Thursday, December 24, 2015

Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24

For days 1 to 7 click here, and for days 8 to 16 click here!

Tomorrow is Christmas! I'm so excited to not have to hide Santa's presents any longer, or stash stocking stuffers. But, I'm most excited for Aria's excitement tomorrow morning when she can finally tear open her gifts.

So, here is how we spent the last few days of our countdown.


Day Seventeen: Grow Santa Beards
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24
Last year we used shaving cream. Aria was not a fan. This year we decided to use whipped cream. Aria was a big fan, ha. We were supposed to do this as a family, but we ran out of time.

Day Eighteen: Drink Hot Cocoa
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24
This is Aria's very first legit hot cocoa too. It has marshmallows and whipped cream, plus shaved chocolate on top, a cookie, and a Mickey straw.

Day Nineteen: Drive Around to see Christmas Lights at Bed Time
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24
Aria got in her jammies and then we piled into the car to go find the best Christmas lights. The one pictured was our favorite. My picture doesn't do it justice, it was gorgeous. We drove around until Aria fell asleep - easiest bed time around. We actually had so much fun we did it another two evenings.

Day Twenty: Have a Donut Breakfast
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24
It was this or snowman pancakes. I opted for the easier of the two.

Day Twenty-One: "Snow" Fight
I picked a terrible day to put this in the advent. We ended up not having enough time. I've made a mental note to tuck this activity in the advent earlier in December next year.

Day Twenty-Two: Watch The Muppet's Christmas Carol
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24
My absolute favorite Christmas movie. It's not Christmas until this gets watched.

Day Twenty-Three: Make Cookies for Santa
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24
I went with soft loft house type sugar cookies this year with buttercream frosting. I've always hated regular sugar cookies. Fun to decorate, terrible to eat. These are downright delicious, and we still had fun decorating them. I hope Santa comes hungry this year I have approximately 50 of these left.

Day Twenty-Four: Buy a New Ornament
Sweet Turtle Soup - Counting Down to Christmas: 17 to 24
I have the best of intentions every Christmas that we go to Disney to pick out an ornament. And, every year one thing leads to another and I never remember. So, this year Target Cinderella will have to do.

Merry Christmas Eve!

8 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I love those donuts!!

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Disney ornaments are so very expensive so target was probably a better option!! I think that photo of the lights is amazing!! So much festive fun for sweet Aria!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take donuts over pancakes any day! Also, take it from me, kids are just as happy with the cheaper ornaments. Unless the Disney ornament is for mom, then go for it! We never got our act together to look at Christmas lights. One of my favorite traditions, but it'll probably be more fun next year when Declan doesn't act like the carseat is a torture device.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have that same kind of ornament, only Olaf :) We didn't manage to drive around looking at lights this year, so I hope to do that next time! Reese had hot chocolate for the first time this year too and loved it! The straw is a good idea. We have that same Mickey one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Target Cinderella is so cute!!! I love it. Also, those cookies look delicious.
    AND I love the idea of the whip cream beard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donuts are always the best choice. Whip cream for the win too. A much stickier and better tastasting option! I loved all your fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donuts are always the best choice. Whip cream for the win too. A much stickier and better tastasting option! I loved all your fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate shavings AND A MICKEY STRAW!!! Now that's the way to drink cocoa!! I'm so sad that we ran out of time and didn't get to go look at Christmas lights this year (or last year, rather). That Cinderella ornament is precious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.