Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Day in the Life - Spring edition

Our day: Tuesday, April 7th 2015 - Aria is 2 years and 4 months old.

7:25 am | My alarm goes off. I move just enough to turn it off and then check facebook to keep myself from falling immediately back to sleep.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

7:30 am | I wake up enough to open both eyes so I slide out of bed and turn the light on. I open up my laptop so I can start a DitL note to keep track of times and things. I feed the cat, and the dogs (realize they need more food or they won't be eating soon). I give the internet a kick because it never works until you reset the stupid thing in the morning, and I turn on Chris' computer for him.

7:34 am | I grab a nice cold ice water. I brush my teeth, wash my face, run a brush through my hair.
 
7:45 am | I head back to my room and check the monitor - Aria is still asleep so I crawl into bed and pop on the computer. I check my blog's social media and then I read a few posts.

8:10 am | I notice Aria waking up, so I finish up the blog I'm reading.

8:15 am | Time to start the day. I go into Aria's room. She's a happy camper in the mornings - usually chattering away the moment I open her door, 'morning mama, morning mama, no nap, no nap, bad, princess dress, beautiful, bow too'.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
I turn the monitor off, because it kills the wireless signal in the house. Aria and I discuss today's outfit while I get her in a fresh diaper. She picks the orange princess dress that is really a romper and a pink bow for her hair. Her hair is a little nutty so I try to spritz it with some water to tame it. It sort of works.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:25 am | Now that Aria is ready to face the day we go in and grab the pups from my room so they can go outside. Aria plays with her softball, I talk her into taking a pic with mama, and we spot some butterflies.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:35 am | The dogs have finished their business so Aria wants to go back inside. Although I don't know why since it is so nice out and will not be shortly, but lately she's only spent a few minutes outside in the morning. I get the pups fresh water while Aria steals my sunglasses. Then I get 'dressed' in my fave lounge outfit - pj pants and a tank top.

8:42 am | Baxter is feeling playful, and Aria is banging her piano with a mallet.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

8:49 am | I've had a hankering for french toast roll ups for a few days, so today's the day. I start making them while Aria snacks on a piece of bread and annoys Baxter. When Aria finishes her bread and washes it down with some milk she goes and plays by great grandma.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:18 am | The french toast rolls ups are done and cooling. Cream cheese plus nutella with bananas and strawberries...rolled in cinnamon sugar. They are killer!
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:28 am | I finally talked her into washing her hands and getting into her high chair for breakfast.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:45 am | We are done with breakfast, Aria licked the sugar cinnamon off her french toast but ate all of her strawberries while I ate three roll ups myself and felt like I could possibly explode. I saved the last one for Chris.

9:45 am | I clean up the kitchen, while Aria drags great grandma off to make messes in her room - it is her specialty, mess making.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

9:51 am | I sit and contemplate how good a nap sounds.

9:52 am | I get up and go peek in on Aria in great grandma's room then check the status of the laundry. I collect it all into one hamper, but it can wait another day to collect some more for washing.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Baxter feels like playing. Lizzy comes to see what is going on. We toss the toy a few times and play tug until they are over it, which doesn't take long.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

10:10 am | Great grandma calls me into her room to show me Aria trying to stack boxes up so that she can climb up them to reach the dresser. Trouble maker that one. Aria isn't ready to stop playing in great grandma's room so I go plop on the couch.

10:40 am | Aria is done in the room. I think I fell asleep on the couch. She runs out to find me but doesn't see me on the couch. She does another lap of the house before spotting me. My blue pants must have made me blend in.

10:43 am | She told me all about her adventures in great grandma's room - something about a key.

10:46 am | Then we go back outside. Aria runs all over, twirls, and spots more butterflies - we've got a ton in the yard.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

11:03 am | I suggest we go play in the hose water to cool off, and Aria immediately strips. She waters the plants, washes her softball, and soaks mom in the process.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring editionSweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

11:30 am | Time to go back inside to get out of the sunshine. I get us dried off and in fresh clothing.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

11:37 am | I realize I need to start making lunch so I put on an episode of Sofia for Aria while I make lunch. Shrimp and green beans today, plus grapes for Aria. She seems like she is digging her Sofia. Shortly thereafter she spills the milk all over herself so she needs another fresh outfit.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

12:04 pm | Dad comes home from work for his lunch break.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

12:11 pm | I make myself a smoothie since I'm still full from breakfast. Aria carefully watches dad while he peels an Easter egg, and then asks to try it - 'I'll try it!' - which is really just code for let me eat your food. Chris also enjoyed his saved french toast roll up as a lunch snack.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
 
12:21 pm | Chris heads back to work. Aria is still eating. I'm still working on my smoothie.

12:30 pm | Done and done. I clean up the plates and the kid.

12:33 pm | Aria insists that it is 'nice outside mama' even though the porch is so hot you can't walk on it barefoot.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

12:45 pm | Aria runs a few laps around the yard before I talk her back inside. Right after lunch it is just much too hot for any backyard fun.

12:47 pm | We head into Aria's room for mess making, book reading, and a diaper change.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

1:55 pm | We go get the mail and brush teeth.

2:00 pm | Aria's newest obsession on Disney Jr is the Octonaut show, so she gets her TV/down time when that comes on. She also gets her snack, today popcorn, and some milk. I get myself an iced chai tea latte and bring my laptop out by Aria.

2:25 pm | I start to feel nauseous so I curl up on the couch instead. When Aria's show is over the thought of moving makes me feel like death so I continue to not move and she watches Mickey Mouse. I lose track of my DitL notes until Chris gets home from work.

3:50 pm | Dad comes home from work. Aria and I are reading on the couch. I'm feeling almost completely fine again. Aria even helped me out by running to her room and grabbing me a diaper so I didn't have to move - two year olds, not so terrible after all.

But, when Chris gets home from work she wants to go outside and drive her little pink car around. She is actually driving it herself lately too, which is mostly a disaster but highly entertaining to watch.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Baxter is hanging out with me in the shade.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Lizzy wishes she was.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
After Aria has had her fill of driving she sits on my lap while Chris drives the empty car around.

4:40 pm | Back inside.

4:42-4:44 pm | I step back outside to let Baxter inside and Aria loses her shit thinking I'm going outside when she wants to be inside. I haul her into her room until she collects herself and apologizes. She is quick to lose it but quick to regain it, so I suppose it is not so bad. Without her naps she is a nutso bird by 4 so evening tantrums are the normal along with over tired hyper energizer bunny. But, when her head hits her pillow she is out cold.

4:44 pm | Aria and I play with her i.spy book while dad runs to the store for bread and coffee.

4:57 pm | Aria stops listening to me when I tell her to leave the curtain cord alone so I haul her back to her room until she remembers that she needs to listen to the mama.

5:01 pm | She is ready to come back out to the living room again.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

5:17 pm | Chris is back from the store.

5:18 pm | Time for a spinning/dance party. 'Mama dance with me' has to be one of the cutest things ever uttered.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

5:35 pm | There are plenty of leftovers still so it is a fend for yourself type of evening. I start to work on chopping veggies for a salad, and gathering up odds and ends for Aria's plate.

6:01 pm | My salad is ready to go, along with lots of leftovers to go around.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
I asked her to make an angry face :)
 
7:09 pm | Dinner is finished so we clean up plates and the kid.

7:27 pm | Aria is all set for bed in her pink pajamas and fresh diaper. Aria picks a book for mom and dad to each read - Chris reads Nelly Gnu and I read Pinkalicious. Hugs and kisses. Mom tucks her in while dad turns on the stars and the rain. Sometimes she asks dad for a spin or for us to sing a couple songs, but usually she just needs a couple books and a tuck in.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

7:39 pm | Lights out. Dad says his good nights and mom sits in the room for a minute before leaving. This is a newly landed on routine. With Aria not napping and being exhausted by bedtime the crankiness was at an all time high. But if I sit with her for just a minute and then say good night she is almost always a peach. Sometimes she doesn't even need the whole minute and she will ask me to hold her hand, which she then kisses and says 'love you mama, good night'. I take that as you can go now. That is how it plays out tonight...I sit for half a minute, get a sweet hand kiss, and I'm out the door.

7:54 pm | I usually jump right in the shower after I close Aria's door because I tend to smell delightful after several bouts of outside play sessions in the Florida heat. So, I'm done with my shower and by the time I check Aria's monitor she is out like a light. Time to open up some Moscato, pop in He's Just Not That Into You, and hop on the laptop for some blogging, fiddling around, and blog reading. Tuesdays Chris does his online gaming thing, so there is no sense in even trying to talk to him.
Sweet Turtle Soup: A Day in the Life - Spring edition

10:44 pm | Time to call it quits and go to bed.

The end.

Joining Julia for the DitL round up!

And, you can find all my other Day in the Life posts here.

16 comments:

  1. You know, I love your day. That sounds marvelous, mind if I come on down from Wisconsin & join ya? :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these types of posts! I wake up at 6:15 and seriously snooze my alarm for like at least a half hour. What a doll Aria is when you find her in her crib in the morning! What a nice big backyard you have! Your days look so fun and full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off...why can't I wake up with perfect hair like Arias?? It's so pretty! Also, if there are still leftovers...send them this way. Hahaha, cracking up at her mad driving skills. I'm glad Wyatt's not the only one driving into everything. I try to avoid it since his daddy likes to keep it in the high gear, aka, fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that romper- super cute! So is Aria totally done with naps?? I am dreading when that day comes. Thankfully, Reese still takes good naps, but it takes her a while to fall asleep at night, so she's usually not asleep until 8:15-8:30. And then we have to wake her at 6:15 during the week. I love reading about your days- they sound so low key and nice, especially getting to go outside right away in the morning. And I'll join Mandie in coming down from WI to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these posts! Aria is such a little princess. The good night hand kiss melts me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when people do these. I always think I am going to do one of these, but then I never do...must remember to do that sometime. Also no naps! Oh my goodness! My 4.5 year old still takes naps, thankfully! I am really dreading when the day comes he doesn't nap...your food always looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling over your warm FL weather! I can't wait for the day our deck is too hot to stand on :)

    Aria is cute as always. I can't believe she's done napping already! We're going through that stage with Tory, too, and the late afternoons can be a bit tantrum-y somedays. It's tough!

    Thanks for sharing your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed that you set an alarm and wake before Aria! Liam is my alarm, ha! Also that girl wakes up looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does Aria not take naps anymore or did I miss that in post? If she doesn't, wow, you have a full day! Hats off to you! Those French toast roll ups look amazing! Looks like a fun day and your grandma and Aria together is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always blown away that you "make" an actual lunch meal. Your such a fabulous wifey! I have a DITL post I need to throw together before the babe comes. I feel for ya and those uber long days with no naps girlfriend. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I love seeing how other mamas spend their days. I'm sure you get tired of the Florida heat, but it's awesome that you get to spend so much time playing outside! Also, all your leftovers look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it it so fantastic that she gets to spend so much time with her great grandma! And can I just say what I wouldn't give to have a kid sleep till after 8.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha. Give the internet a kick. I love it. Mine is usually "give the internet a smack". It's on a table so it's harder to kick :)
    French toast roll ups?!?! YES please! Recipe???
    I love that she totally strips down to play in the water. Nevermind the diaper, I'm going au natural this morning mom!
    I also love how Aria lays on Chris to read her story before bed.
    PS is she done with naps??? You are super mom! I COUNT on those things on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love her morning chatter. So funny she wakes up dreading the nap. Those French toast roll ups sound so yummy. Also, between the nausea, the cravings, and the fend for yourself dinner this post makes it sound like you've got some news to share ;) Until you get to the moscato part, which I am highly jealous of.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE that she lets you get her dressed so quickly in the mornings -- that is our biggest battle to getting out of the house! But i've never tried getting her dressed right away either -- that might be the trick. Except her new routine is to come out of her room and snuggle with me in my bed while she watches a show and since that's the only snuggle time I get I kinda don't wanna give it up :) Anyway I love all your food... shrimp and green beans sounds like an awesome meal! Glad you weren't sick -- that's no good for mama's! totally with you on the no naps = easy bedtimes and it's worth it! Also we get the crazy stuff at the end of the day too - the melt downs oddly happen earlier in the day for us usually. Oh and I LOVE that you take her to her room to calm down, listen, etc. Time outs are a joke here but take a girl or tell her to go to her room works every single time! Totally jealous of all your outside time! Oh and how funny we both ended our DITL with wine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute picture of the two of you. Reminds me that I need to get in more pictures with my kid.

    We also have an Octonaut obsession in our house. It started with the show and grew to books and bath toys.

    That little pink car is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.