Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Two and a Half

Sweet Turtle Soup - Quarterly Update!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Quarterly Update!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Quarterly Update!
weight: 31.5 lbs.

height: 35.5 inches.

wearing: Dresses. Always dresses. In sizes 18 months, 24 months, and 2T. I think we have a 3T in rotation as well. I can occasionally convince her to wear something else if the occasion warrants it. She'll let me put her in pants and a shirt if we go to her godfathers, in an attempt to keep the bugs from biting, as long as I bring a princess dress for her to change into when we go home. Her fave dresses are her lemon dress, pink halter dress, and her yellow dress.

milestone progress: She seems to have gotten over her dark Disney ride fear. She would put her hands over her mouth or hold onto an arm for reassurance, but she only did that on pirates last trip. Hopefully it keeps up. She'll still ask me to come sit with her if something startles her while she is watching a show, but not often.

Still loves counting. 6 and 7 are her downfall, she skips it and moves on to 8, 9, 10. Her colors and animals are good. She wants nothing to do with the alphabet except A for Aria and she'll sing Z when you get to it in the alphabet song. Her shapes are okay but we could probably add in some shape work more often, mom tends to overlook it.

She is super active. Her jumping straight up skills are too adorable. And she is really great climbing up scary things at the playground. She is very rough and tumble these days. Surprise attacks, leaping at you, climbing up your back, etc. Her hugs are more like attacks. Basically your average full of energy nutty little girl.

She is all of a sudden super friendly. She says hi and waves to everybody, which is so cute to see because she was so shy before. She usually says something like "Hi, nice to see you, I'm a princess" and if they are leaving it is usually "bye, see you soon/see you later".

She prefers painting with a paintbrush instead of painting with her fingers anymore. She likes to fill in all the white space when she paints. And, painting is by far her favorite art project. She is also a fan of glue, and stickers.

potty training: She is into going pee by herself on her little potty, but only when I remind her. She'll whip off her diaper and hand it to me before running into the bathroom to pee and use entirely too much toilet paper. She has a hard time making it to the bathroom before a poo, but she did successfully manage once thus far. She got mnms and we made up a song about it. So, she knows what she is suppose to do and where, but she rarely lets me know when she needs to. But, I'll keep asking until it clicks.

talking: All the words. 4-5 word sentences, repeats everything, strings a few sentences together, never stops talking. I love it.

A few gems -
"What do you want for dinner?" "baby" "You want a baby for dinner?" "two babies" (I guess she was hungry)

"Never seen that before!" (talking about all the St. Patrick's shenanigans back in March)

"Nebo in trouble. Daddy find!" (Nebo = Nemo)

"Hi mama. No nap. Baaaaddd. Watch TV, please. Pretty Please. Pick me up. (in one breath)" (I pick her up) "No TV right now" "Presents? (then in a sad voice) No presents?"

"Sorry mom, didn't mean that"

"all-most there"

"I'm fhristy mama"

"Mommy, I need you" or "Daddy, I need you" or "You need me"

"I try it" or "I do it"

"Hey, come back here (insert noun)"

"Never!!!"

"No way, Jose"

teeth: 20 teeth! That last one finally made it through.

eats: No changes here really. She loves all the fruit, esp frozen fruit - strawberries, pineapple, and blueberries. She loves breads - toast, waffles, pancakes, muffins, etc. Cheese, oatmeal, yogurt, beans, tiny veggies like peas and corn, and dips of all kinds are faves too. Pretzels are her snack of choice. Won't turn down something sweet if the opportunity presents itself either.

sleep: She's officially no longer napping, and hasn't been almost since the last quarterly post in March. It took some getting used to but we enjoy the freedom of not having to worry about a nap. Unless we are at Disney, she still naps there. Or, in the car if we are out and about anytime after 4-5. It instantly made bedtime much easier. She's plum tuckered out by the time we tuck her in the crib and almost always is out like a light in minutes. Then she sleeps all night almost every night. She usually gets up between 7 and 9, most often around 8.

Recently she's decided to adopt the 'keep mom and dad in my room as long as possible at bedtime' practice, but after we left her standing in her crib a few nights in a row she realized she needed to lay down. Bedtime routine looks something like this: pjs, mom and dad each read a book, dad helps Aria turn out the light, I scoop up Aria and we sing 3-4 songs before setting her in her crib, she gives big hugs and kisses to mom and dad before laying down, I tuck her under the covers, dad gives her her bunny and says good night, and I will hold her hand for one minute before saying good night and leaving.

loves: princess dresses, reading, trips to Disney, watching our home videos (she calls them vimeos because we play them from that site), frozen fruit, stealing grandma's bagels, sprinkles, playing outside, going to the park, going to the beach, getting dirty, laughing, being goofy, climbing all over mom or dad, playing pretend, spinning, ice cream, Octonauts, grandma's rocking chair, animals, playdoh, painting, stickers, helping me bake, running, standing on her head, dancing, unlocking things with keys, talking non-stop, counting, collecting things in containers, pet rocks, playing in water, drinking from a cup, and being the center of attention.

hates: The usual toddler things - not getting her way at the exact moment she wants something and being told no. Really hates getting splitters removed. Not a fan of wearing shoes. She didn't like when she got stung by a wasp a few weeks ago.

interview:
1. What makes you happy? Being upside down.
2. What makes you sad? When I got stung.
3. How old are you? Bigger.
4. What is your favorite thing to do? Run!
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? Don't make me grow up. (good answer)
6. What is your favorite food? Sticks. (You don't eat sticks) Food. (What kind of food) Donuts.
7. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe.
8. Where is your favorite place to go? Disney!
9. What is your favorite color? Yellow and pink.
10. What is your favorite ride at Disney? Horses and Small World.

16 comments:

  1. Love it! I wish I could get Annabelle to wear dresses, she wants nothing to do with them. Unless it has a cat on it... then she is all about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a girlie girl! Love it! And LOVE all those little sentences! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, that interview is tooo cute!!!! My daughter is the same age and we are in the dress stage as well! She will flip a switch if she sees a dress and cannot wear it! ItIts funny she attacks when she hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...I can totally understand her hate of getting splinters removed. Elin got her first on her a week ago! Totally freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of all the little kids I watch grow up via blog land she is one of my favorites :). I can't believe she is 2.5!!!

    Donuts & Running, she is my new bff we can eat donuts and go for a run. Errr maybe in the opposite order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hi, nice to see you, I'm a princess" - LOVE this! Too cute! And the interview - adorable!

    I'm not looking forward to the no nap stage. Mila's naps have been getting shorter and shorter, so I know it's coming eventually. Boo to that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Aria is lovely! I love that she wears dresses all the time. Sofia sometimes wears dresses but that's only because I pick them out. I'll have to start seeing what she wants to wear and see if she picks out any dresses. She's kind of half tomboy/ half girly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I love that she loves dresses and only dresses. And I love that she said "no nap. tv. no tv? presents?" LOL. Girl knows what she wants!
    PS I spent entirely too long trying to figure out how 28 months was 2.5 years old and then scrolled down LOL. In my defense, it is only 7:30am where I am. Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! She is so adorable and love all the pretty dresses! And I love the interview! I need to start doing that with Mac for his updates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, love her little interview and all her quotes. Especially "don't make me grow up." Put that off as long as possible, Aria! Toddler convos are the cutest thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marcus totally skips numbers too (11, 12, and 13 just get totally lost in the shuffle).
    Can Aria please explain the wonder of painting? It's one activity we rarely do because there is about zero interest. *sad face*
    The interview is the best! LOVE the "what do you what to be when you grow up" answer. Best answer ever.
    Happy 2.5 Years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness I would do anything for even the slightest show of interest in potty training. I love her dress fetish. She's such a lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am just dreading the no nap days, but it sounds like you are handling it like a pro! And yay for some potty training progress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I can just imagine her saying all those things :) I love that she's so into dresses and yet seems fearless too! And I'm definitely impressed with your potty training. We've started but she hasn't actually gone on the potty yet. I'm wondering if we need to get a little one that she can sit on by herself, since right now, we have one of those rings that fits over the toilet, and she can't get up there on her own. I haven't done an update on Reese since she turned 2- it'll be interesting to compare the two.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the sweet things she says!!!! Happy 2.5 years doll!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.