Friday, November 20, 2015

Oh Hey, It's Five on Friday: Visits With Santa Link-Up Announcement, New Advent, and a Break!

Happy Friday! This month has gone by so quickly I keep forgetting that Thanksgiving is less than a week away. Today is Chris' Thanksgiving potluck at work though, so that was a friendly reminder that feasting is almost upon us. I opted for the random/non-traditional route and I'm sending in biscuits and gravy along with a chocolate peanut butter pie. Think they would notice if a slice was gone?

So, I haven't done a Five on Friday in approximately forever...literally since 2014. Today seemed like the day to get back on the Five horse.

ONE - Visits with Santa, A Photo Link-Up Announcement

It's that time of year when we go visit our favorite jolly fellow in the red suit and we take home festive memories in the form of one of those little candy canes (don't they all hand those out??) and a photo. Aria's first picture with Santa is one of my all time favorite pictures of her ever.

This one, right here.
Visits With Santa 2015
Adorable. If I do say so myself.

So, Jenny, Elizabeth, Sara, Stephanie, Laureen, and I decided to get together to host a link-up where we can all share those photos we get this year of our kids visiting with Santa. I just love seeing these pop up all Christmas long. A place to gather them all together is practically perfect in every way.

The link up opens on December 10th and will run through the end of the year. That way no matter when you visit Santa you will have a chance to share, and if you've already visited and posted about it go ahead and link that up as well. You can also use #visitswithsanta15 on Instagram and Twitter!
Sweet Turtle Soup

I can't wait to see all your Visits With Santa photos!

Two - Link-Up Reminders

If you signed up for the Secret Santa Mommy & Me Book Exchange...don't forget to please send your books to your partner by Monday, Nov. 23rd. It's just around the corner.

Sweet Turtle Soup

Don't forget that the next Teaching Together Blog Hop will be on Thursday, Dec. 3rd. Loving the great posts you all linked up with the previous two! I'll be sitting this one out but you can add your links on any of the other hosts' blogs.

Sweet Turtle Soup

And, if you didn't see yesterday's post Jamie, Elizabeth, Whitney, and I would love for you to share your favorite Christmas dessert recipes on December 3rd. Bonus points for pictures in your tacky sweaters!

Sweet Turtle Soup


Three - Books to Read with Christmas Spirit

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
My favorite time to curl up with a book is right now with the Christmas tree up. There is just something about it that makes reading a book more enjoyable. I'm working my way through The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer right now - and loving it by the way. But, I'd love any recommendations you have for books with a bit more Christmas to them. What should I read next?

Four - New Advent Calendar

Target Advent Calendar
I've had my eye out for an advent calendar for the past few Christmases. But, they were either much too pricey or not what I was looking for. Then I saw Ashley link to this Target one and I had to have it. It's similar to the DIY one I made last year except much sturdier and much smaller. I'm so excited to plan out our advent now, to go along with our book advent...because one advent just isn't enough.

Five - Blog Vacay!

And, lastly I'll be off the blog for the next few days for my annual end of November blog break. I always like to take a few days so that I can really enjoy Thanksgiving and prep for Aria's Birthday and Christmas. I also hope to squeeze in some extra reading time as well. Although that usually doesn't work out as planned with so much going on but perhaps this year it will.

So, I will see you after Thanksgiving...with another link-up announcement because four didn't seem like enough this year!



linking up with:
MomfessionalsTHE GOOD LIFE BLOG
grab button for Cup of Tea



25 comments:

  1. That picture of Aria with Santa...I can't even handle it. So stinkin' precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this advent calendar! I have been looking for a good one for my family. I may order this Target one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun link ups! I can't wait! And how cute that you got a sleeping picture with Santa!!! Have a fun blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Santa picture may be the cutest one I've ever seen! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so many linkups that I'm joining or hosting that I know have a running list and it keep growing. Not that I'm mad about it one but... i mean.. HELLO HOLIDAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok super fun avent calendar! I love it! The fun link ups just keep growing and growing! I don't have a tacky sweater but I've got some fav christmas recipes so I will try to join up for sure! So much for slow blogging! I still love love love that Aria photo too! So sweet! And yay for a blog vacay! Enjoy it and getting ready for someone's 3rd birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your break, looks like you need it with all the fun/activities/link-ups ahead..!! :)
    Uh, Aria sleeping with Santa.. TOO CUTE!! I'm looking for an advent calendar too, that tree/paper box one is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Gosh. Aria with Santa? Melt my heart! That is about as precious as they come. And, props to Santa for doing such a great job with that photo! I hope that's on a huge canvas and hung somewhere!

    All the link ups!! So many great things going on this time of year. I am beside myself with giddy over them all.

    Have the best blog break!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fun link ups!! I'm off to check out that advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of Aria with Santa is the cutest picture EVER! So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture with Santa is the cutest ever! How sweet. Avery's usually afraid of Santa but this year she understands how awesome he is so I am hoping we will get some successful photos this year. Also, I'm excited to get my tacky Christmas sweater on and do some Christmas baking! :) There's so many exciting link ups coming up. I can't wait!
    Enjoy your break!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo of baby Aria and Santa is the CUTEST! Love!!! I literally just randomly came across The Lunar Chronicles the other day on Amazon. The books looked interesting and I'm glad to hear you love them. I may need to give them a shot! Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your break!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You busy little elf ;) Im so excited for all the wonderful link ups happening! You totally deserve a break and I hope you fit in some good, quality reading time! No book suggestions focused around the holidays, but if you find one, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that photo with Santa is just too dear!! Enjoy your break!! And happy birthday to your sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh I've missed her sweet face!!! Santa pics are so fun! Also, you deserve a break momma, and a slice of pie! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo I've been wanting to check out the Lunar Chronicles!! I've seen that book for years...I have to eventually pick it up!!

    Have a great blog break & holiday! Melanie Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing that advent calendar! So cute and functional!! We will miss you during your blog break! Just as I'm figuring out how to keep up with blogging, you are taking a break! ;) You are all over the place with your link ups this year! Can't wait to see what other fun you'll be bringing after the break!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That little advent calendar is just adorable! So simple and sturdy. I'm loving this book advent calendar idea too. I didn't get my act together soon enough to do it at our house, BUT definitely next year! And that Santa pic with your sweet girl. ADORABLE!!!! Way to take advantage of a sweet sleeping girl. :) Hope you're having a great weekend, and enjoy your blogging break. Thanks for linking up with us at H54F!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That advent calendar is awesome! Can't wait to link up with our Santa picture. I'm sure it'll be hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That photo with Aria with Santa is AMAZING. I wish our first visit with Santa went that well. LOL. Not so much. I hate to admit it but I also kind of love the crying pictures. I've probably scarred Mason from last year though with terrorizing him four times, so I'm sure when we try to visit Santa this year, he'll go running for the hills!
    Hope you have the BEST Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Santa picture of Arianis amazing!!! Too too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness... That photo of Aria is amazing!!! SUCH a cutie with Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  23. One advent is never enough. Eeekkk I need to update my blog calendar. I almost forgot out the TTBH, haha ha! So much is going on I really need to write it down.

    I hope you have a lovely blog vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  24. There's so many crying baby/Santa pictures but I've never seen a sleeping baby with Santa. Sooo cute, and I love how real he looks. Damn girl! You neeed a break. Lots of linkups but I'm excited for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can’t wait for all of the fun and festive link-ups coming our way!! That picture of Santa and Aria is the cutest and the sweetest picture ever! What a good Santa to play along like that! I am looking for a good advent to do with Mason this year. I will have to check that one out. I like the colors and the size!! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.