Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Historical-ness: That Time I was Pregnant

Chris and I found out we were pregnant with Aria at the end of April 2012 with a due date of January 10th 2013.
baby bump progress
We had the anatomy scan towards the end of September 2012, and found out it was a she! The mystery of waiting until the big day is not for me. It took Chris and me the next month to agree on a name. And, I loved knowing that those kicks and wiggles were attached to a little girl. I had had precisely one gender dream, and in that dream she was a girl. I'd always thought I'd be a boy mom, but I just had a feeling that she was indeed a she. Chris was thrilled, he was hoping for a little girl.
anatomy scan
We also had a gender reveal party. I made a double layer cookie cake and piped the correct color between the layers. We thought it was a fun way to share our pink news.
Gender Reveal Cookie Cake
Aria's godmother, Silvana, threw us a baby shower and my gosh we were showered. I guess people like shopping for babies, because I was blown away by the sheer amount of goodies Aria got. We also decided to reveal her name at our shower. I think we'd only officially landed on Aria Finley the week leading up to the shower. We printed up little hangman style cards with the first letter of her first and middle name, and then had people guess. There wasn't any sort of intense theme, but since it was in October it was a general Halloween type theme. I thought the invitations were the cutest things I'd ever seen. I'd pop a picture in, but I can't find one. Plus, I love Halloween so it fits perfectly.
Baby Shower
It was a pretty easy pregnancy - mild nausea, occasional killer headaches, and plenty of lower back and hip pain. I was exhausted and had swollen feet, run of the mill kind of stuff. But, she still decided to come at 34 weeks and 4 days. Impatient, I suppose. I was asleep on Sunday morning, December 2nd, and all of a sudden my water broke. I immediately awoke and sprinted (waddled) to the bathroom. Next thing we knew we were at the hospital and I was hooked up to all the monitors and in labor. Twelve hours later she was here, our perfect tiny girl.

And, that catches everything up to the point where I started this blog. So, this is the final post in my 'historical-ness' series. If you missed any of the previous posts, you can find them here: 1: How We Met, 2: The First Three Years, 3: Baxter, 4: Lizzy, 5: Life in Colorado, 6: First Summer Back in Florida, 7: Our Last Months Before We Got Married, 8: Our Wedding Day - part one, 9: Our Wedding Day - part two, 10: Honeymoon Day #1, 11: Honeymoon Day #2, 12: Honeymoon Day #3, 13: Bachelorette Parties & Tough Mudders, and 14: Disney Pass.

21 comments:

  1. She just couldn't wait to join the world!!! This series was such a good idea. I wish I had been blogging during Letty's pregnancy and so on. I forget too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you looked beautiful preggo!! How fun to do a gender reveal. I didn't even know that was a thing until after Callie was born ha! And the shower sounds like a blast and a fun way to share Arias name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great way to see you before the blog started, great idea! That cookie??? You're speaking to my sugar cravings now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! Love your gender reveal!!! Also I have 20% off one of my fave etsy shops on my blog today! Great girls items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute idea for a gender reveal! And I love her name!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were so cute pregnant! I loved your chalkboard sign too- I didn't do anything nearly that creative. And ohmygosh that cookie... I need one! I also had a dream that Reese was a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. January 10th is my daughters birthday! Born just this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize she was born at 34 weeks! Such excitement! Love seeing your pregnancy journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your historicalness posts- kinda sad to see them end. I totally knew my first was a girl and had one gender dream too. Did Aria's coming early have any indication of her personality? Kinsey was 10 days early but man, she was always early in her monthly milestones and speech too! Now the second girl was a complete mystery genderwise to me and it was so wonderful to know we were having another girl :) Brielana is our mellow baby by far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing these magical moments in your life. So many times women forget to enjoy pregnancy or feel miserable and want it to be over. Every moment is special. That may be why your little one was in such a hurry to get into this world. Either that or she knew how much she would be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cute chalk boards as you document your pregnancy. I never documented my pregnancies like that. I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, where did you come up with the name Aria? I think of Aria, I think of Arya Stark from the Game of Thrones series. Also, I have a friend who's daughter is also an Aria but I don't think that you got it from her. Ha!

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are adorable pregnant. Maybe you should try it again? ;)
    LOVE the cookie cake reveal.
    I had one dream with Marcus that he was a boy, and I've had one dream with this one that it is a boy. I seriously believe #2 is a boy. This momma will be outnumbered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love looking back! I think you have the baby fever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally thought you were doing this post for a different reason. ;) Loved taking the trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so cute pregnant!! I LOVE your chalkboards!
    I also love the way you did the cookie to reveal the gender! I totally spoiled it when the ultrasound tech gave us her guess way early and that was basically how I told people that Mason was a boy... through text. Not very Pinterest-y! LOL. Oh and I LOVE that Chris was so excited to be a girl dad. So so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaahhhhh. So much fun you looked so cute. I agree I think it's great when the guy is so excited about having a girl so many get wrapped up in wanting a son. That cookie is legit to, super impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh. Must. Have. Cookie. Cake. Such a fun way to announce the gender! We briefly thought about doing a gender reveal party this time around, since we don't want another shower. But then I thought nah, too much work for the lazy pregnant lady. Sorry baby #2 ;) Love all the pregnancy photos. The chalkboard theme is such a great idea. Too bad I have zero artistic ability. And so scary that Aria decided to come 5 weeks early. Thankfully everything worked out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely LOVEEE Aria's middle name!! I don't think I ever knew what it was!! And not surprisingly your cookie cake and chalkboards look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! And what a great idea for a series...I may have to steal this idea! haha Great job on the chalkboards - very impressive! Thanks for linking up with us for Tuesday Talk! -Jess
    Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.