Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers

I was nominated for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award a bit ago by my friend Brenda from Chatting Over Chocolate. I thought I'd get around to answering the questions today.
1. Do you have a tradition that is unique to your family?
We like to throw a Canadian Thanksgiving party for our friends. Two Thanksgivings in one year? Yes indeed.

2. What recipe/dish are you most known for?
Depends on who you talk to I suppose. Probably waffles if you asked Aria. But, paprikash is my favorite thing to eat and I'm sure I've made it for all of our family and friends at some point by now.

3. Are there any goals that you hope to accomplish before the end of this year?
Survive the holidays. Get a wine glass from visiting the Food & Wine Fest three different times. Go see Hunger Games. Some pretty serious goals over here.

4. What band/artist or album could you never tire of listening to?
hm...The Beatles. Bon Jovi. Queen.

5. If you could choose one store to go on a complimentary shopping spree which would it be?
I'd have to say definitely Target, and especially around Halloween or Christmas so I could stock up on all the holiday things!

6. What food could you not live without?
Cheese. I love cheese.

7. What is your favorite way to spend a free hour?
It is a toss up between taking a nap and drinking iced coffee while watching The Pioneer Woman.

8. Are there any tv shows or movies you quote from regularly?
I'm sure way more than I can think of at the moment. Clueless comes to mind - "way harsh Tai".  "Hello I'm drunk" from Sex and the City. "Hold onto your butts" from Jurassic Park. Star Wars - "stay on target".

9. What is something you've always wanted to learn to do?
Speak another language. 

10. What is one thing I may not have learned about you through your blog?
Well I'm an over-sharer so I'm not sure! Hmm...gaming is a fave hobby. Mostly before Aria. Computer games and games in general. WoW, Scrabble, etc.

16 comments:

  1. Naps always win when given a free hour!
    "Hold on to your butts," Ha! I say that all the time. Especially while driving.
    A shopping spree to Target (with unlimited Starbucks) would be nothing short of a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As long as we have wine, the holidays will be fine" LOL!!! Ain't that the truth. That's awesome. I might have to steal that.
    Also, shopping spree at Target? YES PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bon Jovi, I will ALWAYS love him as well!!
    I always love reading these kinds of posts and getting to know you better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kinds of posts :) I too couldn't live without cheese and I LOVE that you celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving! We should start celebrating American thanksgiving with our friends, I have so many american friends now through blogging and who wouldn't want to celebrate TWO thanksgivings?! :) I'm totally going to do it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mm cheese.. but chocolate would be my I can't live without it think..
    I love that you quote clueless

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny that you posted this today. I actually nominated you for the same award today! haha, oh well, maybe save it for a rainy day. But I had no idea about the gaming thing, interesting. I could never get into that. I think I get motion sickness playing like I'm a person, haha. But I do love me a good board game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes please on the naps! I used to have a sweet set up but then Kinsey dropped her naps and my mid day cuddles vanished like that. And cheese always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to make me some Canadian friends so I can do Thanksgiving twice too! Sounds sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! Wine and target and HELLO I'M DRUNK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who is Canadian? I can't remember or don't know but I'm not curious and asking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessss I love Bon Jovi! Also could quote Clueless all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these kinds of posts. Mostly because I'm slightly nosey and like to see what people have to say to random questions. But I have to say yes to every single one of your answers. Cheese, Target, Food and Wine Fest, oh and I totally read "Hello I'm drunk" in a Miranda voice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I love cheese too & that pic is awesome of the puppers wanting cheese. Tee hee!

    Good post, my friend. I like these survey type posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would die without cheese. Bon Jovi forever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha the wine, yes please. Oh man that Pioneer Woman she is amazing. Hey she doesn't live to far from me come for a visit and we'll go stalk her :). And cheese, yes please..... cheese ball actually sounds pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so lame and haven't done this post yet! And Pioneer Woman is my favorite! She's so good at everything...cooking...photography...blogging...writing children's books. Dang!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.