Monday, December 7, 2015

The Picture Perfect Project - a photo challenge link-up announcement!

Now that the year is almost at it's end a lot of people are thinking about resolutions and focus words and new starts and challenges. I'm sure you've all seen the photo challenges that people participate in each year. Some of those challenges are to take a picture every single day, others are weekly, and some are even once a month. For the past two years I've challenged myself to take one photo of Aria per month. But, not just any photo because I take 1000s of those per month already....mamarazzi. The goal each month is to get a photo where Aria is 1) looking at the lens and 2) genuinely smiling. With a 2 year old that is harder than it sounds. Some months I only manage one of those two or even zero, but I always end up with new photos to treasure. And, that my friends is the whole reason I do it.

Just look at a few I've captured over the months.
The Picture Perfect Project - a photo challenge link-up announcement!
The Picture Perfect Project - a photo challenge link-up announcement!
The Picture Perfect Project - a photo challenge link-up announcement!
Those thighs. That hair. Sigh. She really is growing up much too quickly.

I think we all know the saying...the only picture you regret is the one you don't take. I've really taken that concept to heart since having Aria. I only wish I had invested in a quality camera sooner, and maybe figured out the whole light concept quicker.

A few months back I was toying with the idea of making my photo challenge into a link-up when Beth asked me if I had any interest in that very idea. Loved it! Beth has been challenging herself to take weekly photos of her girls this year, and it is wonderful. So, in 2016 I am joining up with Beth of Our Pretty Little Girls along with Whitney of Work it Mommy, Stephanie of Wife Mommy Me, Elizabeth of Chasin' Mason, and Desiree of Macke Monologues for The Picture Perfect Project.
The Picture Perfect Project - a photo challenge link-up announcement!
We invite you to challenge yourself this coming year to take pictures whether it be daily, weekly, monthly, etc. And, then link-up with us on the 2nd Thursday of each month to share your progress. Challenges are always more fun when you do them with friends. So go ahead and mark your calendars because the first link-up is on January 14th. You can also share your pictures on instagram or twitter using #thepictureperfectproject as well.

We look forward to seeing your photos in 2016!

Sweet Turtle Soup


14 comments:

  1. So excited to be co-hosting this project with you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! I need motivation to get the DSLR out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! So excited!
    (ps she's not 2 anymore! =P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this is a great challenge cuz really, these are pictures that you can keep forever.

    She is so dang cute, turning into quite the young lady, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for this. Going to get pictures of the kids both smiling at the same time if it kills me. Although this last week they are actually cooperating...maybe all those times I say, if you just do one smile then we'll be done instead of my chasing you guys around...finally paid off, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love this kind of stuff! I eat it on up. I love looking back and seeing how much has changed! Baby thighs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup I'm in! I was already thinking of doing this (Just not a link up) and this just seems perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how blonde Aria's hair is!
    This is going to be fun! i love taking pictures of Avery & looking back through the year, it seems like she's changing weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at widdle Aria!!
    Can't wait to get started with this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need your expertise on cameras because Im pretty sure Im the only one who doesnt have a DSLR, sigh. Point me in the right direction friend! This is going to be a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The struggle for the perfect photo is real! I feel like way too much of my time is spent looking through and deleting awful photos... After recent attempts to get the perfect Christmas photo (and failing) I can't really think of a photo challenge right now, but maybe after some time has passed and the trauma fades I'll join in ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this link up idea! I can't wait and it was actually already on my "resolution" list for 2016. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww Aria!! Adorable photos. I am excited about this project. I love any reason to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! Hoping to join in. I just need reminders to take regular pictures, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.