Friday, April 24, 2015

Spring Bucket List - Try out a New Park

Spring Bucket List - Try out a New Park
I hate going to our local park because it is a sand park, and I hate sand. A lot. But, we also don't make the effort to hit up one of the other million parks in the area. Thus it made its way onto the Spring Bucket List! And, not only did we hit up one new park we hit up four.

 Up first we found a pirate park! How cute, yes? And, no sand!
Arc Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
We managed to visit it at the same time as a play group, so there were a lot of other kids that made Aria a little shy. There was this one boy who asked her to play and she never said a word to him, but she did follow him around for a bit. She has mama's social skills.
Arc Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Arc Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Aria's favorite part was the treasure chest. And, she will still mention it if you ask her about the pirate park. She was pretty bummed it wouldn't open, even though she tried with dad's keys.
Arc Park, Brevard County Playgrounds

Verdict: We'd go again!

We stumbled upon the next park because it is next to a local library. Sadly, there is sand. The playground itself is pretty lackluster. But, the area is excellent. Look at all those pretty trees, and it was right on the intracoastal waterway.
Pineapple Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Pineapple Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
I really liked the swing set up personally. The playground bit was on sand, but the swings were elevated on something like bouncy mulch...maybe with that much mulch it is just bouncy. I am not sure. I just know that I stepped up onto it and almost fell over because I was not expecting bounce. Aria played for a few minutes and swung for a while, before we wandered over to the water.
Pineapple Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Pineapple Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Pineapple Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
I'd say this fish shaped bike rack was Aria's favorite bit. Honestly, we couldn't talk her into getting off of it for quite a while. We probably spent 3 or 4 times longer by the water, dock, rocks, and bike rack then the actual playground.

Verdict: We wouldn't seek it out, but if mom needed to hit up this particular library I'm sure dad and Aria could enjoy themselves by the water.

Other than park #2 I looked up parks in our area and tried to figure out which ones we should go to based on attempts to find out if it was sandy or not. This one I thought was a lot closer, and it ended up being the furthest one away. Clearly I cannot read a map. But, it was not sandy and bonus there was a cover over the whole thing.
Fred Lee Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Fred Lee Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Aria loved the rock climbing bit. She probably spent 2/3rds of the time in this area.
Fred Lee Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Fred Lee Park, Brevard County Playgrounds

Verdict: If it was a little bit closer it would be great, especially the covering because the playsets get so hot in the Florida sun. We'd definitely stop by if we were in the area for another reason though. Based on length of stay and effort of dragging Aria away, I'd say this was her favorite.

This one was my personal favorite. I think this one is probably the closest out of the parks we go to, including old favorites.  It isn't sandy. The whole thing is fenced in. There are bathrooms. The playset is nice, and has a lot of different bits. We even had the whole thing to ourselves. Downside, no trees to shade anything and no covers to keep the sun off. It. was. hot. We actually went earlier in the day than we normally would, and Aria was pink cheeked in minutes. The slides were too hot so she slid down on mom or dad instead. We spent the least amount of time here.
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
But, look at that! Doesn't it look nice? There are swings to the right and a rock wall to the left.
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
I climbed up the slide, so Aria thought she needed to as well but couldn't quite make it. Mom helped.
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Then she insisted on helping dad.
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
On top of the rock wall, which was more like a huge boulder with foot/hand grips. I thought it looked pretty neat.
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds
Max K Rodes Park, Brevard County Playgrounds

Verdict: I've been hoping to find a time to go back since we first visited last weekend, but it has been rainy every day. One of these late afternoons when it is drier and hopefully cooler we shall return!

Spring Bucket List - Try out a New Park
For the rest of our Spring Bucket List click here!

27 comments:

  1. That pirate park!! And aria is a lucky little lady to log so much park time. I'm embarrassed to admit I lack in the park department big time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Last summer, the kids and I were on a "new park hunt" and scouted out tons of different places in our little suburb. I liked how unique they are were. Funny enough, sand parks are my favorite because the kids will sit and dig for so long (lol! but I know you have a hatrid for sand) and it's easier to keep an eye on two kids when they're semi-stationary. Your pirate park looked really neat! I just talked to a friend who visited a park in AZ and it was covered outdoors. I'd never thought of that -- the equipment must get really hot in the FL and AZ sun. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pirate playground?? How cool!! AND a covered playground? GENIUS! They just built a GORGEOUS playground at our elementary school with NO shade....it baffles me why they didn't do any covering, but it's still so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! How come the scenery is so gorgeous!? Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh the sand! I feel you on that! And ALL the parks in AZ are sand. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is the Pirate park? # 2 is Eau Gallie library park, # 3 was that one Fred Lee? # 4 looks like Rhodes park. You guys look like you had fun. Look for Ballard park, it is on the river as well (but it is sand :( )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for a pirate park!!! From all those smiles it looks like this line of the bucket list was a blast for Aria! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you created a list! That is a great way to ensure you are spending lots of family time. I did this last summer and it was wonderful. That pirate park is awesome! My little guy would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exploring new parks is such fun! We have a plethora of parks and Kinsey's taken to naming them; "daddy's old park", "two red parks", "our park" just to give you a sample. Not a fan of sand either but a lot of parks are going towards fibar (wood chips) these days, so maybe its being phased out?! We can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving the pirate park! Park dates are so fun. I love to sit back and watch them explore and just be happy. Aria is such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pirate park is so cool! I want to play there. Haha! Looks like you guys are having so much fun this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What cool parks! I especially like the pirate one and the one with the huge covering. I wish some of ours were covered like that. Playgrounds do get really hot in the summer, which is never fun. I love all the different settings they're in- they look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness I think I would go crazy if our parks here had SAND... I can only imagine the mess! Looks like Aria had such a good time exploring new playsets! Love your idea for a bucket list- I might have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok first off Aria needs to stop being so adorable! oh my gaw that smile is so so cute!!! Seeing as I live in the PNW and we get like 15 days of sun the whole idea of a park being too hot is completely foreign to me, however since we get a lot of rain I am sure those covers would come in handy in these parts as well ... just for keeping things dry. With that in mind, I think its so great that there are parks with the covers!! And that Pirate Park is so so cool. Andplusalso I hate sand too, I would avoid parks at all costs if they were covered in sand...I have a hard enough time with play chips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pirate themed park looks awesome! & I've never seen a park with a cover before...but I'm up in Wisconsin where we welcome any sun we can get! Tee hee! Glad that you were able to check another thing off your list. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, that pirate park is amazing!!! Wow! I wish we had one of those around here, my son would love it! I think playground pics are the best. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun new parks! When we lived in Lubbock, TX, there are actually a bunch of great parks and I miss them all the time! #1 and #4 look like my favorite out of these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness so many parks so little time! I hate sand. And I hate parks! I feel like they are death traps. But that's just Letty and her Crazy moves!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That pirate park looks amazing. My little guy would freak right out if we went to a pirate themed playground, I can just imagine the stories he'd come up with. We'd probably have to drag him out, haha. Looks like you all had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pirate park looks awesome! We have a few pirate-y parks around us, but none look as cool as yours!
    Like you, it gets so dang hot here. We have a park literally less than a 1/4 a mile from us - totally within walking distance, but there isn't a single tree or tarp to provide shade. So, we NEVER go to that park. We always end up at the same park, almost daily. I need to take a cue from you and check out a few new ones in our area!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny how we become park connoisseurs once we have a toddler in the house ;) Sun shades and no sand is definitely the winning combo! Love that pirate park too. And that picture of Aria running down the pier, all wild and free. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What sweet pictures! I hate sand too. Yuck! But what beautiful scenery by the water!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Park #1 looks super awesome!!! Mason would have a blast at a pirate themed park!
    And park #4 sounds perfect with no sand and that cover. The park we have across the street from us has a small cover which provides some nice shade but it's small and I get so bored there. On the hunt for more parks with coverings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many awesome parks!! I can't decide which one is my favorite! #1 just looks awesome! So much detail in something so fun! But #3...it's covered!! That's definitely a huge plus in my book! I'm so glad our parks don't have sand. Although, getting rocks all in your shoes is really no fun either...tennis shoes are a must! Hope yall are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look like awesome parks! Such a fun idea to look for new parks to play on! I love the pirate one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay. That first park rocked! How fun you're doing this for you daughter. I know there are so many parks around here I have yet to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE that pirate park! Try a new park so I'll try 5 new ones - way to over achieve too! Looks like a lot of fun actually! I'm hoping to explore some parts here soon since we don't have a swing set or slide in our backyard. There's a small one the lake association owns but they haven't put the swings out yet. And I found a pretty awesome looking one in our teeny tiny country town lol! I know there's lots near the gym and in "town" but if it's not easy I'm not very likely to do it! But you may have inpsired me to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.