Monday, November 2, 2015

Countdown to Halloween Link-up - Recap #5

It's time for the very last Countdown to Halloween link-up this year! How is that possible? I have no idea. Check out this post for all the details. And, don't forget this year's co-hosts: Amanda from Tickled Pink, Elizabeth from Chasin' Mason, Kelly from Happily Ever Mock, and Nina from The Joni Journey. So, before we dive into Thanksgiving and Christmas let's finish up with Halloween!

If you didn't get a chance to hop around to all the posts last week, here are a few of my favorites...

Now onto the final link-up...grab a button, add your post to the bottom, and have fun!
Sweet Turtle Soup

Here is what we've been up to!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We picked up a couple of those dollar crafts from Joann's for Aria. This one is a little wooden half of a witch. Aria loved painting it, but the entire thing ended up black. Oh well, she enjoyed herself.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Later in the day we made a batch of pumpkin snickerdoodles. I'm not sure I've ever had a regular snickerdoodle, but these were so good. I had way too many.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Aria found a big ghost balloon when she woke up this morning. He is a happy haunt.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
This is the other dollar craft kit we picked up. It is a sun-catcher. Not as easy for her because the paint is pretty thick and she had a hard time spreading it. 

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
I made a batch of Halloween slime. And, it was such a hit. Aria was a little weary to touch it at first but after she got over that she was loving it. She's played with it every day since. So much fun. It's hard to tell but there are googly eyeballs in there too.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Aria and I also glued together a q-tip skeleton.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
More slime playing!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Then Aria went on a pumpkin hunt on the back porch. Just like Easter eggs but with some plastic pumpkins I found at Target. They came with gum and such inside, but I took those out and put an mnm or two into a few. It was right up Aria's alley.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Aria painted a couple of paper plates to prep a craft for the next day.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
And, we made a batch of pumpkin spice marshmallow popcorn. I practically ate the entire batch...Aria thought it was too sticky to eat. I didn't have pumpkin spice marshmallows (I didn't even know it was a thing) so I just tossed in a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice with regular marshmallows.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We used the paper plates from yesterday to make a big spider. Probably Aria's second most favorite craft we did this month, right below the slime. I stapled the 8 legs between the two paper plates Aria painted, and added a little dab of glue to each leg to keep them from sliding out. Then Aria stuck on some googly eyes I found at Target.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
It was Great-Grandma's birthday. After our dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, Aria helped her open up presents!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
One of the only chilly mornings this entire month. Sadly. We enjoyed it while we could.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
I remembered to put Aria's mandarin oranges in the refrigerator to chill finally, so that I could give her the little orange cups with pumpkin faces! I actually didn't do it yesterday when she had a cup, and asked me to put one on. "Mommy, it needs a face!"

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
 More slime! She had a blast cutting it up into tiny tiny pieces.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
The trunk or treat we usually attended was cancelled this year, so instead we went to the one held by the church where we get our pumpkins. It was actually more fun than the other one and not so insanely crowded. Aria loved the bounce slide, I didn't think she'd ever leave. Bonus points that she got her first cotton candy ever. And, it was sponsored by chik-fil-a so they gave out coupons for a free kids meal.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We went to spooky story time at Barnes and Noble. Aria played with Astrid from How to Train your Dragon before the reading took place too. It was one of the cutest costumes I'd seen.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
I finally remembered to find a box for our operation shoebox donation, so Aria helped me pack it up. 

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We made our jug-o-lanterns as well. Aria did a great job helping this year. Last year she would only help me with one.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We also carved our pumpkin. Aria requested a face this year. So I made the face and daddy cut it out for us since the pumpkin was ridiculously thick.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
And then it was time for the big finale! Trick or treating in the neighborhood. Aria had a great time, and we made it probably three times as far as we made it any other year. 

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
The last shot of the night before heading inside and calling it the end of Halloween.

And, with that the Halloween countdown is over for another year. Now it is time to move on to Thanksgiving, Aria's birthday, and Christmas! I'm ready for red cups, carols, and Christmas lights.

[ Check back on recaps 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]

Now it is your turn! I'd love to read what you did this Halloween. All festive and fun fall/Halloween things big and small welcome, link-up below! Don't forget you can also join in on the fun on instagram with #cdtohalloween15 as well!



A big thank you to everybody who linked up this year! Let's do it again next year.

18 comments:

  1. All of your pumpkin treats look delish! I still LOVE that puppy costume! Thanks for including us in the link up! We had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your crafts and pumpkin treats!!! Looks like a wonderful Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun crafts! I really dropped the bomb on that this year. Last year Wyatt did a lot in school but they only did one this year. :/ So glad Aria had a great time trick-or-treating. Did she walk up to all the house by herself?? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had such fun. I love the crafts and your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun crafts! I love love the paper plate spider and the qtip skeleton! I also love the pumpkin hunt! Very festive! I just winged it a lot this year I need to plan better next year -- but I am ready to go for Christmas!!! Looks like the second painting she did much better than all black at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure I've said it 100 times, but you do the coolest stuff leading up to holidays! Do you have a planner where you write down all your activities? You should become an event and party coordinator. You'd rock that gig!
    I need to tuck away ALLLLLL of this for next year! The pumpkin hunt - such a great idea. I know Marcus would think that is just the coolest thing of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aria's costume looks adorable. Wow love all the themed projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at pumpkin spice popcorn. Oh my goodness. Now I must go find those marshmallows! The jug-o-lanterns are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin snickerdoodles!!! Ive pinned two different recipes already. How fast did Octobe fly by! My word. But no complaints November is my favorite month :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, you guys have the most fun. I am totally jealous & want to move down by you so I can join in on all the fun activities.

    PS - I LOVED Aria's costume, so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this makes me so kind of nostalgic that it's already over!!! Too soon! And here I missed out on the slime!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made jug-o-lanterns!!! I saw that on Facebook and so wanted to make them and even made Seth collect his water jugs from work and then we ran out of time. Stupid cruise. Took away a week of my fun time. What did you put in them to make them light up? Glow sticks?
    I seriously love the q-tip skeleton. I wanted to make that with Mason too but I didn't think he would have enough patience for it. Maybe next year.
    I also love her festive outfits and all her crafty-ness! AND all your baking! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like I tell you this all the time, but you are the best mom. You come up with the greatest crafts and activities for every single holiday. Aria is a lucky little lady. That slime looks like so much fun. We're gonna have to make that. I've loved following along with your October and can't wait to see what November brings!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That slime sounds pretty cool, how do you make it? And a pumpkin hunt - genius. I'll have to remember that for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the coolest most festive porch! I've never thought about carving one of the fairytale pumpkins, but that looks awesome!! So much Halloween goodness in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pumpkin is CRAZY! What kind of pumpkin was it?! Slime for the win. Maybe you can make some for Christmas too and I LOVE the Halloween pumpkin hunt. What a fun idea. Well I guess that's a wrap. I can't believe it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You all are just the cutest! I mean, the things you come up with and the way you celebrate the holidays is impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.