Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It's the Little Things: Christmas in July

I think it is pretty well established that I enjoy holidays and I dislike Florida summers. So what is a holiday loving gal suppose to do during the holiday drought that is summer? Celebrate Christmas in July!

You'd think I would go all out for the Fourth, but it really isn't my holiday at all. Barely a blip on my holiday radar.

However, when July hits I have a legit excuse to listen to carols and watch my favorite Christmas movies.

I'd never actually done much on the 25th before, but I felt like it would be a hoot to festive ourselves up for the day this year.

Aria had precisely zero problems with that.
Sweet Turtle Soup - It's the Little Things: Christmas in July
Sweet Turtle Soup - It's the Little Things: Christmas in July
When Aria woke up on Christmas in July morning I told her she could pick one of her fancy dresses to wear. I pointed out the Christmas ones to her and she went with glitter red (I'm still fighting the glitter infestation that came along with that choice). Naturally carols started up right away.

Then we dragged out the ceramic Christmas tree and Aria helped me put the whole thing together. I was pretty impressed because you put tiny holly leaves in each little hole then put even tinier berries in the leaf holes. We did this before anybody else woke up for the day so when Chris and great grandma woke up she proudly told them that she put the Christmas tree up 'all by herself' before adding in 'with mommy'.

For breakfast we had cinnamon rolls - from the store. I thought about making some with Aria but then decided to save that kind of ambition for the serious holidays.

I pulled down almost all of our Christmas books and the FP North Pole Cottage, well technically Chris got the FP down. So we played elves and read the day away.

At the end of the day Aria helped me put away all of the Christmas and she's been wondering when we get to do Christmas again ever since. That's my girl.

Linking up with Jess at Sadie Sky Boutique:
littlethingslogo

p.s. Don't forget to enter the Firmoo Glasses giveaway >>> RIGHT HERE!

14 comments:

  1. I really should celebrate this. It deserves its own tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great idea!! I'm so Christmas obsessed I'm shocked I haven't done this ;) So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this?!?! I love it!!! With our Christmas in July exchange too, this fits in perfectly! Did you guys open your presents on the 25th as well?? This is such a fun idea, I totally might steal it next year, if I remember lol. I love that she got to dress in her pretty Christmas dress and read Christmas books and put up a tree! And eat cinnamon rolls - from the store - my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun!! I have to be honest, the 25th just kind of slipped right by, but I love the idea of doing this in the future. It's been so dang hot here, that I wouldn't mind blasting the AC, making sweet sticky treats, and snuggling up to read Christmas stories while listening to carols. Kind of the best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas so I think this is a awesome idea. Dis you know Hobby Lobby already has Christmas decor up??? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun tradition! I love that she got to wear her sparkly Christmas dress, that makes the day so much more fun :)
    The making the tree by herself comment.. And then "with Mommy". Is totally an Avery move, too. Haha. The "with Mommy" always comes late ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, I love that you got it all out for a day, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really good idea! Reese is constantly asking when Christmas is and when Santa is going to come :) Love those ceramic trees - I had one in my room as a kid growing up. I can't wait for Christmas this year - going to be so much fun with a 3 year old! (and baby, yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like so much fun. I love, love, love it. I especially love the cinnamon rolls. Yummy! Ha!

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glitter is like powdered sugar; it gets on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg too fun. I'm definitely doing that next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just embrace the glitter, it's part of the permanent decor now ;) I spilled red glitter years ago, and I swear it still pops up in random places, even though we've moved twice. Love that you decided to do the decorating this year. And I agree, save the baking for cooler months. Cinnamon rolls are yummy no matter who makes them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny I had no idea that people actually celebrated Christmas in July until some of my blogging friends did it. I LOVE it. Any excuse for a little Christmas cheer is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am pretty sure I need this tradition in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.