Monday, October 12, 2015

Countdown to Halloween Link-up - Recap #2

Hey, guys. Welcome back to another Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun link-up party! Check out this post for all the details. And, don't forget this year's co-hosts: Amanda from Tickled Pink, Elizabeth from Chasin' Mason, Kelly from Happily Ever Mock, and Nina from The Joni Journey. It is also Canadian Thanksgiving today, and we celebrated yesterday - our 6th year! So, happy Thanksgiving, Canada - thanks for letting us borrow your holiday so we can have twice the turkey each year. Party pictures to come.

I loved seeing all your posts last week. Thank you so much for joining us for the first link-up, I hope you'll be back again today.

If you didn't get a chance to hop around to all the posts last week, here are a few of my favorites...

Now onto this week's link-up...grab a button, add your post to the bottom, and have fun!

Sweet Turtle Soup


Here is what we've been up to!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Aria has still been getting little treasures in her pumpkin here and there (when mom has her act together). Today she got a pumpkin shirt to go with a pumpkin cup!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Last year I tried to find some fall smoothies as an alternative to the 400 fall breakfast treats I like to make this time of year. I failed miserably - they were so bad. So, this year I bookmarked several new ones to try. My hopes were not high. But, this spiced apple pie smoothie was good. Aria drank every drop of hers. 

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
For our activity today we taped up some finger paint bags. Aria played with them a little bit but she enjoyed them much more last year. Too big for such things already??

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Aria's pumpkin had a new book and this 'boo' shirt.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Then we made some pumpkin cream cheese muffins for breakfast - a must every year.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We worked on lacing with these cute lacing characters from the Target dollar spot. Aria really liked this one.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
For dinner I made some creamy chicken and rice soup, which was more like a casserole in terms of thickness but also really good. It was gone by the following day.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Today's pumpkin had this kitty cat shirt in it.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Leftover pumpkin cream cheese muffins for breakfast, but also this pumpkin spice chai tea latte. If you like chai you should pick this up, so good.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Today's activity was a painters tape spider web game.  First, I taped up a web with the sticky sides facing us so Aria could toss 'bugs' (tissues) at it. Unfortunately she was too short, so we improvised with her sitting on my shoulders and tossing the 'bugs'. After that I taped a web to the floor and made some quick bugs from pipe cleaners. Aria was the spider and had to go get the bugs from her web. I gave her a different rule each time - slither, walk on tip toes, hop, etc. She loved that game and we played it until I was at a loss for new rules.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We also made my personal favorite pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
The Halloween tutu made an appearance again today.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
For breakfast we made pumpkin spice chocolate chip pancakes, which are delicious in every way!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We made another lacing craft, again from Target (in the Halloween section this time). I helped guide Aria to lace the holes in order, and then she stuck on the face.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We also met up with Aria's buddy Rory and her mama to check out the pumpkin patch. I needed some pumpkins for the windowsill!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Another new smoothie. This time a pumpkin cheesecake smoothie. Aria didn't like it, but I liked it even more than the apple pie one. Very subtle flavor.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
And, our activity was a shaving cream pumpkin pie! I wasn't quite expecting Aria to shake out the entire contents of the cinnamon container, but that was certainly her favorite part. 'It needs more mommy'. Good thing it was one from the dollar store. The basic idea is to squirt some shaving cream into a bowl and add in a few squirts of orange food color. Then Aria could add her cinnamon and mix it all up, then spoon it into her foil pie plate. But, if you dump an entire cup or so of cinnamon into shaving cream it pretty much dries it all up. She still had a good time. And afterwards we played in the hose to rinse off all the cinnamon!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We spent the entire day prepping for our Canadian Thanksgiving party! The only festive thing we managed to do was wear a ghost shirt.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
The big day - our 6th Annual Canadian Thanksgiving party! We cooked all day, tried out a few new dishes, invited our friends over, and ate until we couldn't anymore. No, we aren't Canadian but we are fans of big turkey dinners! I'll be sharing more pictures soon.

I'm pretty excited about all the leftovers I have now, and maybe even a little more excited that I don't have to cook for a few days. My feet are ready for a break!

[ Check back on recaps 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]

Now it is your turn! I'd love to read what you've been doing this week. All festive and fun fall/Halloween things big and small welcome, link-up below! Don't forget you can also join in on the fun on instagram with #cdtohalloween15 as well!


And, just a reminder that the next link up is on October 19th!

22 comments:

  1. You girls have been busy! I haven't even gotten all of our Halloween decorations up yet! Can they make all of her outfits in adult sizes, please!?! Canadian Thanksgiving sounds like so much fun and looks SO delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a creative Mommy! Looks like you are having tons of fun! Love the stripped BOO shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things....I love how festive you are and how you do something every single day....I love the idea of Aria getting items in her Halloween bucket...And I also love how Aria is open to trying all of the festive foods {Mason is not an adventurous eater}...and Target Dollar Spot has been great this year! Adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aria is the cutest! Love all her Halloween shirts and outfits. And I LOVE how your house is decorated... I may move in with you guys next Halloween! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aria's festive outfits are adorable!!! Makes me want to step up my girls Halloween clothes game ;) That pumpkin cheesecake smoothie sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cute outfits! I think Ez has a total of two Halloween shirts, and he hasn't worn either yet. Declan has one. That spider web game is so creative. I love that Aria is actually eating the pipe cleaners. Yum! And yay for leftovers. Always nice to get a break from weekday cooking. Definitely coming back to this post to try out those smoothie recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been so busy! That shaving cream pumpkin pie looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the "Boo" shirt! Where's it from? I got some of those Halloween lacing characters from Target as well - we got monsters! :) That creamy chicken and rice soup looks delicious. I'm a huge soup fan. I could eat it every day! I also love chai and I need that pumpkin spice chai tea latte! You always do such fun, crafty things with Aria. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the shoutout! I love Aria's shirt from the pumpkin patch--so cute! I've got that chicken and rice soup saved; it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your countdown stuff, you are always so creative! That spider web idea, great one, going to do it sometime this month! And where are you finding all of those halloween related shirts?! Apparently i shop at the wrong stores! haha, I can only find long sleeve ones, which really doesn't work with our weather in October, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That plaid skirt!
    We scooped up those lace cards recently too! I'm busting them out this week! Lily loves lace cards! Seems like Aria is pretty good at them too!
    Ohhhh that spider web painter's tape thing...I had that bookmarked last year but never got around to it! Your web turned out fantastic! I think that's why I scratched that idea...i was so confused at the web making! ha!
    Bravo!!
    We totally need to make those pumpkin choco-chip cookies! Yumo!
    You made rockstar status again, but you totally knew that! ;)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so blow away by all the fun stuff you do! I was serious when I asked if you could be my activity/event coordinator. I love that spider web! Such a fun and easy idea. Marcus would love throwing objects into something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I be your kid also? Y'all do some seriously fun stuff! What amazing fun pictures for y'all to look back at.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You never cease to amaze me! The clothes. The activities. All so festive and creative!!! What a lucky little girl Aria is!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you draw on that sippy cup from day 5? Or did it come like that? That's like the perfect little cup. I'd love to find one of those for Mason!
    Ok, seriously where do you get all her cute Halloween clothes?!?! I saw some at Target but they are all long sleeves and it's been hotter than hell here so that wouldn't work. So poor Mason has nothing. I should have really planned better for our cruise though... maybe I'll stop by Target and get a shirt.
    Also, that painter's tape spider web is AMAZING. That's genius!!!! How fun. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness! You do so many fun activities! I love everything. I will have to try to check out our Target, I love those lacing cards. Also, the shaving cream activity looks like lots of fun, I may have to try that out. I've been trying to find some fun special activities to do with Annabelle while Autumn is sleeping. Also, Annabelle saw the picture of Aria in her cat shirt and was super excited. Annabelle has a major obsession with all things cats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks so cute in all her Halloween outfits! It looks like you are keeping busy with all these Halloween activities!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of her Halloween shirts! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I laughed so hard about the smoothie because I remembered the horrible one from last year, baha ha! That Chai tea looks so good. I may have to try and find some around here. Love the painters tape web too. So many fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are always giving me ideas of things to do with Connor to celebrate the seasons/holidays! I can't thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHHH I missed these posts so much! I can't decide if I love her cat shirt or the halloween tutu more! Those pumpkin muffins you made sound amazing. Love the lacing crafts!! SO fun! Also that tape spider web is super cool! Might just have to find a way to do that here too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.