Friday, May 1, 2015

Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers

Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
I wanted to go a little outside the comfort zone with this item on the Spring Bucket List. I've never managed to keep anything plant-like alive with the exception of my bamboo. And, I sense that the bamboo is one of those plants that you can't kill even if you tried so it probably doesn't count. I thought Aria would enjoy planting a little flower garden and hopefully watching it grow. So, we checked it off the list this week.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
We had this charming little used-to-be-a-garden spot in the front yard we picked out as our new garden location. It just needed a little tlc. All of us got out there and cleaned that sucker out. Got rid of the grass that had taken over, pulled out the submerged rocks, and lined the area with bricks that we happened to already have. (and by 'us' I mean mostly 'Chris'-thanks hun)
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Then we took a trip to the flower department at Home Depot and let Aria pick out some flowers. I picked out the purple ones on the right and dad picked out the green thing all the way on the left. We popped them in the dirt, covered everything with mulch, watered it, and called it a garden.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Let's compare! Here is a before and after - an improvement, yes?
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Plant Flowers
 For the rest of our Spring Bucket List click here!

14 comments:

  1. Such an improvement! I love how just call them things lol. I hope they stay alive for you guys! It looks great! And Aria is just growing so fast!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great improvement!! Gardening is a passion of mine so I love it whenever someone tries!! Just make sure you water them and you should be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And I am dying over Aria's cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so great!!
    I'm pretty sure I have the ability to kill artificial plants, the real things don't stand much chance with me. Kudos to you for planting a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I don't have a good track record with gardens either, but give me a potted orchid and I can maintain those suckers for years. Must have something to do with only having to water them once a month... Love your Spring Bucket List!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your sweet family!! Love seeing you guys checking off those fun bucket list items together! It turned out so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love it! What a great little helper Aria is. Cutest gardener award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I'm with you though, I've never managed to keep anything alive so gardening is discouraging to me. I comfort myself by saying LA is a desert and nothing's supposed to grow here anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I love how a few colorful flowers can totally spruce up your lawn. But, I'm like you, I have a hard time keeping them alive. I haven't planted any yet this year because I've gotten discouraged. Your post may have inspired me to try again though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We did lots of planting this weekend too! Love what you picked; it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, I have a black thumb and can't keep many things alive. I love how your garden turned out though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the flowers!!! But I must say, I once had a bamboo that died - not sure what happened; I'm stickin' with it was sick before I brought it home, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaahhh!!! I love it, it looks amazing. I SUCK at keeping flowers alive. In fact one of my beds in the front has lost 2 of the 3 plants in it. Oooopppps. Unless it's good for food, I can't grow it.

    Are they still alive ;)?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.