Friday, September 11, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Family Canoe Trip

Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Family Canoe Trip
Contrary to all the autumn decorations I already have up, it is still summer. And, we are still chipping away at our Summer Bucket List. I didn't realize that the "dinner on the beach" item was going to be the tricky one to check off though. Thanks a ton rain. But, that is the final item on our list with one week left. Hopefully it will stop raining long enough for us to make it happen.

This week's item was the much anticipated (by Chris) "family canoe trip". This one was definitely his item. He picked our boating location and made sure the logistics were taken care of - like putting a canoe on top of the car. I made sure to bring water, a snack, and Aria's potty seat (which she used like a pro while I tried not to fall out of the canoe).

It turned out to be more pleasant than I was anticipating. I'm not an overly outdoorsy person and even less fond of self propelled boating. But, in the end it was a nice morning spent together. We didn't see any gators either. Just turtles and fish. And, Aria was a paddling pro...except when she decided the other end of the paddle (aka the handle) was the right end to put in the water. She had herself a grand time though and that's what counts.
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating
Brevard County Water Recreation, Turkey Creek, Florida boating

For the rest of our Summer Bucket List click here!

10 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! And your location is freaking gorgeous!!
    Aria's little paddle is the cutest!
    No gators? Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures! Lovely! I have never been canoeing and may feel the same way as you about self-propelled boats ;) You get a BIG gold star for bringing and using the potty seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol at the self propelled boating! I'm a fan, so long as Joe does most of the work ;) My job is making sure myself and Ez (and now Declan too) stay inside the boat. Easier said than done. Gorgeous photos! And yay for no gators! Unless you were hoping to see one? Giant reptiles aren't my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go guys!!! I am so impressed that you guys all went canoeing! AND you helped Aria go potty in the canoe? You deserve an award for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. So brave. For bringing your big girl camera on the boat. For going on a boat whilst potty training. For going anywhere near gators. For going outside in general I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a great time. Aria looks adorable in that life vest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Looks like you guys had a great time canoeing! ~ Meredith ~ barbeedreamhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like fun! Although I have to say I'm not sure I would attempt the same with a 2 year old :) Good thinking on the potty seat part- glad that's going well too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed!! She looks like she's loving it! We have a canoe and Wyatt always sits in it in the backyard. I just know he'll tip that thing over if we put it in water! Ha! I'll let Sean take him the first time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun!!! What a great family outing. And the scenery? gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.