Monday, October 19, 2015

Countdown to Halloween Link-up - Recap #3

Welcome back to another Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun link-up party! Check out this post for all the details. And, don't forget this year's co-hosts: Amanda from Tickled Pink, Elizabeth from Chasin' Mason, Kelly from Happily Ever Mock, and Nina from The Joni Journey. Mondays are my favorite day of the week this month because I love reading what everybody is linking up. If only the start of a new week didn't seem to pop up so suddenly and almost always require the vacuuming I put off all weekend.

If you didn't get a chance to hop around to all the posts last week, here are a few of my favorites...

Now onto this week's link-up...grab a button, add your post to the bottom, and have fun!
Sweet Turtle Soup

Here is what we've been up to!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We've been eating leftovers all week and we still have some to go. It is hard to beat a lunch plate that is full of Thanksgiving foods.

Halloween crafts, pumpkin, painters tape pumpkin faceHalloween crafts, pumpkin, painters tape pumpkin face
Halloween crafts, pumpkin, painters tape pumpkin face
Aria has painted a painters tape pumpkin face every Halloween. We couldn't possibly stop now!

Here are the ones from the past two years...
2014
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
2013
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun

Halloween crafts
We also worked on some Halloween ornaments that I picked up at Target. Aria enjoyed making them so much we made all three of the varieties.

Halloween crafts, cotton ball ghosts
Halloween crafts, cotton ball ghosts
We made another super simple Halloween craft today. Cotton ball ghosts. Aria insisted that we make three - dad, mom, baby. I added some strings and hung them up by the back door.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We also finally got around to watching our first Hocus Pocus of the season. I wanted to wait until Aria and I could watch it together, instead of using TV time for mom do all the chores time. Aria really liked cat Binx and Billy.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
I picked up this treehouse craft from Michaels thinking that it would be one of those mom-helps-a-lot crafts. I didn't realize it 1) didn't rely heavily on stickers like the other foam crafts I've gotten before and 2) didn't come with helpful directions. Gluing without pushing the entire thing over was a bit beyond Aria's capabilities so it went from mom helps to mom mostly just does. She did put on all the stickers though and she thinks the swinging skeleton is the bee's knees.

chicken corn chowder, fall soups
Then we had the best thing I've made all month for dinner - this chicken chowder. I added bacon and corn to it too. It was so good that there was a race to see who could finish off the leftovers first. I lost, sadly. I should make more...and not tell anybody.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
I got to work on Aria's costume. It was like a glitter bomb went off. We will no doubt be finding glitter in all of the places for months to come. It turned out so adorably though that it was worth it - p.s. the reveal is at the bottom!

ghost pizza
ghost pizza
I made ghost pizza for dinner too. It probably had glitter in it. The ghosts may melt into un-ghost-like blobs by the end, but I love it anyway.
p.s. the ghosts are slices of mozzarella cut into ghosts with a mini cookie cutter.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
pumpkin waffles
Aria has been sleeping so terribly that I told her before she went to bed that if she slept all night long we'd make waffles in the morning. I wasn't holding my breath, but she slept like a champ. So, we made these pumpkin waffles. Well rested and yummy waffles. It was a pretty good morning! She hasn't slept through the night since...

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We started a craft that we never had time to finish but we will get to it sometime this week I'm sure.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun
For dinner we had another yearly tradition...worm dogs! Aria actually liked hers this year, she isn't much of a hot dog eater. To make them you slice a hot dog into four pieces lengthwise, boil according to the package, drain, and toss in some ketchup.

Partin Ranch Corn Maze, Things to do in Brevard
We found a corn maze to go to this year! It was one of the best 'fall fest' type events we've been to, and cheaper than other similar events I looked into as well. We spent the whole morning there and didn't even do everything. I think I read that this was only their second year, but I hope they go for a third. I have so many pictures that I'm going to save them for their own post - I figured this one is picture heavy enough already. Make sure to check that out later this week.

And now for the final bit of today's recap, I've got our Halloween costumes to share. But, first a quick peek back at the last two years.

2013
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Fun

2014
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - RSweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween Link-up - 31 Days of Fall Funecap #3
and
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This Year!
Brevard Zoo, Boo at the Zoo, Halloween, DIY Scarecrow costume, hot dog costume, DIY Dalmation costume
Aria had her heart set on being a puppy this year. And, I just could not find anything that wasn't a full body (completely hot) costume. I didn't want her to be miserable walking around all covered up like that, so I made her one myself. Thank goodness it was super simple. I whipped up a glittery tutu, fabric painted a leotard, purchased some ears, and bam...a dalmatian costume. 

We wore our costumes to Boo at the Zoo yesterday, but I just wanted to share one snapshot here. I'll save the rest of the many pictures for a separate post coming later this week!

And, that concludes our third recap. Just two left to go.

[ Check back on recaps 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]

Now it is your turn! I'd love to read what you've been doing this week. All festive and fun fall/Halloween things big and small welcome, link-up below! Don't forget you can also join in on the fun on instagram with #cdtohalloween15 as well!


And, just a reminder that the next link up is on October 26th!

23 comments:

  1. Love the painted pumpkin! So cute! Looks like you had a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my holiday spirit animal! If that's even a thing. And can I just say that Aria is the best eater?! Connor is not, no matter how hard I try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love her costume! and yours too! So fun! Ok I love most all of this so favorites. The tape on the pumpkin to paint... gotta do that. We've painted small pumpkins but not the big one. The cotton ball ghosts are adorable. Love the idea of the ghost cheese pizza too! I see your house craft was as challanging as ours... but its super cute! We didn't have any glue thankfully but too many pieces and not enough foam stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SOOO need to try the duct tape pumpkin painting! That's a great idea!!! I LOVE the Ghost pizza! I might try that this week! ALso OMG you are killing me with that Puppy costume! Hal would TOTALLY love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby Aria painting the pumpkin - DYING!!
    We also love to paint the pumpkin, and totally got the idea from you. We picked out pumpkins this weekend and I can't wait to see what painting beauty comes of it.
    LOVE Aria's doggy costume! We have also struggled every.single. Halloween to find/make a costume that doesn't leave Marcus melting. But, oh my gosh, you nailed that Dalmatian!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I like how you added painters tape to the pumpkin, makes it way cooler than just paint everywhere with no face. And that puppy outfit is adorable! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The painters tape painting, genius! Love everything that you do with Aria, such a good,creative, fun mommy! Cute costumes friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worm dogs... look gross, but I love a good hot dog. I should try those with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her costume! All three of you look amazing. Finding a costume for warm weather is so hard. Then factor in that Ez won't wear hats or masks and that leaves... tinker bell ;) Love all the flashback baby Aria pics. And her pumpkin this year is huge! Now I want a giant pumpkin too. Yay for finding a corn maze (kinda) nearby. That's always my favorite every year too. Excited to see the boo at the zoo pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just amazed at all the holiday festiveness you manage to do!! Love the ghost cheese pizza and the painters tape pumpkins! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im dying over Chris's costume, Brian suggested we go as a bun and hotdog (which I vetoed) so this is too funny!!! Youre so good at documenting, seeing the pictures of Aria painting her pumpkin through the years is amazing, great job mama! Also, great idea of having her do it in her highchair, will be doing that with Brielana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the family costume pic!!! Where do you get the energy to do all this fun stuff #supermama

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness so much wonderful stuff here! I love her costume and the painted pumpkins! You know I'm a huge fan of yearly traditions like that! The worm dogs frighten me even though I love hot dogs. This is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love when you include the throwback pics of Aria - so, so cute! LOVE your costumes! Aria is the cutest little puppy dog! We're doing Boo at the Zoo this weekend - can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a good soup!! and I think that pumpkin waffles need to be on the menu this coming weekend! Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas, I am so jealous of how on top of it you are this season...I still have yet to put out any holiday decor.................................

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, seriously, Aria's little top knot bun is the absolute cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her costume looks great!! I must say that I'm kinda partial to your husband's hot dog costume though. That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Her costume is sooo cute!!!! And worm dogs?! So excited to try these, Nicklas will LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh!! Love the costumes! You guys look awesome! So much amazingness in this post. Those pumpkins, that soup, the pizza, the turkey leg! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness you guys are so freaking CUTE!!!!

    The costumes are simply just the best. I love that you had a blast at a corn maze and those pumpkins pictures are so fun to look back on. Plus I kinda want to go to Michaels now for obvious reasons. How cute is that!

    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That puppy costume is just so adorable!! I'm still trying to figure out Wyatt and Stella's costumes...any ideas?? Ha! We need to get some Halloween crafts going! You make it look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun festive week you all had. Who can beat Thanksgiving dinner leftovers? I love the cotton ball ghosts. I am going to be scouring your blog. I was asked to be room mom for Mason's class and I have to organize the Halloween party. I have to think of a game or craft for them to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, so many awesome things in this post. :) Aria taking a big ol' bite of that turkey leg is hilarious! LOL. Thinking I might let Aden paint a pumpkin like you did Aria. Good toddler idea. All the baby pics of Aria, by the way - swoon! What a doll she is. :) And I love your Halloween costumes for this year, too. The Dalmatian puppy is so, so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.