Friday, June 5, 2015

Spring Bucket List - Make Smoothies

Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Make Smoothies
I got a new blender for my birthday back towards the start of Spring, and I was scared to use it for fear of breaking it. So I added it to my Spring Bucket List for a little motivation. It worked like a charm. Not only did I finally use the thing, but I tried several new smoothie recipes to boot. The tropical one was amazing, my fave of the bunch.
Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberry Smoothie: (makes 1)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen sliced banana
1/2 cup yogurt of choice
squirt of honey
almond milk to cover, about 1/2-1 cup

Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie: (makes 1)
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen sliced bananas
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup yogurt of choice
squirt of honey
coconut water to cover, about 1/2-1 cup

Tropical Smoothie
Tropical Smoothie: (makes 2)
1 frozen sliced banana
2 oranges, peeled and sliced
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2-1 cup orange juice

Green Smoothie
Green Smoothie: (makes 1)
2 handfuls of spinach
1 frozen sliced banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon ground flax
1 tablespoon chia seeds
squirt honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup yogurt of choice
1/2 cup or so coconut water
1/2 cup or so almond milk

Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Make Smoothies
 For the rest of our Spring Bucket List click here!

15 comments:

  1. We love smoothies!! So good. Yesterday I poured them into our Popsicle molds and it was the perfect fruity treat for a hot day! Plus kids love Popsicles haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love smoothies and these sound so good!! (Probably better than those donuts I'm about to eat too...thanks Beth. Haha) the baby food I've been making actually tastes very smoothie like, maybe it's the frozen fruit as opposed to fresh. Last night I even (FINALLY) got Wyatt to eat some and he wanted "mow"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those smoothies look delicious! I've been thinking about how I need to start making smoothies. I think it may be a good way to sneak some veggies into Annabelle's diet (and mine... who am I kidding, I don't eat enough veggies either).

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMmmm!! Glad you're getting such good use out of your new blender! Thanks for sharing these recipes -- pinned! Happy Friday, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to make smoothies for Letty! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm officially craving a smoothie. ON NATIONAL DONUT DAY! That's how good you made all of these look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We make a smoothie almost every morning. It's usually just some spinach, mixed frozen fruit, yogurt, flax and chia. But, that tropical smooth sounds AH-MAY-ZING. It's being added to our rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, strawberry oatmeal - I might have to try that one, it sounds delish! :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh dang you've done awesome on your bucket list! only 2 more things to go. and OH MY GOSH you need to open up a smoothie shop because those look so good. The strawberry one especially. YUM
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy!! Now I want a smoothie. The green one sounds similar to our fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those sound delish and I am afraid to use my blender too!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tropical one sounds amazing. Thanks for writing these down so we can try them ourselves!

    Look at you with your bucket list almost all done. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo yum! They all sound great! Saving these recipes for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love anything tropical flavored. How was the green smoothie? I haven't tried one yet. I'm weird and get thrown off by the ingredients. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.