long! It's always refreshing to read these and see that Wyatt isn't the only child who runs from one thing to the next in minutes. I'm just impressed at how well you survive without having a nap time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pineapple and rum! Yum! (Totally didn't mean for that to rhyme).
    Your day sounds so busy!!! I swear people don't know how I work and do it all but your day sounds so much more tiring than mine! I don't know how you do it! Entertaining a toddler all day is no easy task.
    Sounds like you guys had a busy and fun day though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how detailed your DITL posts are! And puppy snakes with the slime...love it! And her love for cleaning things with wipes cracks me up! So precious. I always want to do one of these DITL posts, but forget until I see someone else posting about it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously can't believe how big Aria is getting! She is, and always will be, one of my favorite internet babies -- such a cutie pie! :) I also think it's nice Chris is able to come home for lunch and dinner. Life rarely happens around the dinnertime these day, I love how your family makes that a priority. Thanks for sharing your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.