Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day - 3 Days of Shenanigans!

The leprechauns came, caused mischief, left treasure, and are now back in Ireland until next St. Paddy's day. We have a special coin that invites a pair of leprechaun brothers to visit us for the three nights leading up to the big day, the 17th. It is our Naughty Leprechaun tradition.

Basically there are three nights where twin leprechaun brothers, Liam and Leyland, visit leading up to St. Paddy's day. Liam leaves treasures, while Leyland causes mischief but leaves treats. There is a coin that kids leave out with the face of the twin they want to visit that night facing up. And, if they've tried their best that day/lately then they created their luck and the twin of their choice visits. But, if they could've done better than either twin can visit. On St. Patrick's day eve both twins visit. It reminds me of the elf on the shelf around Christmas, but in a smaller dose.

Sweet Turtle Soup - Happy St. Patrick's Day - 3 Days of Shenanigans!

Here is how our three days of shenanigans went down this year!

Aria picked Leyland as her leprechaun visitor for the first night. He caused a little chaos and left a sweet treat of Lucky Charms. He turned her milk green and left a few green outfits plus a shamrock necklace too.
The Naughty Leprechaun Story - green outfits, green milk, Lucky Charms
The chaos he left for Aria was a room full of balloons, a little over 100 of those green suckers.
green balloons for St. Patrick's Day
green balloons for St. Patrick's Day
green balloons for St. Patrick's Day
green balloons for St. Patrick's Day
She enjoyed the heck out of them.
leprechaun turned her milk green
shamrock necklace
leprechaun bobble headband
After her breakfast of Lucky Charms, daddy buried her in all the balloons. What's not to love about a ton of balloons to play with and in (and trip over)?
green balloons for St. Patrick's Day

Aria flipped the coin and picked Liam for the next night. He left some coins from his pot of gold, green nail polish, marshmallow lip balm, and a light up shamrock necklace. Plus, he put the Lucky Charms back on the table.
leprechaun treasure
He also left a note to go on a rainbow hunt, but we ended up running out of time. Maybe we'll finish it up sometime this week. We did the same thing last year, and it was a hit!
checking out the leprechaun treasure
shamrock necklace
pot of gold
Mommy and me green nails!
Green St. Paddy's Day Nails

And, on the final night both leprechauns visited! Liam left Aria a green fruit feast for breakfast, more coins from his pot of gold, and shamrock hair clips. Leyland turned her milk green again and left a pot of rainbow mnm's. 
green fruit for St. Patrick's Day, green milk, gold coins, shamrocks
Leyland also left a huge mess, and turned the dog water green along with the toilet water. He is a trouble maker that one.
toilet papered, leprechaun mischief
toilet papered, leprechaun mischief
toilet papered, leprechaun mischief
toilet papered, leprechaun mischief
toilet papered, leprechaun mischief
toilet papered, leprechaun mischief
Aria thought it was the neatest thing. She kept saying 'never seen that before'.
popping green balloons
We also keep all the chaos until St. Patrick's evening and then clean it all up together. I think Aria had more fun popping all the balloons than anything else. So many giggles.

We ended the day with a pot of stew and the addition of a glass of Bailey's for myself. I took down the few St. Patrick's Day decorations we have last night, and put up all the Easter banners and garlands I made last year. I think Aria will be pleased to see all the Easter eggs when she wakes up today. She's been excited for those Easter eggs since March started.

I hope you had a festive St. Patrick's day this year. And, a big thank you to those crazy twins for visiting us each night!

19 comments:

  1. This is some crazy fun tradition! What a mess! You guys mean business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are thee best mama!! 100 balloons?? Bless you! This does sound like so much fun! Maybe I'll get my act together for it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! What a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun traditions! And those pigtails!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally the coolest mom! I love everything you did! I've never heard of the naughty leprechaun thing, but I may have to check it out for next year. I can't believe you had over 100 balloons! That's dedication :) And ooooh, those pigtails! They're so long and curly and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO much fun!!!! You always do the cutest stuff. I LOVE the balloons. And all the green polish- green is Lia's favorite color!!! So needless to say she loves all the St Patrick's Day decorations !!!
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Never heard of the naughty leprechaun twins. In my head St. Patty's Day is just about corned beef, cabbage, and guinness, none of which appeal to me, so we just gloss over that holiday. Your version sounds much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly! 3 days of green festivities? Such awesome parents you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a crazy fun tradition! You have the best holiday traditions! Can't wait to see Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness friend. Long live the holiday queen. I was going to buy a box of Lucky Charms and I totally forgot that.... Oh well, maybe next year :).

    LOVE you and your festiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this Is just the best!! I would love to do this next year! I'm bookmarking this. I can't believe I haven't down something like this before!!! Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you went all out!!! I love everything you did, now I cannot wait until next year to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun for Aria, and you guys too! I've never heard of tricks and treats for St. Patrick's Day until this year - what a neat, festive idea. You always take holidays to the next level - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Umm, your St. Patrick's Day was WAY more fun than ours! I LOVE how festive you are! And so creative! I seriously save every one of your posts for myself for the next year.
    I love the picture of her in those pig tails! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome I love it! Acutally I think I loved it last year and I forgot all about it until I saw this post. Such festive fun and so creative - as always! I love the green milk - that was genius! Oh ahd she looks adorable in pig tails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You seriously are the funnest mom!! I love that you can look past the mess and just enjoy the fun with Aria! Can we come to your house for St Patty's Day next year?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Never seen that before" sooo adorable! Lily would just keep telling me how messy it was. Haha who had the nice chore of blowing up all those balloons?! You guys have such festive fun!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the best, most fun ideas for holidays! I thought i was doing big things when a leprechaun left green milk, green muffins, and green grapes as our St. Patrick's Day fun. You are awesome! If I can remember some of this for next year I'm totally borrowing some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! You are making the best memories for Aria. I just love it. Seriously, Mom of the year award goes to you!!!! Was she at all hesitant about the green milk? Mason is a creature of habit…he probably wouldn’t touch it if it was a different color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.