Friday, March 6, 2015

Disney Trip #11 - Aria's First Rollercoaster!

Everybody was sick for way too long in February, so when we were all mostly feeling back to normal we celebrated with a mid-week trip to Disney.

We got to Magic Kingdom right at opening and headed to Adventureland for some carpet rides, jungle cruises, pirates, tiki singing, and treehouse climbing.
Magic Carpets
Magic Carpets
Jungle Cruise queue
Just before you board your boat for the jungle cruise there is a spider that hops in a cage. Aria gets a huge kick out of that creepy thing. She remembers it and when we go past it she makes sure we stop to see it hop.
Jungle Cruise
While we were on the Jungle Cruise I had to threaten her with lap sitting to get her to stop licking that round thing by her arm. Kids are gross.
The Enchanted Tiki Room
There was a family with several preteen or young teen boys sitting in front of us in the Tiki Room. One of them noticed that it was raining if you look out the window.  They just all thought it was so cool and their excitement brought a tear to my eyes. It is hard to beat first time Disney magic.
Swiss Family Treehouse
Swiss Family Treehouse
Swiss Family Treehouse
We squeezed in a performance of the country bears next. Aria kept talking about all the bear portraits on the walls and then I showed her the floor, which is all scratched up with bear claws. I remember thinking those claw marks were amazing as a kid - the bears just walk around in here? wow! Aria thought it was pretty awesome too.
The Country Bear Jamboree
She conked out in her stroller right after some real old country rhythm just in time for our fastpasses, naturally. So, Chris and I strolled through Liberty Square and hunted hidden pascals in the Tangled section of Fantasyland. We snacked on mac and cheese, fries and ice cream before meandering over to Tomorrowland to sit by our next fastpass in case Aria woke up in time for it. She didn't.
Liberty Bell, Liberty Square
hidden pascals in Tangled area
She did wake up in time for our fastpass viewing of the Festival of Fantasy parade. It was a good spot to watch it from but we felt like it was mostly a wasted fastpass. We had to check in as early as we would have needed to just find a spot on the sidewalk. We passed up plenty of spots to sit and watch the parade from on the way to our fastpass spot. But, we also never make time to go sit and wait for the parade so having a fastpass ensured that we made the time. We'd never seen the whole thing in one go up close before, so that was nice. We were close enough to feel the dragon's fire. Bonus because we were chilled from the overcast weather (although the forecast was suppose to be warm - I should have worn a sweater).
Festival of Fantasy Parade, fastpass viewing area
After the parade we popped over to Fantasyland and rode the teacups. And, since we were passing by the Barnstormer we checked to see if Aria was tall enough yet. She was! Just barely. So we got in line for Aria's first rollercoaster.
Barnstormer
 She had no idea what was coming.
Barnstormer
Barnstormer
She was loving it until the part where it went down the hill. She turned red and then went white as a ghost. It is all of half a minute long, but she was quite adamant about not doing that ever again. I sat in front of her and Chris and videoed the whole thing.  Watching that part cracks me up every time. It is pretty bumpy since we are on a rollercoaster, but if you want to check it out in the video it is around the 22 minute mark. Worth it.
Barnstormer
#disgruntled.

Next we went on the much more Aria friendly ride - Dumbo. Twice.
Dumbo
Dumbo
We headed over to Tomorrowland for a spin on Buzz Lightyear, before making our way back to Fantasyland for ice cream at Storybook Treats and another Aria fave - the carrousel. We even snagged Cinderella's horse, the one with the gold ribbon on it's tail.
Regal Carrousel
Regal Carrousel
Then we finished up Fantasyland with a Peter Pan flight, and a Small World boat ride.
Peter Pan's Flight
It's a Small World
We were in line for a bounce with Tigger when the ride stopped working so we decided to call it a night. On the way to the front of Magic Kingdom we caught part of the Electrical Parade and then saw the end of the fireworks from the parking lot. We felt like beating the rush to exit after the fireworks. I think we were about 5 cars away from ours when the fireworks finished, nailed it.

I love chilly and productive days at Magic Kingdom, especially after a week and a half of 'nose all fuzzy'! Sadly March and Spring Break kick those both to the curb. But, we are looking forward to spending our anniversary at Epcot for the flower & garden festival in April - frushi, alcoholic ice pop, sausage and bubble tea. oh my!

And, of course the video!


Thanks for joining us for another Disney recap! I think we might be a little addicted.

20 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad that everyone is on the mend. These posts make me so jealous. I want to go!!! You guys always have such successful days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, too cute! My kids hate the goofy rollercoaster too, I love it though, it's so fun for a little kid ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, I looooooooooooove how you take advantage of living close to Disney World! I can't wait to go someday! But we are taking Mia to Disneyland towards the end of this year and I can't WAIT!
    Love how much fun you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to be so close to Disney! We are heading down in November! So excited for Emma's 2nd trip! looks like you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! How sweet! I've never been to any of the Disney parks but they look like a blast, especially if you have a little one to take with you... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun. I love Disneyland it is way funner now bringing our kids there when we visit our family in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After our visit to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, I would totally make it like a monthly trip if we lived close to it. Its so strange to see the differences between the two parks - there is no Aladdin ride at Disneyland or a Barncoaster. I can't wait for Ellie to get tall enough to ride the rollercoasters (but in all honesty that probably won't happen until she is at least 14 years old - girlfriend is short!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sweet photos!!! Looks like fun was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY, ARIA!! I can't wait to go back to a theme park with Wyatt. When we went over the summer I was pregnant and couldn't do much. And Sean's a weenie when it comes to circles. Wyatt would definitely love the rides!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day! Kennedy has ridden a little roller coaster at a local amusement park here and loved it but I don't know how she would do on the barnstormer. I have heard February is the least crowded month at Disney, so awesome y'all could take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a really full day! I agree, Thera nothing like getting to see someone experience the magic of Disney for the first time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally thought the first pictures were her on a roller coaster! What ride is that? I love that she has her hands up!
    All your Disney posts are making me want to go to DLand so bad!!! I so want to renew our passes but Seth isn't as on board. I told his family that we wanted to though and that he wants Disney gc's for his bday next week so we will see if my hints paid off! Either way, we are for sure taking Mason for his birthday and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sound like so much fun! We our taking our boys lat may and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fun Disney day! :) I'm glad you're all feeling better, and that you got to celebrate that with a day in the parks. So many cute pictures! Going to watch the video now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, I love your commentary in your videos :) There's so many things I didn't know about Liberty Square, like the shutters or lanterns. I love when the Imagineers include things like that. And ick about the spider- I have never seen that, but now I'm curious! Aria just keeps getting more adorable!

      Delete
  15. Don't you just love it when you notice someone experiencing the Disney magic for the first time. Tears are clearly warranted.
    I love that Aria did the roller coaster and the proceeded to hate it. HA! Marcus begged me to do the Gadget's Go Coaster in Toontown and I hated to tell him we couldn't ride. Somehow, I have a feeling he'll do it once and be done with coasters for a while. :)
    And did someone say alcoholic ice pop? Sign up me (in August)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing and adding some (much needed) Disney magic to our day here!!! LOVED the video!! Can hardly wait to get back to WDW, & appreciate you letting me live vicariously thru the adventures that your fun family enjoys there in the meanwhile! ;) It's so fun watching Aria's reaction to everything from the music outside Pirates (she's got some killer dance moves ;)) to lifting one arm up on Aladdin's magic carpet! lol :) So cute!!! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First roller coaster, so exciting! One day soon those will be her favorites. And yes, kids are definitely gross. Ez was trying to gnaw on the wooden handrail in line at the Jungle Cruise. There must be something extra tasty about the Jungle Cruise ;) Ez is a huge Dumbo fan too. Mostly because he's obsessed with elephants right now. We haven't watched Dumbo with him yet, because we're not in the mood to be depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post - we're planning our daughter's first Disney trip this fall and I'm excited to see that Aria enjoyed the rides we're planning on taking our little one on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you guys!!! And YAY! her first coaster! Such a huge deal!!! I'm seriously dying to take Savanna in September. I'm hoping at 2 1/2 she's able to appreciate at least SOME of it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.