Thursday, December 17, 2015

Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16

For days 1 to 7 click here!

I'm so excited that Christmas is right around the corner! For one, it will be nice to not have to keep Aria from diving head first into the presents that are under the tree ha.  For two, it's Christmas morning - what could be better! In the meantime we are counting down the days.

Here is how we spent days 8 through 16.

Day Eight: Watch a Christmas Movie
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
One of my favorite Christmas movies is The Santa Clause. I finally picked up a copy on DVD this year, so we watched it with dinner. A little old for Aria, but festive.

Day Nine: Christmas Toes
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
Green and sparkly toes! I painted my fingers to match, but didn't snag a picture. And, yes she moved while I was painting her big toe.

Day Ten: Put the Little Christmas Tree in Aria's Room
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
The little tree was just sitting on our dining room table for days until I finally remembered to put it in Aria's room.

Day Eleven & Twelve: Make Christmas Cookies
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
Day eleven was suppose to be make Christmas cookies day, but I forgot we had no butter. So on day eleven we purchased butter, and on day twelve we made cookies. Baby steps.

 Day Thirteen: Family Game Day
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
We played Don't Break the Ice, the Go Fishin' Game, and Candy Land. I think Dad won all three.

Day Fourteen: Mini Photo Shoot in Front of the Christmas Tree
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
One of the things I had wanted to do while we were at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was take a family picture in front of the castle. But, the crowds were much too insane to even want to attempt it. So, I took a few in front of our tree in her little red sweater dress, which is what she wore to MVMCP, instead. Not quite the same, but cute nonetheless!

Day Fifteen: Watch a Christmas Movie
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
Today's movie was The Polar Express. I love the book. I don't love the movie (not a fan of the animation style), but it certainly is Christmas-y.

Day Sixteen: Make Reindeer Ornaments
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: Days 8 to 16
This was on my want to do list from last Christmas. Super simple and oh so cute. This one is Clarice.

Merry 8 Days Until Christmas!

11 comments:

  1. Man oh man, you guys are keeping busy! I forgot all about The Santa Clause, that was a good movie. I (well Autumn and I) just watched Elf. I figured Annabelle is still a little young for it (esp. the "You're a fake" scene). Aria is getting so big! We tried to watch Polar Express, but as soon as we turned it on Annabelle got scared and said "no! Turn off!". I don't think she liked the animation style. Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always you always keep it fun around your house! I have only watched the polar express and loves it. But took me this long to watch because of the animation. But as soon as Baby Fox's eyes lite up watching it I quickly changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Break the Ice! I love that game! I was looking for that game for my lil cousin last week with no such luck of finding it!

    I love the photo shoot. Ha! She loves the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Christmas fun and all of those smiles too! I can't believe there are only 8 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Christmas fun and all of those smiles too! I can't believe there are only 8 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little tree in Aria's room sure does have one very big and bright star. :)
    The fair isle leggings on Aria are seriously adorable. I wouldn't mind a pair in my size!!
    We were *thisclose* to heading to DLand this week, but a friend went and said the crowds were crazy. I think we'll wait until the holidays are over before we head back to the parks. With that said, your photo shoot in front of your tree sure was cute!
    We had Marcus watch The Polar Express a few nights ago. I forgot that there are some legit scary parts (the broken toys on the trail - yikes!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are killin' it! I love that on day 11 you bought butter and one day 12 you made cookies. Hey real life right there. I bought the Elf musical movie for Mason thinking it would be cute like the regular elf but it kinda sucked. We need to find a better Christmas movie to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another excellent week!!! Making memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute reindeer ornament! I hate when youre all set to bake and one ingredient is missing!!! For me, its usually sugar. Toddler toes are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 8 days until Christmas...what??? Good job on taking pictures of the cookies before you eat them all. I suck at that. And I love the Christmas tree photo shoot. Probably way cuter than anything you'd get in the midst of all those crowds at DWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Santa Clause is my most favorite Christmas movie! I have to watch it every year, along with White Christmas. I love the game day - what's that cute little snowy house in the background? That photo of her in front of the tree is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.