Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DIY Fourth of July Poppers

Fourth of July craft
Want an amusing, cheap, and simple Fourth of July craft? Look no further! I had a ridiculous amount of fun playing with these poppers after I made them. I even ran out of confetti and now need to buy or make more.

Fourth of July craft
Supplies:
Paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls
Festive paper
Balloons
Double sided tape
Festive tape, such as washi
Confetti
Scissors, pen, and a ruler

Fourth of July craft
Cut your paper towel rolls in half if using, or do nothing if you are using toilet paper rolls.

Fourth of July craft
Measure and cut your festive paper to fit your rolls. Measure each separately if your paper towel rolls are various lengths, like mine.

Fourth of July craft
Wrap three pieces of double sided tape around your rolls and attach your festive paper. You only need to wrap the paper once so cut off the excess. Use the festive tape to tape over where the edges of the paper meet.

Fourth of July craft
Cut your balloon in half, and tie the end in a knot. Stretch the balloon over one end of your roll so that it is taunt without bending the roll, and secure with your festive tape.

Fourth of July craft
And, that is it. Just sprinkle in some confetti and gently pull your balloon tail.

Fourth of July craft
Ready?

Fourth of July craft
Pop!

For another easy Fourth of July project check out last year's straw fireworks craft.
Fourth of July craft

17 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Love how easy and fun it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I wish my big kids were around to do this with me! Saving for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the queen of 4th of July crafts! I LOVE this idea and love your super cute pictures! Good timing Chris! Thank you for sharing! I feel like my un-crafty self could actually make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this?! Mia would looooooove these! She'd probably like helping me make them more than actually popping them, ha ha! Now let's see if I can get some motivation to make them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PINNING!!! This will be PERFECT for Marcus to do on the 4th. I know he will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO WAY!!!!!!!! So simple and so genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Olivia would love it! And so much safer than fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun & festive!! Thanks for sharing! Pinned! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea!!! And I like that you are outside when popping it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are pure genius!!! I'll have to collect some TP rolls ASAP and try these for Brielana's 4th of July birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! What a fun idea! The pictures of you popping it are adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so festive, crafty and creative! I love this idea. I may have to make some of these for our 4th of July camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute & fun! I love it. Nice work. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness these are just to cute :). Love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! And that's the perfect action shot! Did Chris take that? Props to the photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these! They look like fun! Love your expression in the photos too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.