Monday, October 5, 2015

Countdown to Halloween Link-up - Recap #1

Today is the day! Time for the first Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun link-up party. Check out this post for all the details. And, don't forget this year's co-hosts: Amanda from Tickled Pink, Elizabeth from Chasin' Mason, Kelly from Happily Ever Mock, and Nina from The Joni Journey. I'm excited to see how everybody has been kicking off October and the Autumn season. So, grab a button, add your post to the link-up, and have fun!

Sweet Turtle Soup


Here is how we kicked off October - hint: it rhymes with tiznee!

Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
I hinted a couple of times that we were planning something extra fun to kick off October with a bang. And, I've been impatiently waiting to share what it was with you all. We decided (pretty last minute) to take a little Disney camping trip!

The last time I camped was eons ago when I was a girl scout. I also happen to be the least outdoorsy person almost ever. However, any chance to spend a few days at the most magical place on earth I'll take.

Am I dying to sleep in a tent again? Definitely not, ha. But, for the most part we all had fun. The Fort Wilderness campgrounds were lovely and perfectly themed. The bathrooms were well maintained. The pool was great, and the horses were such a fun bonus. There were also way too many bug bites, an air mattress that wouldn't stay inflated, we were as far away from the bathroom at our section as possible (which wouldn't have been so bad except that we have a newly potty trained toddler that likes to cluster pee at times), and sleepless nights because nature is noisy (we even had a nighttime visitor the first night).

I'll be doing a full recap soon.

Walt Disney World, Epcot's Food & Wine Festival, Farm Fresh, Hard Cider Flight
One of the main reasons for our Disney getaway was so that we could visit Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. It is one of the yummiest things you can do in the Autumn in central Florida.

Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
I made sure to bring Aria's pumpkin bucket with a few surprises as well. There was a 'boo-tiful' shirt, Halloween pjs, and a book of not-so-spooky Disney stories on day one.

Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Autumn Decorations
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Autumn Decorations
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Autumn Decorations
Our next day was all about enjoying the Autumn decorations at Disney's Magic Kingdom. We slowly walked down Main Street, caught the Trolley show twice, snacked on a Halloween cake pop, and posed with lots of pumpkins.

Aria also found a new bat dress in her pumpkin when we woke up (in the dark) that morning.

Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
Aria's pumpkin got upgraded to a Disney pumpkin (that lights up) and on our last morning at Fort Wilderness she found a ghost shirt inside.

Walt Disney World, Epcot's Food & Wine Festival, Belgium, Chilled Coffee with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
We stopped by Epcot's Food & Wine Festival for lunch before heading home. And, since it was a Saturday it was complete chaos. But, this iced coffee with Godiva chocolate liqueur really hit the spot.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Back at home (and in real beds!) now. Aria found this 'boo' tutu dress in her Disney pumpkin in the morning. There was also a cool front and the weather was delightful all day.

Krispy Kreme Halloween donuts
Chris went out and picked us up some Halloween donuts! A treat for the 6 loads of laundry I had to look forward to after our trip. Aria's favorite was the monster one.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
We took advantage of the pleasant weather by putting up some decorations on the front porch. Aria preferred ringing the door bell and climbing up the ladder.

p.s. here is a picture from last year's porch decorating. Not much has changed about her preferences!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun

Sweet Turtle Soup: Countdown to Halloween - 31 Days of Fall Fun
Aria's first glow stick bath of the month - always a favorite.

Chili
And, to end the day I made a pot of chili. We couldn't let that nice weather pass by without an appropriate dinner!

Phew, it has been a busy first few days of October. I'm excited to dive into the rest of the month now and I have a whole slew of fun planned - just no more air mattresses for a while!

[ Check back on recaps 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]

So, tell me what have you been up to so far this month? All festive and fun fall/Halloween things big and small welcome, link-up below! Don't forget you can also join in on the fun on instagram with #cdtohalloween15 as well!




And, don't forget the next link-up is on October 12th!

26 comments:

  1. All of Aria's outfits are adorable! It looks like you 3 had so much fun. That spiked iced coffee is making my mouth water...is it too early to have one? haha I have lived in FL my entire life and have never once been to Disney nor did I know that they decorate for Fall. Though it does seem obvious to me now that they would haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love her surprises in her pumpkin! The Disney Pumpkin is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much for camping, but camping at Disney? I'm pretty sure I'd make an exception! :)
    I'm always so envious of all the stuff WDW has that DL just doesn't - ie. food and drink festivals. That cider flight? That godiva/liquor drink? GAH! DL needs to step up their game. Since we're chatting Disney... We are headed there tonight for Mickey's Halloween!!! The weather is actually going to be as fall-like as possible in L.A., and I cannot wait. But (there's always a but), wish us luck, as this weekend Marcus caught and dealt with a really fun stomach bug. I've got my fingers crossed that's all out of his system (literally and figuratively), as I'm not so sure Halloween at Disney is as much fun if you're camped out by the bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jelly lol. Have fun! Ill be living through your pictures :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness I just love it. I think the only thing that could make a real camper out of me would be Disney. What a fun thing to do and Aria is at the perfect age to make it happen. Those ciders, nom. You had me ready for a drink at 8:30 :). Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the Halloween decorations you put outside. I hope when Jack gets older he will want to help mama decorate the outside for Halloween. Right now I'm lucky to get some mums outside and a wreath. Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear more about this camping thing. Sounds like a total blast ;) hey how'd yall get Halloween themed donuts? Did you decorate them yourself or did the atore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect way to kick off October! Can't wait to hear all about the camping. Not gonna lie though, the things that stuck out the most to me were the donuts and drinks ;) Where can I get myself a monster donut?? Also excited to see all the cute Halloween outfits Aria has been getting from the Halloween fairy. I'll just live vicariously through you since boy holiday outfits are blah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds like a great time.. minus the camping.
    her little chevron skirt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. Disney and a food and wine festival? That's right up my alley. Looks like a ton of fun. Also love your Halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Camping!! Fun!! That sounds like some great celebrating of October to me! Loving all of Aria's sweet Halloween outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That trip looks so much fun! Those ciders also look super yummy. Fall is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love Disney in the fall! All the pumpkins and everything. I also love how on top of it you are to have stuff in her pumpkin everyday!! Major props. We totally forgot to et Ellie that pumpkin last week while we were in DL so I guess we'll have to order it online....

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!!! The last time I was in Disney was the first week of October (5 years ago) and I LOVED all the decorations! I'm hoping they'll still have them up when we head down in a few weeks.

    You sound just like me. My idea of camping is pitching a tent in the living room. If I had a tent. Camping in Disney would be do-able though, I think. Sounds like you guys had a fun time! And I love that you put surprises in Aria's pumpkin - such a cute idea!

    The pictures of Aria helping with the porch decorations are adorable! And that chili looks AMAZING!!! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness you just take this to a whole new level and I love you for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Camping at Disney?! I've never heard of such a thing -- can't wait to hear more about it. You're always so festive around Halloween / fall season. Can't wait to see what fun things you've got up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the greatest! My friend told me she went camping at Disneyland when she was little and I couldnt even fathom it (those camp grounds have long been paved over for parking lol) Im not a camper but I would try this! Heard of "glamping"? Is this considered "Damping"?! Haha I love the gifts in the pumpkin and festive donuts! And I have to try a glow stick bath for the girls, so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm cracking up over "cluster pee". You hear "cluster feed" all the time, but cluster pee is TOTALLY accurate for those first few months of potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So are you doing the Pumpkin surprises everyday till Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hard cider flight? Yes please. Also camping at Disney?? I literally DID NOT know you could do that! That's so awesome!!!! Camping and outdoorsy-ness without the full outdoorsy-ness. Right up my alley!
    Umm and those donuts??? Yes. We need to get some of those. Krispy Kreme??

    ReplyDelete
  20. A Disney camping trip?! My heart just went pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every time I read your blog I wish I lived in California! The weather looks so gorgeous and I'm loving Aria's Halloween outfits! Love the comparison photo too, those are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like such an amazing start to your October already! Awhoo hoo! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay…I didn’t even know that you could camp at Disney! How awesome is that?! Who was the nighttime visitor? That Mickey pumpkin is the best! Love that. I love all of Aria’s festive clothes. Too cute!! That iced coffee looks and sounds amazing. I’m going to have to check our local donut stores to see if they have Halloween themed ones. So fun! The picture of Aria on the ladder is one of my favorites!! She’s such a doll.

    We want to take Mason tent camping sometime this Fall. When we’re not sweating our booties off. He’s only ever camped in Nate’s parents camper and it’s been ages since we have tent camped.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these! Disney at Halloween is totally awesome too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just absolutely adore your sweet family, Courtney!! All the festive fun you enjoy together, and of course, your love of Disney, makes my heart so happy! LOVED this post and look forward to reading more about your trip in future posts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.