Friday, July 10, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort

Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
I'd been wanting to do a fort in the living room for Aria for ages, making it the perfect addition to our Summer Bucket List. When it was time to give the living room an extra thorough vacuuming I took the opportunity to go ahead and make a fort. I moved the furniture around for the walls and grabbed some sheets to drape on top. I tossed in some couch cushions and blankets, and called it a fort. Aria was playing with great grandma at the time, so I waited for her to come back out into the living room to find her surprise.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
She was slightly bewildered.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
I think she enjoyed it. She loved hopping around on the couch cushions. And then she brought all the little beanie babies she could get her hands on into her fort. She was so excited to show dad when he came home from lunch too. I left it up all day and we played and played.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Make a Fort
 Baxter thought it was a pretty good idea too.

 For the rest of our Summer Bucket List click here!

13 comments:

  1. You're such a fun mom! :) I LOVE that snap of Aria being surprised by what you'd done! Too cute! :) Congrats on another fun item checked off your list!! Enjoy getting to the next one. :) Have a great weekend, friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! We've been trying to get Marcus on board with the fort idea and he's basically a fun-hater. I honestly think Scott is bummed because *he* wants to play in the fort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to this one! Arias surprised expression is too cute, what a great action shot. Now Im looking forward to your "new thing at Disney" I didnt know you havent done it all yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! We just might steal this and add it to our summer bucket list too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!!! I like how she looked confused at first and then was like "hey this is pretty great, I'm going to bring everything I own in here". LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one exceptional tent!! How special! Now if she's anything like Letty she will ask almost daily for another one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fort :) Her expression is great too! I have to make another one of these soon; it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! Mr. made our kids a fort too, except it's still up 3 days later ;) Fort bring such fond childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I love how you did the bucket list graphic. With the check marks, very cool.

      Delete
  9. What a perfect little fort area for her to play in. I also couldn't help but notice the Mickey blanket too :). Has she asked for you to do it again?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously....funnest mom ever! I love how you are always doing activities with Aria. I know she must adore all of the quality time you spend with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - we made Mason a 'fort' over his bed one time and he made us leave it up for months. He slept better in his 'fort'. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.