Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Day in the Life - Fall edition

Our day: Monday, November 9th, 2015 - Aria is 2 years and 11 months old.

6:30 am | Aria woke up and called out for me. I went in her room to tuck her back in bed and turn on her stars and sounds. Then I crawled back in bed.

6:53 am | I gave up on getting anymore sleep. I got up to feed the cat and noticed that the calendar was still on October so I flipped it to November. I went to the kitchen and cursed whoever drank the last of the water but didn't fill the brita back up again. I started to fill it up.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

7:00 am | I got back in bed with my laptop to read blogs.

7:10 am | My alarm went off. Aria actually fell back asleep this morning, usually she stays awake and chills in her bed until her clock turns green.

7:31 am | I note that Aria is still snoozing but her clock has turned green.

7:37 am | Aria is up. She slept in a whole 7 minutes. She comes into my room and flops on the bed with me for a few minutes.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

7:42 am | We hop out of bed to feed the dogs, and take off Aria's night time diaper and use the potty.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

7:50 am | Aria got dressed. I opted to stay in my pjs...I say that like it's unusual, ha.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

7:54 am | We let Baxter and Lizzy outside.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

8:06 am | I go back inside to finish filling up the brita filter. I also refill the ice cube trays, and grab myself a water and Aria a milk.

8:15 am | Aria 'borrows' some old McDonald's toys that are on a shelf. They are the Charlie Brown set from when I was a kid. They have little wheelbarrows and such, she plays with them for a bit. The dogs come inside as well because Florida has opted out of any sort of Autumnal weather. Aria gives them a treat.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

8:22 am | Aria asks to "make some noise" so I grab a chobani and we go to her room to play. Make some noise is code for play with her B. Toys drum set, dog guitar, and cat piano. I eat my yogurt and then make some noise with her while folding her hamper of clean laundry.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

8:56 am | We are done with laundry and making noise. Aria actually does a great job of putting away her toys.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

9:00 am | On the hunt for breakfast.

9:10 am | Decide on cereal and a pear. We usually don't eat breakfast at the same time because I wake up famished and Aria wakes up not famished.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

9:35 am | All done eating. Aria gets down to go to the bathroom. I clean up breakfast.

9:38 am | I need to vacuum today so I get it out and let Aria start while I finish breakfast clean up. When she has had her fill of helping she sits on the vacuum and I pull her around while I vacuum.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

9:51 am | Done vacuuming.

9:54 am | Aria asks to play in great-grandma's room, and then drags her off down the hall. I grab my planner to work on this week's agenda. I even manage to jot things down that are planned until the end of the year. I'm not usually so on top of things.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

10:26 am | Aria comes back out from great-grandma's room, so I turn the hose on for her. If it isn't going to get cool she might as well play in the water like it's summer.

10:38 am | I am hungry again so I make a smoothie - blueberry and strawberry.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

11:01 am | Aria is done with the water. She comes back inside to dry off and get dressed/run around naked in her room.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

11:10 am | We play her fishing game. She wins...by one fish. She also cheats. I let her hold the fishing line part rather than the fishing pole part, it gives her better aim. It's like toddler spearfishing!
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

11:18 am | I ask her if she wants to play with her Halloween slime. She does. So I give her the container along with one of those plastic things you roll pie dough out on and some silverware to play with.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

11:31 am | It's time to make lunch. Aria plays with her slime for a solid 20/25 minutes and then alternates between scooting around on her little bike, destroying her play kitchen, reading a magazine, and the slime.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

12:00 pm | Chris gets home for lunch.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

12:06 pm | Everybody is sitting down with a plate of scrambled eggs with sausage, onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

12:23 pm | Chris heads back to work.

12:27 pm | Aria is all done. She gets cleaned up and down. She runs to great-grandma's room to say hi. I let Lizzy outside and clean up.

12:40 pm | It starts to rain out of the blue so I let Lizzy inside. Aria comes running back out from great-grandma's room to ask for TV time. Paw Patrol is on so I let her watch that.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

12:53 pm | I make myself an iced coffee and then sort through some photos on my computer.

1:30 pm | Paw Patrol is over.

1:36 pm | Aria runs back to great-grandma's room. She finds the wrapping paper and decides to wrap up pillows. I go out to get the mail. PJ shorts from Old Navy arrive. I try them on, they are pink with elephants on them. They were under 2 bucks so I couldn't resist.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

2:10 pm | Aria's done wasting wrapping paper and comes back out. We play hide and seek (code for hiding behind the couch repeatedly), and toss around her beach ball. She tries to break the fan.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

2:33 pm | Lizzy wants back outside. Aria goes with her after asking for a pickle. She eats half and then says she hates it.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

2:40 pm | Aria asks for a bubble bath. Chris picked her up a new bottle of bubbles with Frozen on it, so it is her new favorite thing. It smells better than the Jake and the Neverland Pirates bottle did too.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

3:20 pm | Fresh and clean. She gets out and dressed.

3:32 pm | We were going to go to Target for Christmas lights and the library for new books but all Aria wants to do is go to the playground with daddy. I finally tell that's fine and we can run errands tomorrow, so she is impatiently waiting for Chris to get home from work.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

3:40 pm | Chris gets home. Aria pounces on him.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

3:46 pm | Aria drags Chris out the door. I stay home all by my self. Whatever will I do? Watch Pretty Little Liars that's what. I've been binge watching it whenever I have a second on netflix. Chocolate covered pretzels were also involved.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

5:03 pm | I contemplate making something for dinner but just don't feel like it.

5:28 pm | The playground duo is back. Aria is filthy, but apparently made a friend. I toss her back in the bath.

5:48 pm | Out of the bath, dried, and dressed again. PJs this time though.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

5:53 pm | Since it is fend for yourself night Aria picks oatmeal. Chris has leftovers. I'm not hungry.

6:13 pm | Dinner is on the table.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

6:45 pm | Dinner is done. Chris does the dishwasher and then trims chicken to freeze. Aria dances in the living room.

7:05 pm | Stories and bedtime. It goes fine until the story part is over. Aria is extra super pissy tonight. Dragging her feet getting ready and ending up screaming when she loses her songs by not listening.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Fall edition

7:45 pm | I tell her good night and leave the room. She is still screaming, but she tends to calm down better if one of us stays and one leaves. It was daddy's turn tonight.

7:56 pm | I can hear daddy calming her down a bit.

8:07 pm | She's asleep. I usually go back in for a less pissed off good night but she falls asleep before she calms down all the way tonight. That doesn't bode well for the middle of the night. Chris goes back to work. I shower and then finish up the episode of Pretty Little Liars I was in the middle of watching earlier.

9:00 pm | I work on Tuesday's post - a Disney trip post. There is no video to go along with this one so I get it done fairly quickly.

9:58 pm | The post is done and scheduled. So, I watch more Pretty Little Liars. No, I'm not obsessed or anything...

11:00ish pm | I let the dogs out one more time and give the cat his food for the night, before watching just one more PLL before I go to sleep. (I forgot to continue taking notes so these are time estimates)

11:45ish pm | Chris gets home from work.

12:00ish am | I close my eyes around midnight and pass out.

12:45 am | Aria wakes up screaming. She went to bed so worked up that it almost always carries over to the next time she wakes up. And, since she has only slept through the night once this month that usually means very unhappy middle of the night wake ups. I go into her room but nothing is making her happy. She's in one of those whatever is going on at this exact second I hate moods. Eventually she settles down and I go back to bed, but she is up again several times.

2:00 am | I make 3 or 4 trips until around 2 she completely melts down. She asks for her water. I give it to her. She throws it away really pissed off. I set it down next to her bed (where she can easily reach it) and she screams at the top of her lungs for about 20 (really very long) minutes about how I need to give her her water again. I tell her I won't give her anything when she is behaving that way, so I sit there and ignore her. She eventually calms herself down and it's like flipping a switch. She tells me she is sorry and asks politely for her water. I give it to her and then settle her back to bed. Unfortunately she is wide awake. I leave her to fall asleep a couple times but she calls for me after a few minutes each time.

3:30 am | Finally, finally, finally she falls asleep. I'm out cold before my head even hits my pillow. She even sleeps in a whole 10 minutes the next morning...I wake up feeling as refreshed as a zombie. Unfortunately most bedtimes/nights are a struggle lately, but thankfully not quite on this level of misery fun.

The end.

For the rest of my DiTL posts you can click here!


12 comments:

  1. I love your DiTL posts. You are quite the busy lady. I'm sorry that Aria has been having some issues at night lately. That's no fun & with that cute lil face, ugh. I hope that things turn around quickly for both of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat post. I love seeing what other moms are up to. I heard we're supposed to get a "cool" front this week/weekend. Our highs are predicted to be in the mid 80's, hopefully it'll cool down for you to! I'm in the same boat with Mason and his sleeping habits. Lately he'll wake up spitting mad screaming his head, even from his naps. Though part of it could be because he's getting in his second molars. Love your fur babies and that your great grandma lives with you. Makes me really miss mine. Anyways, love this post! Here's to getting more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! The sleep thing! All I'm hearing right now is that I will never sleep again. At least not for another four years or so... Lately Ez has been waking up around 4 am and going downstairs and crying. Yay for alone time though. And binge watching shows. That's the best way to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I was jealous of your serious sleeper, but that sounds rough. Hope she gets back in the groove for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I spy a Christmas tree ;) Aria totally sounds like Kinsey with the crying and carrying on, Im sorry yours occurred in the middle of the night, thats a suck. Im impressed with how many baths you give her, Im pooped after one lol. We also have a FFYS (fend for yourself) night, it varies throughout the week but its a saving grace for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the sleep. I feel you on the sleep. Marcus has always been terrible with sleeping, and this age (3) has been no exception. We also have the very awesome (*sarcasm*) tantrums about who the hell knows what. And, generally I just have to walk away and let him figure it out on his own. While everyone is all, "I love this age!" I'm over here going, "I'm pretty sure I'm over the threenager madness."


    Also, Aria has the best bed head of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's refreshing to hear that I am not the only one with a toddler who still wakes throughout the night. Liam has a bunny clock that we have set for a 7 am wake up time. I'm hopeful that we can inch it back again. For awhile we were at 7:30 and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you poor thing on the sleeping! Yikes. I don't wish that on anyone and hope it gets better soon!
    Other than that, you girls are busy bees and it sounds like you had a good day (at least during the waking hours)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. UGH! So i just type the longest comment ever and it got deleted! Ok short verison - try paw patrol bubbles -- they smell awesome! Yay for old toys - callie loves them too! Ok bedtime and night yuck -- but on the positive she didn't have any fits during the day so that's awesome! Yay for outside play in November!!! and what is with these littles and not waking up hungry? Callie is the same way! Ok that's all I can remember. As always love the DITL posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how detailed your posts are!!! Does Chris work a split shift like that every day? Or just this particular day?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. The day just sounded wonderful until the whole bed time routine. It's so very frustrating and hard. And everyone is different. She will get there. Eventually. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl, I am so sorry about the night time wakeups! I hope they get better for you soon. Sleep deprivation is no joke. I love the old Snoopy toys- I had some of those too! I remember specifically that Snoopy with the wheelbarrow. I wonder if my mom saved any of our old mcdonalds toys... I love that Aria helps clean up her toys too. We're still working on that around here and it hasn't been very successful. I also love that fishing game! I had one like that as a kid- where did you get it? Love your DITL posts as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.