Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring Bucket List - Easter Hunt at Disney's Epcot

Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Easter Hunt at Disney's Epcot
Hunting for Easter eggs at Epcot is probably my favorite item on our Spring Bucket List! And, it almost didn't happen. I messed up how long it was running and when I realized my mistake we squeezed it in the next day. Of course when we got to Epcot they'd already completely run out of the egg maps, which I mean come on Disney not acceptable. You could still find the eggs, but it was a little lacking without the cute map with stickers for each egg location/character. Plus, we didn't get to add a new Disney egg to our collection of one. So lessons learned - double check dates and go early next year.
Walt Disney World's The Boardwalk Inn
Walt Disney World's The Boardwalk Inn - boating to the International Gateway
Sunglasses: Firmoo c/o
We started off with a visit to our favorite resort, Disney's Boardwalk, and then boated over to Epcot for some egg hunting.

But, first some fish and chips in the United Kingdom and a stroll through the English gardens. By the way, Aria absolutely insisted on wearing her fancy princess dress for Disney egg hunting.
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase - English Gardens
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase - English Gardens
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase - English Gardens
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase - English Gardens
 And then we were off on our hunt!
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Aria just wanted to let the duck know that the Easter egg was up there on top of the roof.
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
 A quick pit stop for some bubble tea and candied strawberries.
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Guys, it was so hot. And, it is only getting hotter as summer approaches. Aria was totally over the heat by Germany. Mom and dad weren't far behind. Sunscreen, something refreshing to drink, and sunnies were a must.

Have you heard of Firmoo? It is an online eyeglasses store. They contacted me to review a pair, so I snagged a pair of funky green sunglasses (since I don't wear glasses, even though I probably should). They have a ton of options, it was hard to pick BUT even better they run great deals - they just ran a special for Easter and right now you can get 50% off your first pair, etcetc. Who couldn't use an extra pair of sunglasses or a couple new frames for the spring? Cute, affordable, and the costumer service was top notch. Plus, the glasses case it comes with is one of Aria's fave things to steal. So it is safe to say she is a fan. And, I'm pretty sure I need a pink pair to add to the collection, yes? Be sure to pop over if your eyes are in need of a little shade or if you are a responsible adult and have a glasses prescription!
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Most of the eggs are hidden high up, but this one was eye level enough for Aria to find all on her own. They others were more like, 'hmm Aria do you see any eggs? have you looked right there?' *points directly at egg.
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Enjoying a little shade for 3 seconds until I had to run off after Aria who found her favorite thing ever...stairs.
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
We normally avoid buying bottled water at the parks because it costs an arm and a leg, but the convenience of just getting some cold water outweighed the frugality of finding a semi-cool water fountain.
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
Walt Disney World's Epcot World Showcase Easter Egg Hunt
We did it! We found all 12 Easter eggs! We boated back over to the Boardwalk and to our car. The plan was to go find something for dinner on the way back home, but Aria passed out before we even got out of the parking lot. So, straight home we went. Easter egg hunts are exhausting. But, I'm so glad we were able to go and mark it off of our Spring Bucket List!

p.s. The eggs were not in the same spots as last year. We weren't sure if they shuffled them around or not. But, they did!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Spring Bucket List - Easter Hunt at Disney's Epcot

*Firmoo sent me a pair of glasses in exchange for a review, all opinions are my own. Find out more about Firmoo on facebook, twitter or pinterest.

26 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't think any Easter egg hung can top one at Disney!!! You guys hit the ultimate jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no clue Epcot did this. Such a fun way to spend the day. I totally want to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT a lucky little girl Aria is! Seriously. To get to play in Disney as often as she does. So lucky. And what a fun thing they do! I had no idea! Love it. Minus missing the map. And the heat. Because goodness you guys look like you are wilting. I do love the sunnies! can't believe that you don't wear them ALL THE TIME. I just broke my last pair so I am in the market as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! She is such a lucky little girl to do so much fun Disney stuff with you guys. I had no idea they did an egg hunt (well, I know nothing about Disney, so that shouldn't be surprising to me). Can't wait to see what adventure you guys do next! Love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family and I were at Epcot during our spring break/college tour trip. My sons and their cousin who is interning for Disney this semester, did two rides with us and then went park hopping. My sweet husband and I got to go around the world one drink and snack at a time. At first it was delicious and great. We started out at Mexico. We shared snacks, ate lightly. By the time we got to France, my husband decided to bonkers and bought about 50 bucks worth of pastry. I've been to the real Paris before (twice) and I have to say that those pastries at Epcot are just as good or better. Problem was, I was so full that I was ready to vomit so we hightailed past the rest of the countries to get back to hotel for a nap! Aria looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea Disney did yearly egg hunts?! You are giving Aria such a magical childhood, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, SO fun! I love that you guys are able to go to Disney so much... one day I'll get there. One Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun little adventure!! Love that you guys always have these disney escapes! And girlfriend is styling in her princess dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so fun!! But bless your heart, that heat! Ugh, I don't handle sweating with grace...I basically turn into a whiny 2 year old. ha. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like the best way to hunt for Easter eggs ever! Shame on Epcot for running out of maps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christyn and I had a ball "joining you" on your Epcot Easter egg hunt via this super FUN post!! I adore how you labeled the pics with those cute arrows. :) Aria looked like such a doll in her "princess dress"! How sweet that she insisted on wearing it! It made for such cute pics! Christyn wants me to tell you how much she loved that Aria was showing that duck her egg - hehe! :) Such a bummer that you couldn't get a map and in turn didn't get to collect an egg this year. :( This post documenting the adventures of your hunt will be fun to remember it by though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like even though it was hot you guys had so much fun! I just love seeing all your pictures from Disney World all the time. :-) So glad you were able to make it to hunt eggs this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely a fan of the bucket list. So much that we have a weekly series on bucket list. nice you have two things checked off your spring list already. cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no idea that Disney did egg hunts! How cool! Despite the heat and no map, it looks like you all had a fabulous time. I think I need to out that on my bucket list, heehee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well now I have a new thing on my bucket list. I'm so excited for my up coming Epcot vaca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Op, take it back off! The egg hunt only lasts a limited amount of time. It ended the day after this trip, so it is a couple weeks over now. You'll have plenty of fun without it though.

      Delete
  16. Love this event!!!! So much fun! At first when I was looking at the pictures, I didn't see the arrow and totally was like "she didn't include pictures of the eggs?" That's so cool they are so large and hidden all around the place. Love you glasses too btw, I need some new spectacles of the non-sunglass variety. ha

    ReplyDelete
  17. An Easter hunt at Disney?! I'm pretty sure that it doesn't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much fun! I love the themed easter eggs in the different countries! Way to go (as usual) Disney! Very fun sun glasses too. :) Cold water totally worth the money... poor lady she just looks hot in the last few photos :( Glad you guys got this checked off and escaped the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks fun! Too bad about the maps, but at least you got to find them all. You and Aria always have such the cutest dresses- I love that pink and green one! Always love the Disney posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute. and arya looks so pretty in her floral dress :)
    you guys are so lucky to be so close to Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The eggs are cute! And much bigger than I was expecting. Too bad about the maps and prizes though. Next year we're definitely do this! I want to start a cute Disney egg collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jumping over from Blog Love FB page - - - So fun that you guys are close enough to Disney to go often. This looks like a lot of fun. We were there during Food and Wine week, but had 3 young kids with us and I was 36 weeks pregnant. I wasn't able to tour the countries like I would've wished. :( Maybe next time! Glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. GAH! So much fun! I'm hoping we can do this at DL next year. We totally failed this year.
    And those sunnies are C-U-T-E!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1. How do you get away with bringing such a small bag with you to Disney? Is there a larger bag hidden somewhere? I have a bigger bag just for my everyday let alone going to Disney!
    2. How fun is the Easter egg hunt?! I wish they did that here though there is not nearly as cool of places to hide them. Makes me think we need to make a trip to visit sometime in the Easter time frame so we can do these cool hunt too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is absolutely no better place to have an Easter egg hunt than at Disney World! I can just imagine how many kids were hopping around excitedly, looking for bright Easter eggs. Anyway, Aria looks beautiful in her dress. She looks like a true Disney princess, indeed. Thanks for sharing all about your fun adventure, Courtney! I hope you get to enjoy more moments like that. All the best to your family! :)

    Hugh Morton @ London Business Games

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.