Monday, May 25, 2015

Summer Reading Challenge - Announcement!

We are big fans of reading around here. The whole family - although mom is woefully behind on her 2015 reading challenge, oops. It is also something we want to continuously nourish in Aria. We are constantly at the library bringing home a new huge stack of books, and we read every single day.  I was so pleased when Aria started to show an interest in being read to. I had so hoped it would be something she would love as much as I do.

That being said Stephanie, Elizabeth and I came up with a Summer Reading Challenge for the kiddos. Nothing high maintenance, but a fun way to mimic summer reading programs that start up once you get in school. Sometimes we could all use a little motivation to go out and find new books.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Summer Reading Challenge - Announcement!
The challenge is 12 weeks long with the goal being a new book every week - it runs from June 1st to August 20th. Every three weeks there will be a link up to share how the challenge is going, which new books you've been reading, how you've liked them, and any activities you came up with to go along with them, etc etc. The link up dates are: June 18th, July 9th, July 30th, and August 20th.

You can snag the graphic below to keep track of your progress - and who doesn't enjoy checking off things from a list.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Summer Reading Challenge - Announcement!
We've even come up with some themes that you can pick from to add a little bit more fun to the challenge each week. You absolutely do not have to pick books based on these themes or any themes at all. It is just an extra little something to add to your reading goals if you so choose.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Summer Reading Challenge - Announcement!
And, at the end of it all there will be a 'hooray you've completed the challenge' giveaway! A little something for mom and a little something for kiddo - you just need to have joined in on the Summer Reading Challenge and linked up at least once to be eligible.

That is all there is to it. We'd love for you to read with us this summer. I for one am always looking for another good book. Happy reading!

Sweet Turtle Soup

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo! So excited to start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea! Not sure if we'll be reading a lot more once baby gets here, or not at all, but we'll try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the motivation I need to make my way over to the library to pay down some of those fines! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so behind on my reading challenge too. I totally blame it on Outlander. haha. If I do this I could totally catch up. Sounds like I could find some fun, fast summer reads. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound like so much fun, and I love the prompts! We're big fans of reading in our house too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! I like linkups that are easy to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! This could motivate us to get to the library more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute! Marissa is all about reading on her own but maybe Emily and I could do this together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much and Madeline and I will be joining in! Hope to find some new favorites this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! We are planning on getting a library card this summer. Our library is weird...it's on the far opposite end of time and you have to pay for a membership. But, it's at a really cool old building and has tons of history!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.