Monday, January 18, 2016

$10 at Target - January

I started seeing these $10 at Target posts pop up and thought they were just the most fun. Who doesn't like a trip to Target with 10 bucks of 'fun' money? Next thing I know Becky asked if I wanted to give it a whirl myself. Yes, please! I actually went to Target for something - I don't even remember, it was clearly a very important trip - and was going to do my $10 challenge at the same time. I walked out without even remembering. Good thing Target is my home away from home.

I made it back to Target and loaded the cart with anything that caught my eye under 10 bucks. I probably debated the merits of 20 different items plus various $10 combinations for 45 minutes. Aria and dad were off wandering the toy aisles. It was rather enjoyable to meander around on my own doing mental calculations. And, finally I landed on just the right combo of goodies - something for me, something for Aria, and something for Aria and me!
Sweet Turtle Soup: $10 at Target - January
So, what did it all end up costing?
Sweet Turtle Soup: $10 at Target - January
$10.09! I failed. 9 cents over. In my defense we did go to the Target with higher sales tax, which I didn't take into consideration. Whatever! Aria loves her new Paw Patrol plate.

Here is what everybody else found for $10 this month!
Sweet Turtle Soup: $10 at Target - January
Becky at bybmg
Courtney at Sweet Turtle Soup
Elizabeth at Chasin Mason
Rachel at Garay Treasures
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me
Whitney at Polka-Dotty Place


Care to join? The February $10 at Target is schedule for Feb. 22nd!


21 comments:

  1. Gosh darn sales tax! I say you still had success in only spending $10. That plate is great! Cam loves character plates as well. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sales tax does make a difference! I love what you got! Can't wait to see what goodies you bake up with the cupcake liners!

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little posts!! Loving those cupcake funsies!!!! It is quite relaxing to wander around alone, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this! I have never seen this before but love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would call this a win - who cares about 9 cents! :) That little baking kit is adorable...I considered that when I was scouting for my $10 haul, too! :)

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all are really going to enjoy those super fun cupcakes! I love things that add a little extra cuteness to something. You got several really great items. I really enjoy these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 9 cents is nothing - I say you had success! I definitely need to try this next month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is such a fun idea! I may join in next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! My favorite is the part where you got to wander around alone in Target for a bit. That's priceless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does your pretty mint mug have anything on it? Also, I cant wait to see how your cupcakes turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, I should try that but nine chances outta ten, it would all be spent in the Dollar Spot...I love that stuff! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those cupcake liners! Target is killing it will all the festive pink & red right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Good choices! Granted I would probably end up spending WAAAY more than $10!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so fun! Their dollar section is killing it! I literally can't leave there without at least one thing! This is such a fun thing to do! I may have to set a reminder since the next one is right before my birthday so maybe it'll be a good excuse to try it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got such good stuff! Mason would LOVE that Paw Patrol stuff!
    Also, I totally went over 26 cents so don't worry!
    Also also, I'm jealous of your 6.5% sales tax! Our is 8% regularly!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun idea! And what a challenge that would be for me!!! Ugh target is my kryptonite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha .09 over darn you sales tax!!! You did great, love your choices. Can't wait to see what you ladies bake up! I totally eyeballed the cupcake wrappers too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Time out. Why does one target have a higher tax than the other? Different city/county?
    Also. We have that Paw Patrol plate - huge hit here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to find that plate. Connor would love it and I like plates withe sections, they make dinner time so much more peaceful for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this challenge and seeing what everyone spends their $10 on. I hear that Becky is going to make this a link-up and I am so excited. I've been dying to join in. I mean, who doesn't love another reason to visit Target? And Boo for higher tax at this location.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.