Monday, May 18, 2015

Currently: May

Sweet Turtle Soup - Currently: May
What I'm thinking about, working on, and planning...
We've been working our way through our Spring Bucket List - 7 down, 5 to go. I'm already pondering ideas for a Summer version.

We just finished up a couple of weeks of fun with "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" activities. At the time of the post Aria hadn't gotten to play with her moose puppet much, but since then she's had a blast chatting with him. When she got stung by a wasp he made her feel better too. Good moose. Now we are starting on "Bear Wants More" activities. Keep an eye out for that post soon.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Currently: May
What I'm reading...
I've actually made a little progress in The Widow Waltz. But, I have yet to find the time to read much at all now that Aria is off the nap train. Not enough hours in the day.

What I'm reading on the internet... 
All the new baby announcements: Benjamin's Birth Story / Finn's Welcome / Introducing Laney / Mabel just arrived this weekend. Congrats to all the mamas! Waiting on several more to make their appearance over the next months: Ashley's second / Nina's second / Jessica's third / Jamie's second / Courtney's second. I just love baby announcements, baby bumps, and new baby welcomes! I'm sure I've forgotten one or two, there have been so many.

Loved reading Liz's A Letter to my Son with Autism. Beautifully written.

Amanda from Dixie Delights surprised her husband with a kid-free trip to Disney for his 40th Birthday. I'm so jealous it looked like such a fun and relaxing trip!

Really enjoyed reading Beth's homeschooling three part Q&A - part one / two / three.

Great ideas for quiet time boxes from Jenny.

I am so swooning over this rainbow macaron tower from Annie's Eats. Such a pretty party dessert display. I'd love to do it but I'm also a little intimidated by the whole thing!

Sweet Turtle Soup - Currently: May
What I'm watching... 
I've been on a movie kick lately. Watching all my faves in our collection - Leap Year, When Harry Met Sally, Skyfall, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Pride and Prejudice, Something Borrowed, Twister, etc etc. I like to have it on in the back ground while I blog or work on our family yearbook.

Our last Netflix DVD was Into The Woods. It was so strange, but the scene with the two princes singing agony was downright hilarious.

We saw the new Avengers too. I loved it. And, I am looking forward to Jurassic World next month.

I'm also unavoidably watching The Octonauts with little miss Aria. Her latest favorite. We also watched Fern Gully the other day, an old fave of mine.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Currently: May
What I'm loving...
That we have our zoo membership and can pop over for a visit whenever. A nice way to spend a few hours in the morning.

That we can head over to Aria's godfather's house for a treehouse/swimming/Obi & Yoda (the dogs)/baby Olly visit. On our last visit Aria even paid attention to Olly, which she's never done before. I guess she wasn't into the newborn stage.

That we finally got a new washing machine after weeks of trying to fix it, getting more parts, trying to fix it some more, not being able to wash our clothing, getting a new machine only to have it delivered with a crushed in side, waiting to get another new machine, etc etc. I'm happy to say that it is finally here and working. Clean clothes for everybody!

Sweet Turtle Soup - Currently: May
What I'm eating...
I used the marinade from this fajitas recipes, and it was incredible as chicken fajitas. A total must try. We've also had french fry nachos with this as inspiration, this one pot chicken and potatoes dish, these seasoned potatoes, and this ranch cheddar chicken recipe. And, a few old faves that are on constant rotation: cottage pie, veggie potato and sausage skillet, BBQ chicken sweet potatoes, and broccoli cheese soup.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Currently: May
What I'm thankful for...
Having a husband that works hard all week so that I am able to stay at home with Aria. And, then on the weekends when he'd rather be sleeping in and relaxing he takes us to the zoo, to the playground, to the swimming pool, on ice cream dates, to Disney, to the beach, to the library, etc etc. He always puts family as his top priority. Blessed.

15 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check out all of those recipes...yum!! We're the chicken and veggies done on the grill? Wyatt's all of a sudden into Octonauts and Team Umizoomi. Blah...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, thanks for making me drool! That chicken looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw and loved the new Avengers movie and are really excited about Jurassic World too. I have totally been on a movie kick but I have been watching through all my Disney movies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are just so many babies! Something's definitely in the water…
    Jurassic World - yes! I was obsessed with Jurassic Park when it came out eons ago. I'm hoping Scott and I can slip away and actually see this one in an actual theatre *gasp*
    Oh my gosh - Fern Gully! That move was so great and I feel like it was one that just kind of slipped by. I'm going to have to dig around for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these posts and all of the pregnancy announcements and updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that Agony number. It cracks me up every time. But the movie was so not what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is sweet.
    that chicken looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fern Gully...such a classic! And yay for zoo memberships! Liam & I go almost weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Octonuats hahahha funny show! Those recipes all look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time you post in your spring bucket list, I think of the fact that I need to make one. NEED. I think I'm gonna do one for summer because there are so many fun things I want to do! I don't want to forget anything.
    Thank you for the shout out and the sweet words! You're the best my friend! XO
    Umm, your food... always looks and sounds amazing! Can I come over for dinner?
    And YAY for amazing husbands! I'm trying to figure out what to do for mine for Father's Day because I think he deserves the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet hubby you've got, he definitely deserves a shoutout :) And so many babies! I didn't know about half of them, so going to check them out now. Thanks for the shoutout sweet friend! So much good stuff in this post. Yay for a brand new washing machine and movie date nights! I loved Avengers too. Joe was kinda eh about it, because he loves the first one so much. Can't wait for Jurassic World!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your meals always sound so yummy! Seriously, I need to have you come cook for us. It is crazy how many babies are on their way :) We just saw the Avengers 2 movie and loved it! I think it had been about 2-3 years since we were last in the theater. And wow was the sound loud (or maybe I'm just old :). Yay for a new washing machine! That would make me very excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Umm... can I come over for dinner?! Holy cow, your list of food sounds AMAZING!
    I'm dyyyying to go on a date with Eric and see the Avengers!
    You guys really are having the most fun on the weekends, I love it! And live vicariously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be random:

    Ummm that chicken looks AMAZING! SO many blog babies being born. I absolutely can not wait to squeeze Miss Mabel. I wish a zoo was closer. Having a hard working guy IS such a blessing and thanks for the shout out friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post! And whoa BABY...so many new babes! Love it. :) And yay for a Zoo pass. We haven't visited ours yet this year, but are wanting to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.