Thursday, September 3, 2015

Disney Trip #15 - Animal Kingdom in the morning & a rainy Magic Kingdom evening

Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #15 - Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom
We wanted to squeeze in a trip to Disney World before we hopped on the potty training train because visiting a bathroom every few minutes while running around the parks sounds rather daunting.

We got to Animal Kingdom bright and early and they were letting people in for a soft opening. We got as far as the tree of life where we watched the parrots fly in and out. Then we got to the Safari ride where we got to wait in line until the ride actually opened up. So technically we were on the ride immediately at the real park open, but there was a lot of standing around waiting.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Tree of Life
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Tree of Life
After the Safari, where we got to see the baby rhino, we went to the first showing of the Festival of the Lion King. It was extra empty so we got to sit right in the front. It is one of our favorite shows and I always get a little teary watching it, but this time was even better! Aria had several of the performers come right up and interact with her. Timon came up for a high five and nose boop before he went back to sing. One of the dancers came up and chatted with her to see if she would come shake one of the instruments in the part where the kids get to go up and do a loop around the stage. She politely declined that one, and then climbed up onto my lap because she gets a little shy. Then one of the monkeys ran over for a high five towards the end. Naturally all three of these interactions happened when I wasn't at all ready with my camera. We've always seen one of the busier show times and sat somewhere in the middle. We enjoyed this much more.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Tamu Tamu, Pineapple Soft-Serve with Coconut Rum
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Zuri's Sweets Shop, Zebra Marshmallows
Then we needed a dole whip with coconut rum and zebra marshmallow break. We took our treats to the Harambe Market so we could sit and one of the cast members came up to ask if Aria wanted to ring the opening bell. She decided she was brave enough for that! It was cute because she was just a little too short to make the rope hit the sides of the bell but she sure tried her hardest. One of the other cast members helped her make it ring and the market was opened.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Harambe Market opening bell
Then we popped in to see Mickey and Minnie.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Safaria Mickey and Minnie Mouse, meet and greet
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Safaria Mickey and Minnie Mouse, meet and greet
Before heading over to the Nemo show, which we've never seen before. I thought it was okay. The sharks bit was my favorite and some of the voices were so spot on to the movie, but not a must see in my book. I also thought it was lame that we sat in the bubble section but the bubbles all stayed on the far sides of the theater, so Aria who was trying her hardest to get a bubble to come her way didn't get to swat any.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Finding Nemo the Musical
We took a spin on the triceratops.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Triceratop Spin
And, then I told Aria we had time for just one more thing so she could take her pick. She opted for waiting in the longest line of the day to see Pluto and Goofy!
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Dinoland USA, Plute & Goofy meet and greet
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Dinoland USA, Plute & Goofy meet and greet
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Dinoland USA, Plute & Goofy meet and greet
We passed the time taking pictures and trying to knock the little boy in front of us off the chains. Not on purpose.
Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Dinoland USA, Plute & Goofy meet and greet
She loves to see the characters and give them big hugs though! And I'm so glad she'll go up to them on her own now.

We also had to visit the outlets because Chris needed some new work shorts. So we left for a lunch break and nap, plus a little shopping. And afterwards we were planning on just going home, but Aria wouldn't stop chanting Magic Kingdom from the back. How could you say no to that?
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom entrance
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Cinderella's Castle
She really really really wanted to ride the tea cups, because she's been playing tea cups on the computer chair that spins. So that's where we started.
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, Tea Cups
Then Dumbo with a short stop at the play set before the ride. She can do the entire big kid area all on her own now too. That's her running along the nets in the picture.
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Dumbo play set
When she had her fill of running around we went on the ride where it started to sprinkle and by the time we were exiting the ride it was pouring. I tucked my camera away in the plastic bag I brought, put Aria in her rain coat, covered the stroller with our rain cover, grabbed a pretzel, and kept on going! We did the Mermaid ride, the Carrousel, Small World, and then at Aria's insistence the Haunted Mansion where she was frozen with fear the whole time. I'm not sure why she thought she wanted to ride it, but if you ask her now she says 'no no no'.
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, It's a Small World
It was still raining off and on and way past bedtime so we decided to head back to the car. We just made it to the parking lot when it started to pour cats and dogs. Another soaking Disney visit. I changed Aria into nice dry pajamas and she passed out in about 3 seconds. I remembered to bring a change of clothes in case of rain so I changed into those. Chris didn't take my second outfit advice and got to drive home soaked to the bone. The weather has not been kind to us this summer. We've got a trip to see Magic Kingdom all decked out for the autumn and a trip to Epcot for the Food & Wine coming up, so I'll be keeping my fingers all crossed it stays dry those days.

And, here is the video from our trip!


Have a magical day everybody!

16 comments:

  1. It is awesome to see Aria so comfortable around the characters! Kinsey gives them this *look* and they all steer clear ;) Boo about the bubbles but what a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely never say no to the Magic Kingdom. That picture in front of the castle is amazing! Love it. Such a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great photos! I love the one of Aria just chillin with Mickey and Minnie - she looks so comfortable with all the characters! Looks like you had a fabulous day, even with the rain. When did you first start taking Aria to the shows? Has she always sat well for them? I would love to do shows with Mila when we go this fall, but I worry she won't sit still. Another random question... do you need a separate ticket for the food and wine festival or is that included with the park ticket? Your last post with all the glorious food at Epcot has me thinking we might want to check out the food and wine festival! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, another awesome Disney trip in the books- even with the rain. Seriously, rain can't even damper a day at Disney!
    And, let me just tell you how envious I am that you can add coconut rum to your Dole Whips. That's not an option at Disneyland. Perhaps I need to start smuggling in a bit of contraband...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I love that you guys spontaneously decided to go back. Animal kingdom sounds so fun. So much character interaction. Aria was a mini celebrity that day. Good luck with the potty training! I'm scared to death to jump on that train.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Interesting how she will go right up to the characters but then be shy & timid around some of the people. Maybe bc she "knows" the characters. Definitely can't say no to the back seat chanting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love her little dress! And as always, I love your Disney posts. Although I read "Dole Whip with rum" and now that's ALL I can think of!!! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness I want your life. What an amazing day. Minus the rain. But even still. I'd take Disney and rain to no Disney any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always another great day at Disney. Silly men never listening to use woman folk with good advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic day. I love that she started chanting and you guys were the awesome parents that just went for it. So cool and such wonderfully happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun!! Can't wait to hear how the potty training goes! Has she been showing signs of readiness? I'm just so over diapers but really not in the mood to take on potty training--ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous of your many trips to Disney...another reason I want to come live with you! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay!! We're like 90% sure we are coming in April and I am just that much more excited. Please tell me more about that play area by Dumbo?!!! I'm sure Ellie will love it. This sounds fantastic and I'm laughing at Aria wanting the Haunted Mansion and then now saying No No no!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great Disney trip! It sounds like your AK morning was really fun! I love that the Lion King characters interacted with her so much. I love that park but I don't think we're going to be able to do that one on our visit. Stinks about the rain, but glad you had dry clothes for on the way home :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun! Animal Kingdom was by far our favorite of the parks when we were there in May! Everyone there was just so kind to us. We loved the Lion King show. It was pretty spectacular. My only regret is that I never found the dole whip with rum. Darn it! Hoping you have dry days for those two visits coming up. My mother in law mentioned we may be going back to Disney in Oct of 2016!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SOOO FUN. I love Walt Disney World as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.