Friday, June 12, 2015

Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries

Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
It has been strawberry season in Florida for ages now, so we really waited until the last minute on this one. There is a local place just minutes from us that is newly opened this season, but only on Saturdays and because it is very small you need to be there right at the opening. We finally had nothing else going on and got up early enough the other Saturday to go pick us some strawberries. It isn't like any other strawberry picking I've ever done. Instead of fields with short rows of plants it was a little plot with vertical plants. Less stooping, I liked that. They gave us scissors, a bucket, and we went to town. We only got enough to devour at breakfast right afterwards but we went more for the fun of it than the berries.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Pick Strawberries
For the rest of our Spring Bucket List click here!

13 comments:

  1. So much fun! I am hoping to go berry picking as part of our summer bucket list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love that first pic of Aria making her way down the aisle of yummy berries there - too cute! Looks like you all enjoyed a great time and a delicious breakfast too! Win/win. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is really a fun way to grow them!!! And I really like the no bending over thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a "field" like that. How cool! I'm guessing there is some sort of economical/environmental reason for the plants to be planted that way. And not having to stoop to pick berries? YES, PLEASE!!
    I am STILL on the hunt for a good strawberry patch near us. I don't think one exists. I'll live vicariously through you (and the rest of the world, who have patches near them).
    Your berries look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, I love how it's not rows, the one reason Mr. won't go strawberry picking! I could get into that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a berry patch like that before. How cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that is my kind of berry patch!! what a fun thing to do. I wonder if its too late for us to go to a strawberry farm here.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really cool! I'm a fan of the no stooping aspect too. Especially because I literally can't stoop right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUUUUUDE! this berry place looks amazing!! i LOVE them hanging in those baskets. seriously. SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a farm not too far from us that has peaches and blackberries. I'm thinking we may be taking a trip this coming week. Looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been seeing people post about this like everyday and I'm always insanely jealous! I so wish there was a place for us to go to to do this here. I mean, there is, but it costs and arm and a leg and I really don't want to have to sell my kidney to be able to go. I mean, you do get a lot of strawberries for the money, but $20 a person is too pricey for me.
    I love the place you guys went to though! It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a ton of fun! I have never seen strawberries grown like that, but it looks way easier than normal fields. I should look for a patch near us for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how fun! I've never seen a strawberry farm like this one before. I love that last picture of Aria eating the berries!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.