Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Grill Pizza

Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Grill Pizza
We kicked off our Summer Bucket List with a big ol' flop. Grilling pizza, not for the faint of heart. Simple in concept. Complicated in execution. I made up a batch of my favorite pizza dough and attempted to follow these instructions. Chris singed off half of his arm hair, I somehow ruined my manicure, and we burnt the hell right out of our pizza. And even after all of that...it was still somehow decently tasty. I can only imagine how much tastier it would be without charred crust. I'm going to give it another try sometime. In a few weeks, when I've forgotten how hot it is getting my fingers that close to the grill. This was just the test phase. I think we have a firmer grasp on the whole process now. So, it must be easier next time, yes?
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Grill Pizza
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Grill Pizza
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List: Grill Pizza

10 comments:

  1. Do you have a pizza stone? If you start it on a stone it works better! It can be done both ways though! Love grilled pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried it again last night and it turned out SO GOOD!!!!! I'm planning to share our recipe next week maybe? Only problem is... we have a gas grill so I don't really know if I could be of any help to you :( But seriously... I don't know why or what it is but the flavor is SO much better off the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aria's face is priceless in that last picture. That's awesome that you guys were able to pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for attempting this with homemade crust, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! But pizza is always worth it, in my book lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh we just love these!!!! We do a BBQ chicken one w ranch on top that is just soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, both you and Elizabeth have mentioned pizza on the grill, and I think we need to try it. Except, I'd like tips on how to do it before I burn my fingers off...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aria looks a little skeptical there. Neither Joe or I are grill masters, so we're gonna wait till you perfect this before we get our hair or fingers near the grill ;) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that last picture of Aria :) This is something I definitely am going to try this summer, but it seems it may take a few tries first. We've done frozen pizza on the grill, but not homemade yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I soooooo want to try grilled pizza this summer! Benny needs to get over his dairy sensitivity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.