Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Happy Half Birthday to You!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Half Birthday
We've started a little tradition where we have a celebratory breakfast on Aria's half birthday - complete with candles and the birthday song. Aria picked out waffles this year (last year it was apple pancakes), so she helped me make up a batch of cinnamon waffles. Yum-my. At least Aria thought so. I didn't get any because Chris and I are doing a paleo reset this month. I haven't had any coffee either because I only like my coffee with excessive amounts of vanilla creamer. It has been delightful.

But, now my little girl is closer to 3 than she is to 2. Baffling. I think she had a pretty good half birthday though - candles, playing in the rain, reading and beanie babies. Here's to another exciting yet exhausting and slightly crazy six months!

19 comments:

  1. So fun! Glad it was a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I might steal it! Hallie's would be right around Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a huge waffle stack! Happy half birthday Princess Aria ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a waffle cake?!?!?!? I didn't even make it past the picture to see what you wrote, I'm just drooling over that waffle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That waffle looks HEAVENLY!
    No coffee? Oh my, how are you surviving??
    Happy Half Birthday, Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet tradition! Good luck on your reset.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want candles in my waffles too! So cute. I love it. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet tradition! And no coffee?? You're either crazy or Super Woman ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good mama. It is so hard to make food that you can't eat.... like the banana bread that I made the rest of the house last night.... UGH. I hear you on the creamer too. I could REALLY go for an Iced coffee right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy half birthday! What a sweet pic of her blowing= out her candles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this tradition! I'm stealing your idea and will have to do it with Reese this weekend :) Love the look on her face too- adorable! And send some of those waffles my way please :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. awhh! what a fun and yummy tradition! happy half birthday to your little cutie!! my personal favorite is blueberry pancakes- SO GOOD!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this tradition, and adore that sweet snapshot!! Happy (belated) Half Birthday to Aria, and Happy Unbirthday to you and Chris! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those waffles look AMAZING! Hope Aria had an amazing 1/2. Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a pretty delicious celebration to me!! Happy 2.5, Aria!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.