Monday, December 14, 2015

A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up

Let's kick off the week with some Christmas cheer in the way of a Holiday Home Tour link-up. Beth, Sarah, and I are excited to share with you our Holiday Home Tours as well as check out all of your homes decked out for this Christmas season. So go ahead and share any or all of your home decor in a post, and link up with us between now and Christmas day. Big, small, simple, elaborate, homemade, handed down, worth an arm and a leg, etc we'd love to see it all.

Feel free to grab a button and link-up below!
Sweet Turtle Soup


Let me share with you how I've decorated the house for Christmas this year...starting with my very favorite method of showing off all the Christmas cards we receive. Last year was the first year I used ribbon to pin our cards on. I added a bit more ribbon this year because we ran out of room last year. I love getting Christmas cards so it makes me happy to see them hanging so prominently all month.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
Also on the entertainment center is my favorite craft from last year. The owl banner that Nina sent Aria for her Birthday. It was the very first thing that I put out this year. I adore it.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
Here is our Christmas tree. We went back to the multi colored lights this year because they just feel more festive to me than the white lights we tried out last year. I just put the stack of presents under the tree before I took these pictures, which was yesterday. When Aria spotted them she was so excited, and then bummed when I told her she couldn't open any until Christmas morning.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-UpSweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
The ceramic tree on the coffee table is something Aria's great-grandma made years ago. I've since switched it with the musical Santa workshop that you see behind the tree because it was taking up too much of our magnetic tile play space. That and Aria really wanted to be able to touch the music workshop more easily. (p.s. Aria got magnetic tiles, similar to magformers, for her birthday - they've already gotten hours of play. We love them)
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
I cleaned up our ever growing stacks of Christmas books for these pictures, but usually we have about 4 stacks all over the living room from Aria's Christmas book advent calendar. These are our very favorite though - Bear, Blue, Disney, the Postman, and Charlie!
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
On the other side of the living room are our stockings hung on the mirror and my advent tree, plus Aria's Christmas toys.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
The little tree we got just to bring with us on Aria's Birthday Disney trip is now in her room acting as a super festive nightlight.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
In the dining room the chandelier now has greenery and plaid bows.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
And, the doors to the backyard have the only holiday crafting I worked up the energy to do this year - two red burlap wreaths. Wreaths are probably my most favorite holiday decor for any holiday. So simple, yet so festive. The only issue was that I could not find red burlap anywhere and when I did they only had two rolls, so the wreaths aren't as full as I would like but maybe next year I can find some more to add to it.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
The only thing left is the outside of the house, which is all Chris. For a while we were the only house in the neighborhood with lights, but I'm happy to see a few other homes with holiday lights as well within the past couple of nights.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up
Just one more bit. The Christmas tree at night. I love how jolly it makes the living room look as the sun goes down.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Holiday Home Tour & Link-Up

So, that is a wrap folks. Go ahead and just add your link below. Don't forget if you've already posted your holiday home tour this year you can still add it here too. We don't mind, the more the merrier!


Happy Holidays!

18 comments:

  1. So festive! I think your burlap wreath is adorable! I love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wooden nativity scene by the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you decorated the lighting over the table. I have one similar and never thought to do that. Good idea for next year. Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath! And the lights outside are amazing! Our plan is to do some outdoor lights next year for sure. Love all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love the wreath! I've never seen one wrapped like that, will have to do one of those for some holiday...now which one to choose...Your outside lights look amazing! Mr. is studying for a test, so haven't gotten them up yet...but maybe this weekend, better late than never right?! OH and that Owl banner, cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and festive. And she made the ceramic tree? That's pretty awesome! My Grandmother has a ceramic tree that is similar and it lights up and it's my most favorite thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, the owls! So cute. That ceramic tree is beautiful. And good job on the wreath. The red burlap is so pretty. One Christmas craft is more than the crafting I've done this season. It feels like three days are passing each day, instead of just one. There's just not enough time! I also haven't put any presents under the tree because a certain someone thinks all presents are for him and will unwrap them the first chance he gets. Oh and the Postman book! That totally reminded me how much I loved that book when I was younger. Putting that on the list for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, there are so many amazing elements! I love all the bows and cards and wreaths! I love the tree and the stocking and the little advent calendar! Please come over to my house and decorate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the giant bow as your tree topper! And those wreaths you made are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that you've done a wonderful job. I plan to do this, I just have to get some pictures taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun place to put your stockings! I love all the green swags hanging everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You house looks SO GOOD!!!! I love it! I think my very favorite thing though if Aria's bee hive on her sweet little tree. SO cute! And that giant star on top! Love it!
    Our house is minimally decorated and very small but I think I'll have to take some pictures and link up with you guys later this week or next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So festive and fun! I love the stack of Christmas books, the lights and that nativity is so precious.

    Wahoo, 10 days.... then we can all be sad, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness so festive and colorful and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Along with planning activities year round, could you also please come decorate my house?
    I love your red wreath! I ADORE that nativity! And your tree is simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the decorations! I may have to steal some ideas (like the garland around the chandelier) for next year! Your post also reminds me I need to get out my Nativity scene. I may have to do a holiday home tour part two... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks so good! I never thought of using red burlap on a wreath, but I like it!

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.