Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Reading Challenge - first check in

So, how has your summer reading been going? Ours has been fantastic lately - not only Aria's but also my own. I finally finished the book I'd been reading on and off for four months and then I read another five so far this month. Feeling very literary currently. As for Aria, we've taken home so many books from our local library that we've had to move on to another branch. We actually returned one bunch of books but couldn't pick up another bunch for a couple of days and we were all going a little book stir crazy. Only so many times I can read about Minnie's bow-tique, you know what I'm sayin'?

I'm excited to see what Liz, Stephanie, and everybody else has been reading. Here's how our first three weeks shaped up!
Summer Reading Challenge - first check in
And, because I literally went through and read every single title in the easy reader section of our library to pick out books from the three themes I randomly decided upon here are a dozen favorites from the first three weeks.
Summer Reading Challenge - first check in

I read There's a Dragon Downstairs, Princess Bess Gets Dressed, and Kitty Princess over and over and over and over - those may have been Aria's faves. I really enjoyed Dragon's Extraordinary Egg, Blue Chameleon, and Have You Seen My Dragon. But, out of the almost 50 books we checked out these were all winners. Maybe they will help you in your Summer Reading Challenge too.

Go ahead and check back at the original post for all the details if you need a refresher, and/or please let us know what you and your babes/toddlers/kids have been reading by linking up. Three weeks down, nine to go!

Sweet Turtle Soup

p.s. Remember you need to have participated in the challenge as well as linked up at least once to be eligible for the giveaway on August 20th, the final check in!

8 comments:

  1. We've been doing pretty good with our reading (well I've been able to get Annabelle so sit down and read, my own reading is going a bit slow). We need to head back to the library to get some new books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked some great books here. Pinkilicious and The Day The Crayons Quit are among my class favorites for my TK students. I'm not participating in the challenge as my girls are grown and my grandchildren live an hour away and books are a way of life for them. I'm just enjoying finding new books for my students to read throughout the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You go super readers! You checked out so many books, you couldn't go back to that same library, you had to go to another? I love it!
    The Day the Crayons Quit is on our list for later, I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to get going on this! I think I can make this happen with my kiddos, after all, I've got two months, I just need ot get to he library, stat! Looks like you guys are reading lots of great stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are 3 branches near us but our current one is only 5 minutes away so I'm loving the convenience! Great job with your reading too, I hate book slumps lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you guys are reading up a storm! Love it! I'm excited to check out the books you listed - so far, we haven't read any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a nice reading list going ourselves! The Day the Crayons Quit is one of my personal favorites. And, I think Marcus likes it because of all the different voices I try to make for each crayon.
    Adding There's a Dragon Downstairs to our library list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jotting these down for future reference! Also, how were you able to read all of the titles in the easy reader section? I need to know this piece of info!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.