Friday, July 31, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Homemade Postcards

Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Homemade Postcards
I love sending snail mail. It is just as good as getting some in return in my book. But, most of the mail Aria and I tend to send is around the holidays in the fall and winter. So I added on a mailing project for us to accomplish over the summer - homemade postcards!

I bought a stack of blank index cards, which are pretty flimsy so cutting cardstock into rectangles would have probably been a little better. They worked though. Aria did whatever she wanted on the one side, and on the other I wrote a little note and the address.

These little beauties are making their way across the country to Aria's buddies as I type. Now that is a fun mail day.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Homemade Postcards
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Homemade Postcards
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Homemade Postcards
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Homemade Postcards

   For the rest of our Summer Bucket List click here

18 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Snail mail is always fun to get. I may have to steal this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun summer project! Perfect for those too-hot-to-go-outside kind of days.
    Aria looks like quite the little artist with her apron on and adorable flower in hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome idea! I love it! My youngest & I used to send out thank you cards every Sunday to someone just thanking them for being who they are. It's been awhile since we've done that, we should get back to do that, I think.

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea! Cheap and fun for the little ones. I may have to borrow this at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those turned out so sweet! Snail mail is the best surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We received ours the other day...such a cute idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're just teaching her to be super thoughtful! Snail mail is the best I tend to agree with you there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so thoughtful!!! And the postcard was so cute! We loved it! I'm impressed with how crafty she is. I asked Mason to draw on some thank you notes for his birthday the other day and he drew on two and was over it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, sweet, creative and thoughtful. Thank you for sending us one I got a huge smile when I saw it. I just love your teaching her to do things like this from such and early age :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cute idea! Snail mail is always fun to send and receive.
    Post cards are so much fun! I used to collect post cards when I was younger, so my family would send me postcards anytime they went anywhere and I always bought them from anywhere I went.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, what a fun idea! I love snail mail too, I may have to do this with S! :) I love following along on your summer adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to love sending snail mail! This makes me want to write some letters. Such a fun summer activity :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We loved receiving our snail mail, thank you!! And I'm loving that darling headband that sweet princess is wearing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like an amazing idea! The postcards look adorable!

    www.artadorned.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea! Those postcards turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a good idea! She looks so cute painting them and they turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea! Snail mail is the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.