Friday, December 4, 2015

Aria's Third Birthday Party

Aria's 3rd Birthday party was last weekend. I kept it super duper simple this year. No theme, easy food choices, no decorations, no invites in the mail, etcetc. I asked Aria a month or two ago if she wanted to have a big birthday party or take a trip to Disney. Can you guess her answer? That's right, Disney always wins!

I still wanted to have a celebration with friends and family though. So, I went with less of a party more of a breakfast play date. Aria's one request was a pink cake...even though she doesn't even like cake. So I made her a pink oreo cake with three layers of chocolate cake, pink cream cheese oreo frosting between the layers, chocolate fudge frosting, and pink white chocolate glaze on top. The rest was easy peasy - fruit, donut holes, and strawberry smoothies. The only snafu was that on the day of her party two of the three kids invited got sick, so they couldn't make it. That's okay though, she and baby Olly partied hard.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party
Sweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday PartySweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday PartySweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday PartySweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday PartySweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday PartySweet Turtle Soup - Aria's Third Birthday Party



15 comments:

  1. My goodness that cake sounds amazing. And I would pick Disney too. She chose correct. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A breakfast play date with delicious eats and good friends sounds like a fun way to celebrate! Loved her sweet lit'l party dress!! Too cute! As for her birthday wish of Disney -- she's a girl after my own heart! ;) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! Disney over parties always wins. That cake sounds amazing! Good call Aria, asking for a pink cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, happy birthday to Aria! She looked so thrilled with her doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy peasy is the way to go at this age. That's my new bday motto going forward. Looks like a great time. Can't wait to read all about the Disney trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She got an American Girl doll?! I've always wanted one...I still want one, actually. Ha! Looks like a really nice time & that cake looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have picked Disney too! Looks like a fun party even if her friends couldn't make it. Her cake is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cake sounds amazing!!! did she eat it? and how can she not like cake?! Looks like she loves her AG doll!! You'll have to keep me posted! We may get Callie's out early :) Looks like she had a good time!! and a breakfast party is a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Looks like she had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cake looks SO good! Happy Birthday sweet girl! 3 is such a fun age :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, seriously with that cake super mom?! It LOOKS and SOUNDS amazing!!! I bet everyone loved it! I'm seriously impressed you made that!
    And as for choosing Disney... I don't blame her! "Mason" chose his birthday at Disneyland too and we had a blast!!! Now if only Seth would think the same and let us get passes :) 3 is such a fun age! You're going to love it!
    Happy, happy birthday Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Aria. Adorable cake.. she looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well her birthday was awesome because she got an American Girl doll!!! I need a girl so I can hand down my Kirsten. I love shopping at that store for my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like the perfect little birthday celebration. And those last two pictures are the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of doing a breakfast birthday party- seems like it would be easier! I love that she picked Disney :) I so wish we had that option! I love that she got an American Girl doll too! I'm planning on getting Reese one of those either next year, or when she's 5.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.