Friday, October 16, 2015

Disney Trip #16, Day 2 - Magic Kingdom in the Autumn, Lapu Lapu, & Another Night at Fort Wilderness

We woke up bright and early for day two of our Disney getaway. It was still dark outside, and I was missing the convenience of a close bathroom and face towels. But we got up, ready, and were on our way to breakfast before the sun was awake. We hit Trails End for the breakfast buffet and then shipped off to Magic Kingdom. Like I said in my 'day 1' post, we took the first boat from Fort Wilderness and we couldn't even make it in time for the opening ceremony. Completely ridiculous. But, we made it. Eventually. Aria looks positively thrilled and totally into the fall decorations.
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom
I really wanted to see the Trolley Show for autumn. So instead of hustling down Main Street USA to take advantage of the short lines we strolled along it window shopping and picking up Starbucks. The Trolley Show was fall-tastic and I can now check off 'get a Magic Kingdom Starbucks coffee' from my bucket list.
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Starbucks
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Trolley Show
After we saw the Trolley Show twice we headed to Fantasyland. Aria led the way to Small World, the Carrousel, The Little Mermaid Ride, Pete's Silly Sideshow to meet The Great Goofini/The Astounding Donaldo/Madame Daisy Fortuna/Minnie Magnifique, and then a break to snack on a purple Mickey cake pop.
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, The Carrousel
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, The Great Goofini
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, The Astounding Donaldo
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Madame Daisy Fortuna
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Minnie Magnifique
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom
After the cake pop - that I finished off for Aria because she was all done, sacrifices - I talked Aria into going on Barnstormer, the kiddie coaster, with me. There wasn't really much talking into I suppose, I just asked if she'd go on it with me and she said sure. If you remember she kind of hated her first go at it about half a year ago - all captured on video for a good laugh. This time, also on video, she loved it! Her face fell when we went over that first drop but by the end she was woohoo-ing and asking to go again. It's my favorite part of the video at the end.

After that she was ready to cool off at the splash n soak station. Where she tried to make friends by screaming 'boo' at kids. It didn't work very well. Oddly enough it doesn't work very well with our dogs either. I guess she thought it would work better with humans.
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Splash N Soak Station
After a new and dry outfit we took a ride on the railroad and I apparently stopped taking pictures (I did take video). Then Aria and dad drove the speedway cars. We took a spin on the teacups, ate ice cream, and caught the Country Bear Jamboree. Aria conked out after that so we took the monorail over to the Polynesian where we had dinner reservations.

While Aria took a super long nap, Chris and I enjoyed a few adult beverages from Tambu Lounge. I had my first Lapu Lapu, which was delicious, and Chris had a Moscow mule. Aria woke up just in time for our dinner reservation at Kona Cafe. Chris had lamb and I tried three different appetizers. Aria shared with us. And, then we had to be rolled back to the monorail so that we could get back to Fort Wilderness.
Walt Disney World, The Polynesian Resort, Lapu Lapu
Once back at our campsite we did a quick outfit change and then walked to Chip and Dale's Campfire sing-a-long. We danced to half of one song and roasted two marshmallows before we were over it. We'd heard that this is such a fun event to do, but it was kind of a mob scene and a bit of a snooze.
Walt Disney World, Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, Chip and Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long
Walt Disney World, Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, Chip and Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long
So, instead we walked over to the pool. Just as we got there it started to sprinkle and everybody left. The pool was still open and what's a little rain when you are in the water already? We swam until the pool closed and when we finally flopped into our beds it was after 11.
Walt Disney World, Fort Wilderness Campgrounds pool
Thankfully it stopped raining so we could keep the tent flaps open, but a cool front moved in that night so it was rather cool anyways. Chris woke up freezing. Aria and I were just fine...apart from sleeping on an incredibly uncomfortable deflating air mattress that is.

I enjoyed the tent life much more on day two since we spent the bare minimum of our time actually in the tent! I think that might be the key to camping success for me. More Disney, less camping.

Here is the second day's video...


The third and final day recap is coming up. In the meantime, who wants to make a drink in a pineapple this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Fun is seriously the word for your trip! When I go to Disney with my kids I'm calling you as my travel agent. You've got it down to a science. And that cake pop looks huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just go, go, go all the time!!! And you've done almost EVERYTHING!!! NExt time I go to Disney, I'm reading your blog… from the beginning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating leftover desserts is just the worst. Darn! Swimming in the rain sounds fun. Funny that the pool cleared out when they were already wet. Crazy that she hated that roller coaster just a few short months ago. She's growing up so fast! More kid and less toddler every day. Does the monorail go out to the campground? That's pretty cool if it does. And yes, I would love a drink in a pineapple! But someone else has to make it for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Disney coffee taste magical? I feel like it should. I love that you can celebrate the different holidays there; the decorations are my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like another great day! I love the shot of Aria on the carousel. And swimming in the rain? Fun!! I always loved doing that as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had a moscow mule and they seem to be popping up everywhere this fall! I saw those copper mugs at Target today actually. The key to camping indeed. Im amazed you were still able to enjoy Disney after sleeping on the ground lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just when I think I can't learn anything new about Disney I read one of your posts and I'm all oh. Wow. There is so little I know of Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you know, just living vicariously through your Disney trip. And wishing I had Aria's dress!!! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I can't wait until we are able to make a disney trip. Anything that happens at Disney just seems more magical, drinking out of a pineapple, swimming in the rain, that adorable cake pop! Totally jealous over here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Camping and Disney, you guys are seriously hard core! Can't wait to see what you did at day three~! So was it expensive to camp there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are fantastic! Looks like a blast! And I think I'd like to try that pineapple drink yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness :). So much fun and I am pretty much convinced Aria is pretty much the luckiest little girl EVER!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.