Thursday, December 10, 2015

Visits With Santa 2015 - Link-Up

It always feel like the Christmas season has officially arrived when we go visit Santa! The whole thing just puts me in the Christmas spirit. And, this year Aria guaranteed me that she was not going to cry when she sat on Santa's lap. I had pretty high hopes after all the practice she has gotten in this past year from our visits to see characters at Disney, but there was still that glimmer of fear in the back of my mind. But, check out that picture below! She nailed it.
Visits With Santa 2015 - Link-Up
The only bummer was that our timing was less than stellar. You may recall (probably not) that our first visit to Santa (two years ago) resulted in a three hour line wait, and even though that picture will always be my favorite I really didn't want to repeat a three hour wait. And, last year's Santa visit was perfectly short but the picture was full blown meltdown.

So, how did we do this year? Another three hour wait. Ha. They actually changed the line into a ticketed wait. You go and get a ticket to come back at a certain time. We got there and the wait was already at an hour and a half, four minutes after it opened by the way. Then when we were allowed to get in line it was another hour or so wait. Thankfully when it was finally our turn Aria was so very excited. She ran right up to Santa and gave him a big hug and then totally nailed the smile.

I'm not sure if the ticketed wait was better than just standing in a line. Wandering around the mall for an hour and a half with way too many things a kid can't touch isn't my ideal way to pass the time. Aria managed to break some fancy powerwheels type car at Neiman Marcus and would not stop climbing onto tables. I brought a whole bag full of books that we could have used to pass the time while waiting in line, but she had no interest in them when she was free to run around and cause chaos. It was an exhausting wait to visit Santa to say the least.

I've got my fingers crossed that next year we can get both the short line and the sweet photo.

Sweet Turtle Soup


If you didn't catch the link-up announcement the other week...Jenny, Elizabeth, Sara, Stephanie, Laureen, and I decided to get together to host a link-up where we can all share the photos we get this year of our kids visiting with Santa. I just love seeing them pop up all Christmas long. A place to gather them all together is practically perfect in every way.

The link up opens today and will run through the end of the year. That way no matter when you visit Santa you will have a chance to share, and if you've already visited and posted about it go ahead and link that up as well. You can also use #visitswithsanta15 on Instagram and Twitter!

I can't wait to see your Santa photos! Please link-up below.


22 comments:

  1. Well the picture if perfection even if the wait is not! Go Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture! That is one great Santa. Totally stinks about the wait though. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah she totally nailed the Santa photo! She wins first prize :). We saw Santa on the Santa train and have two more visits planned, so prepare for a few linked up posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Sweet girl (pun unintended!) I NEED to get Hallie's santa pics pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word - a three hour wait? At a mall? That's trouble! :) He must be one popular Santa!! But, the picture is adorable and totally worth the wait. Aria's dress is perfect and her smile is precious!! Fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She did so well and totally rocked the picture with Santa!!! I love it!
    But really, a 3 hour wait?! That's insane! I don't know how long the wait was this year since I sent Seth's mom with Mason since Seth and I had to work but last year, we got there early and were relatively close in line and it took forever. Each group wants individual pictures... Santa needs to take a break... I mean, come on. He's just sitting there and smiling. He could easily go 2 hours without a break, right? I guess not, I'm not the union! LOL. Either way... great picture Aria!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She rocked the Santa picture! For our Santa, which I didn't mention in my post, but you could go online and do a reservation for Santa, pay $10, which went towards your package, which we were going to buy anyway, and then when we got there it sort of acting like a fast pass at Disneyland. We just got in the reservation line which had 2 people in it, and the other line had about 5 at the time. One year we did wait over an hour in the line...because apparently there were "fast pass" tickets, haha :) Never again will I be that person! Aria looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!! I especially love her/his hands, how sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes^! I was going to comment on her little hand on his hand. So precious. She did so good with Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She rocked that Santa photo!!! Wow! Such a great photo! We met Santa yesterday...photos to come tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A 3-hour wait?!?!?! Oh my goodness, I'm not sure I could handle that! But what an amazing photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aria is BEAMING!!! And, are her eyes green?! I'm not sure I've noticed that before!

    We saw Santa at our zoo lights, but I wasn't about to pay the $25 for their mediocre pics. So, we have another trip to see him this weekend. I'm hoping for better (FREE!) photos! I'll be linking up as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, doesn't she just have a tinkle in her eye!? Plus, that Santa is straight Miracle on 34th Street material! Hopefully next year will have a super short wait time though. That's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING!!!! She totally rocked the Santa Photo!!! That wait and system sounds a little crazy. Although we would have NEVER surnvived staying in line for 3 hours but wow! Ok seriously she nailed the photo. it's just so sweet and beautiful! I'm not sure if it tops sleeping Aria but it's really close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! Although the sleeping one is hard to top. We still haven't gone. The last two years we visited Santa at Disney. I'm gonna miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is by far the most gorgeous Santa picture I have ever seen. The glamour shots of holiday pictures, if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing photo! She sure did nail this one! Love! Our Santa visit did not go quite as well, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for smiles! :) I can't believe it was a 3 hour wait! That's nuts. When we went, there was only 1 other person in line, so Reese got to spend lots of time talking to the big guy. It was fun to see her so excited. Great picture of Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So precious! I can't imagine taking Wyatt to a mall; I'm pretty sure everything would be broken!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She totally nailed it. Wowza on that wait in line too. I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it!! Totally worth the 3 hour wait (BLESS YOUR HEART!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.