Monday, July 6, 2015

A Day in the Life - Summer edition

Our day: Friday, July 3rd 2015 - Aria is 2 years and 7 months old.

7:45 am | My alarm goes off. I fiddle around on my phone for a few minutes to wake up.

8:07 am | Aria is sleeping. I get up and start the day - feed the dogs and cat, brush teeth, wash face.

8:20 am | Aria is still sleeping so I go filter my cold brew coffee. Twice.
homemade cold brew iced coffee concentrate

8:45 am | I end up with coffee and coffee grinds all over the dang place, but also a beautiful bottle of concentrated coffee. Aria is still asleep, wonder of wonders, so I dump and refill the ice cube trays.

8:51 am | I hear Aria call out. I quickly finish my last tray of ice and go get her. She asks for a book please. I read her two stories from her Disney Jr Little Golden Book set. That one is a current favorite.

9:06 am | Done with stories and get a fresh diaper.

9:11 am | Hunt down the laundry that I have yet to fold or put away so Aria can pick out a princess dress. It is in mom and dad's room. Chris is off work today and still in bed, so Aria hops on the bed to give him a big good morning hug. I get Aria in a dress and we leave dad to sleep some more while I start breakfast.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
 
9:15 am | We just went to Publix yesterday so we have my favorite breakfast sausage, the brown sugar kind. I start to fry those up - they don't last very long in this house - and put on some Irish Christmas music since it is Christmas in July and totally acceptable to listen to Christmas music all month long. Aria and I dance around between sausage rotating. She discovers the fun of standing on the tops of my feet while I dance around. After the dancing she goes and sits on the couch with all her toys and a towel.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

9:36 am | Breakfast is ready. I wake up Chris so we can all eat. Sausage and pineapple. Doesn't sound appealing written out, but it hit the spot.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

10:03 am | Breakfast is done, and I cleaned up the plates. Aria goes back to her pile of toys on the couch. I go get dressed. Aria trots in after me in less than a minute and daddy shows her his computer game. Then they let the dogs out for a quick pee before putting shoes on.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

10:17 am | Everybody is dressed and ready to go shopping at Sams. We hit the road.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

11:47 am | Done with a month's worth of big item shopping - meats, frozen veggies, turkey burgers, etc. We are on our way home. Traffic is less than desirable, and Aria and I practically melt when Chris turns the car off to get gas.

12:06 pm | Home. Time to unload and put away. I put on Disney Jr for Aria and get her a cup of milk.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

12:19 pm | Everything is put away except the chicken breasts. Chris breaks those all down and trims them to put in the freezer. I need three for dinner so I snag those and marinade them. Then I make Aria something for lunch.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

12:45 pm | Lunch is ready.

12:50 pm | I finally talk Aria into coming over so I can wash her hands for lunch. I get myself an apple with peanut butter and an iced coffee.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Things said during lunch:
"Stop rubbing cheese on your face"
"Don't put peanut butter in your hair"

1:28 pm | I finished up my apple and then perused the parenting magazine that came in the mail. When Aria is finished I wash her up. She promptly runs off to hide somewhere and poop, which she will deny until she is blue in the face...or red in the face as the case may be. Aria, where are we supposed to poo? Toilet. And, where did you poo? Diaper. Well, ok then.

1:35 pm | Fresh diaper. We get ready to hit the road again for more errands.

1:44 pm | We are out the door.

1:55 pm | First up, Target. Aria sweet talked dad into getting popcorn. I needed some toiletries.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

2:11 pm | Next up, Home Depot. I needed to buy sand for a project. Aria thought the door department was the bees knees. I had to drag her away in the end.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

2:40 pm | Back to Sams where Chris ran in quickly to grab charcoal.

2:50 pm | Chris is back with charcoal and we head north on the highway for more shopping.

3:10 pm | Next up, Hobby Lobby. I needed pink felt and headbands, which took 5 minutes to find and grab. The rest of the time we spent frolicking around the autumn section.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

3:41 pm | And last but not least, Total Wine. I wanted to pick up a couple of ciders I'd seen at Epcot's Flower and Garden festival but never had the time or room in my tummy to try. Ace Pineapple Cider, and Crispin Blackberry Pear Cider. We also got a few other things because walking out of Total Wine for less than 100 is just wrong.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

4:28 pm | Heading home with all our bounty. I let Aria watch Octonauts on my phone on the drive home because she was on her best behavior the whole day.

5:02 pm | Home again, home again. We made a pit stop at Chris' work to pick up something too. We unloaded the goods.

5:20 pm | I started making dinner. Chicken taco salad tonight.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

Aria plays with Baxter, she's getting pretty good at it too. But, at some point in time Aria pulled Baxter's leg making him yip so she lost her dog privileges for the rest of the evening. After that she went off with dad to play in her room.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

6:12 pm | Dinner is ready.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

6:47 pm | Dinner is over. Time to clean up. Aria runs off again to hide and poo.

6:57 pm | Aria comes and finds me so I can change her diaper. So we get a fresh diaper and jammies, plus a new blanket since she was dragging hers all over the floor. Halloween jammies for the win.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

7:04 pm | We are ready for the bedtime routine of books, lights out, snuggles and songs, and then convincing Aria to lay down. When she finally does lay down I tuck her in, Chris says his final good night, and then I hold her hand for about a minute before saying good night and leaving. She was out like a light tonight. She has regulated her body to no longer napping so she isn't completely exhausted at the end of the day anymore. Some nights she tosses and turns for a few minutes maybe thirty, some nights she just conks out. A day of shopping equals conking.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Summer edition

7:38 pm | I close Aria's door and finish up cleaning the kitchen. I start a load of laundry. And then I go take a shower.

8:11 pm | Done with my shower. I crawl into bed with my laptop to type up this DitL post and watch Gilmore Girls.

9:37 pm | At some point in time I switch the laundry and grab a glass of Bunratty Honey Meade Wine. I finish up typing my DitL notes up. Now I am onto sorting through the pictures from today.

10:35 pm | Got up for another glass of wine...just one more right?, to let the dogs out one last time before bed, and to shoo the cat to his food for a munch - high maintenance cat likes a snack before his last meal before bed.

10:49 pm | Mostly done with the DitL post, so I'm moving on to replying to emails - I'm always hopelessly behind.

11:17 pm | Emails done, checked facebook, and now time to call it a night.

The end.

Joining Julia for the DitL round up!

And, you can find all my other Day in the Life posts here.

21 comments:

  1. Kennedy won't poop in the potty either! It is so frustrating! I am going to have to take a trip to Hobby Lobby and peruse the fall section! I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy, busy day! I love DitL posts, it's fun seeing what everyone else is up to. That wine sounds amazing... let me tell you, I can't wait to enjoy a glass of wine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep saying i need to do another one of these now that Hallie is older! Maybe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day! You guys ran lots of errands- I'm impressed. Usually we stick to about 2 stores if Reese is with us, but only because where we shop is 45 min away. Love the night-time pictures and glad that she goes to sleep relatively easily. Excited to do a summer one of these myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an exhausting day of shopping! haha! You guys hit up a lot of places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed and jealous at how late Aria sleeps in. We're lucky if we make it to 7AM before the pitter patter of feet come running down our hall.
    I'm also insanely jealous of your close proximity to a Hobby Lobby. There aren't ANY near us, and I miss that place terribly.
    That wine and cider. Yes, I'll take one of each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sofia is off and on when it comes to pooing in the potty. Sometimes she'll decide to go to the bathroom and do her thing but other times she hides and does it too. Gets frustrating at times but I'm just glad she is doing the best she can.

    I want to start doing some projects for my home too and we have a Hobby Lobby about 15 mins away. Looks like I need to make it my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a busy, busy girl & I think that you deserved those two glasses of wine. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum those drinks look tasty! Such a busy day. Home Depot type stores always make for a great field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hearing all about other people's days. Sleeping in babes? Now that is a novel thought. Such a good girl that Aria. A full day is always the best days then for those two glasses of wine. Or three.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Nothing like a day of shopping to wear a girl out :) I need to write one of these but I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two both look totally in your element in Hobby Lobby. So cute! But fall decor already?? I'm not willing to fast forward through July, since it's mine and Joe's birthday month, but I guess we can go ahead and skip August. It's way too hot by then anyway ;) Loving all that loot in the Total Wine basket. And can I just point out that I've eaten more by 2pm than you ate all day? Plus, now I want some pineapple, and an apple + pb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy these posts and I love how detailed yours are! I need to do one of these. The maple brown sugared sausage sounds amazing. You guys had a busy day…much like ours normally are. I adore all of these pictures. Aria is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and your bounty from Total Wine sounds very interesting. I need to see if we have one of those around here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got so many errands done! How productive! I'm dying to know how you make your iced coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa whoa whoa. Aria wake up at NINE O CLOCK???? How in the world did you get so lucky? And your ALARM (as in phone alarm not kid alarm) goes off at 7:45am?! INSANELY jealous. (Sorry for all the caps!)
    Also, you guys are the errand masters! I can usually squeeze 2 stores out of Mason before he's over being in the cart. Unless of course, I bring 19 snacks. Then I can get 8 stores out of him LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must have some very tired eyes because I seriously thought I saw a pregnancy test on your kitchen table and I got all sorts of excited! Then you started drinking wine, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds like a fun day! and you got soooo many things done, the best kind of day in my opinion :) I LOVE the name Aria! i think it is just the prettiest name ever and fits your cute little one quite well! and how fun your husband got the day off so you could all get things done together :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a busy day!

    I have always wanted to make some cold brewed coffee but have yet to do it.... I really need to get on that.

    The door department is pretty fantastic. I can't blame the girl for loving it :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Several things...one-thought there was a secret reveal on the table in the form of a preggo test. Appears to just be a measuring spoon though. Darn. Two-I thought you were anti-coffee but did sodas in the morning?! Three-love that you brought Aria into the wine store. Four-loving that taco salad. Definitely pinning. Thanks for sharing! Her Asian chicken salad is pretty delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dang you guys hit up a lot of places! I would've been wiped out after two stores. :) We too are playing Christmas music around here and I don't care who knows it. Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.