Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mango Picking

What do you do when somebody invites you to go pick some mango? You say yes of course. Do we eat mango? Not really. We have a bag of frozen pineapple and mango for smoothies and snacks, but we don't usually get any fresh. Who even knew mango trees were a thing in Florida? Not I. Aria was pretty exciting about the idea though so off we went.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mango Picking
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mango Picking
Method number 1 - climb ladder, pick mango.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mango Picking
Aria's job was to put the mango in the bucket. Occasionally she even did it gently. She took it very seriously. Please also note baby Olly in the top corner.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mango Picking
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mango PickingSweet Turtle Soup - Mango Picking
A quick swinging, docking, and hammocking break.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mango PickingSweet Turtle Soup - Mango Picking
And then back to the mango grind.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mango Picking
Method number 2 - climb ladder with a large pole that has a net tied on, pick mango. It was mighty effective.

Now to wait for our mango to ripen up.

14 comments:

  1. I love mangoes as do the girls! Kinda jealous you actually picked them fresh from a tree. Guess that Florida heat IS good for something ;) I wonder if you'll like the fresh mango better than the frozen? On a side note freeze dried mango from Trader Joes is a delicious snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big mango fan, but this does look cool. I didn't know mangoes grew in Florida. I'd probably make some sort of frozen mango margarita or something similar - that sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun and the smoothies - YUM... we LOVE mango but as you can imagine getting them to be good and fresh in OHIO is not easy.
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great that Aria took her job seriously, that's a good lil worker there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love mango! Love the photo of her holding her hands up waiting for a mango, such a good helper. Looks like fun! I probably would have been glued that that hammock the whole time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now this is totally up my alley! I would be all over it! Now what to do with all those mangos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahhhh that is so cool Florida people get the coolest trees. Russ' sister had a banana tree and a avocado tree that produced the HUGE avocados. NOM!!! I'd totally go Mango picking if ever I had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The waiting is the hardest part!!! I went to the grocery store today to get some things and wanted to get avocados for tonight and they were all so hard! I was so bummed. Waiting is not my strong suit.
    BUT this looks like a super fun activity! I'd totally love to go mango picking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, ripe mango is the best! Is that at somebody's house, or do you have mango orchards (or whatever they're called) out there??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mangos! I would have been in heaven! Super jealous of all your fruit trees in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I love me some fruit, mango is just one I can't get on board with. Maybe it's because I don't know how to peel, or cut, or whatever it is you do with them?
    At any rate, I love how seriously Aria took her assigned duties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like so much fun! Jealous of your frozen mango - that will make some delicious smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a serious little girl you had on your hands!? I love that she took her role serious! It's hard to believe how big our babies are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love mangoes!! I love the sass Aria is throwing in the third picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.