Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7

I finally got myself a legit advent calendar this year. Have you seen it? It's adorable.
We've been having a great time working our way through December with our advent activities and book countdown this year.

Here is how we've spent days 1 through 7.

Day One: Attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
I will be recapping Aria's Disney Birthday trip soon, so keep a look out for that. But, walking down Main Street all decorated for Christmas with the castle 'Frozen' while it snows is one of the most magical experiences ever.

Day Two: Have a Birthday Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
Because we didn't plan on taking a trip to Disney for Aria's birthday very far in advance we didn't have first dibs on dining reservations. Naturally there weren't any available reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table, but I kept checking every day to see if anybody decided to give theirs up. And low and behold a few days beforehand I found one. It was perfect since it was on her actual Birthday and everything. I was so happy to have such a fun meal in Cinderella's castle, and Aria absolutely loved meeting all the princesses.

Day Three: Set up the Nativity
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
I love our nativity and I can't remember a time when it wasn't part of my Christmas. So I love that Aria is now part of that tradition. Although having to tell her not to put the wise men in her mouth wasn't precisely how I pictured it, everything else was pretty close.

Day Four: Go Visit Santa
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
I'm leaving you in suspense on this one because I'll be sharing Aria's Santa picture on Thursday for the Visits with Santa link-up I'm co-hosting with a few other fabulous bloggers. (So come back Thursday the 10th to link-up your Santa pictures too! I'd love love love to see them.) But, I will tell you that she earned herself a cookie afterwards.

Day Five: Leave out your Shoes for St. Nicholas
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
I actually hadn't even heard of this tradition until last year, but it's so fun that I had to jump on board. Aria left her shoes out empty that night and woke up to treat filled ones in the morning!

Day Six: Write a Letter to Santa
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
This is Aria's first year 'writing' to Santa. I'm not even sure I ever did it as a kid. But she drew Santa a picture of a trampoline, a dog (don't hold your breath on that one), and a dollhouse.

Day Seven: Go See the Lightfest
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
Counting Down to Christmas: Days 1 to 7
Day 7...also known as Chris' birthday! Happy 32 =) I wasn't sure what we were going to do for this one because I was waiting for the weather to cooperate. It never did. But, my cousins called us up and invited us along to drive through the lightfest. They even put hay in the back of their truck and we all piled in for the ride.

Merry 17 Days Until Christmas!

13 comments:

  1. That advent calendar is amazing! I love it and want it. Ha ha! Great activities so far. I love Aria's dress when visiting Santa. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had so much fun! I love that advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that advent calendar! What sorts of items have you been putting in there? Love that Aria got to go to Cinderella's Royal Table on her birthday! We really enjoyed our experience there and had the best server! I had wished I had remembered his name so I could let Disney Parks know how awesome he was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Disney picture is glorious! I just heard about St Nick day, Im totally intrigued. You have two December babies in your house, how special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how magical and amazing Disney is at Christmas time. I look forward to living vicariously through your pictures and post soon! That’s one beautiful nativity and the picture of Aria with it is precious. I have been trying to refrain from posting our Santa pics too because of the link-up! Aria’s dress for her Santa visit is absolutely PERFECT! She’s a doll. Leave out your shoes for Saint Nick…I’ve never heard of that, but I love it. So fun! Looks like y’all are having a fun and festive month so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok seriously, I swear you guys have the most fun during the holidays! PLUS it's Aria's birthday. I feel like some people don't like it that their birthday is so close to a holiday but I think it just makes it EXTRA fun! Can't wait for her birthday trip recap because... MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear all about y'all's birthday trip!! So exciting that you were able to eat with the Princesses, in the castle, on her birthday!! And I'm sure her Santa picture is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Looking forward to your Disney recap, as always! So fun that you got to do Cinderella's royal table on her birthday! Only I love that you do the St Nick thing. I've always done it growing up, but apparently that is a very Milwaukee/Wisconsin thing because of it's German origins. I guess only a few other cities in the US do it, but it's one of my favorite traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure kicked December off with a bang! I love all of your activities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys leave no festive stone unturned! I love it! And what a festive way to spend a birthday! That's what I want next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Disney at Christmas is simply just the best ever. I totally cried seeing the castle. Love that Santa letter face. You guys are totally rocking this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go with the persistence about the dinner reservations. Totally paid off. We used to celebrate St. Nicholas day when we were little because my stepmom is German, but now it always sneaks past me before I realize it. Actually this whole month seems to be sneaking by a little too fast. And I think I asked Santa for a dog every year till I went away to college. Apparently he never got the letters ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and Happy Birthday to Chris! 32 is a good age :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.