Monday, March 23, 2015

Currently: March

Sweet Turtle Soup: Currently - March
What I'm thinking about, working on, and planning...
My Birthday is next week, Easter is the weekend after that, and then Chris' and my 4th Anniversary is the weekend after that. So I've been pondering Birthday activities - last year we did pretty much one of everything and it was a blast, but I'm feeling more like as long as I don't have to cook I'm good, and making a list of things for Aria's Easter basket along with not thinking about those crunchy chocolate cadbury eggs I adore because no candy until the bunny brings it. We already have anniversary plans for spending the day at Epcot's Flower & Garden festival so just excited to eat all the yummy food and hunt for Easter eggs.

Liz, Jenny and I have been working on a Mother's Day exchange that will be announced later this week, so stay tuned for that!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Currently - March
What I'm reading...
I was rocking the reading earlier this year. But, I slowed down to a snail's pace. I am still working my way through The Widow Waltz, which I started on February 7th. I blame Netflix and Aria cutting her nap out.

What I'm reading on the internet...
I've been falling short on my blog reading lately too. Again, I blame Aria and Netflix. Mostly Aria because I can multitask watching a show and reading a post, but the days have really been lacking in those 'free-time' hours.

A few faves that I did manage to read though....Jenny's home tour, Suggestions for books to read if you are a Jane Austen lover, Savannah Cemeteries, and this 40 by 40 to do list!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Currently - March
What I'm watching...
I just almost finished re-watching all of Gilmore Girls for the dozenth time or so. 

Chris and I had a date night to see the new Insurgent movie, which we thought was great.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Currently - March
What I'm loving...
The Air Show was just in town, and we live right next to the airport so we got to see all the practices and the shows from our backyard. The Blue Angels were here along with some F-22s, F-16s, and an Osprey. Plus, a few others I think. The only way I could tell the jets apart was that the Blue Angels were blue and the others were gray, but the whole thing was awesome to watch.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Currently - March
What I'm eating...
We had paprikash for dinner last night, which is a huge favorite in my family. Chris has been grilling a lot too - ribs, chicken, sausage. Stew on St. Patrick's Day. I tried out cottage pie twice baked potatoes, which were a flop. They tasted great, but the effort was way too much for me. Pot pie and sugar cream pie on pi day!

I didn't meal plan for this week so who knows what we will be eating.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Currently - March
What I'm thankful for...
A husband that will run to the store when I have a hankering to make a white wine spritzer and needed sprite, an orange, and pineapple juice. It was delicious by the way.

Aria's love of reading. I may hate reading Clifford 8 times a day, but I'm thankful that she has that love of stories. 

That Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is usually on at 3. The perfect time for a TV break so mom can sit down for a few minutes and then have dad walk in the door at 330. I miss nap time.

And, for my goofball of a family.

19 comments:

  1. I love so much of this - especially all the celebrations!!! I can't believe you manage to wait until Easter for candy!! that doesn't happen here - but candy is so my weakness! I want to see insurgent but I think I'll wait for it to be out. I'm still so mad at how the books end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I can't wait to see insurgent! And that wine spritzer sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the rewatch of Gilmore Girls not that long ago too! And OMG that pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with Gilmore Girls and really want to rewatch the whole series, but I just have no time! Perhaps when my kids are in college!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those recipes look delish!! I'm pretty convinced that GG is the only reason I drink coffee!! Haha. And I would love to participate in a Mother's Day exchange!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wine spritzer sounds yummy! And I always get hungry after I read your posts... :) So did Aria cut out naps for good? If so, yikes! That doesn't sound fun. A day at the F&G festival does though! Looking forward to seeing what exchange you gals are putting together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so behind on reading blogs. I told myself I would get caught up while I was on vacation last week and it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hubby & I saw Insurgent as well. For some reason, I just cannot let go one of the things that they changed from the book, I'll be doing a posting about my review soon.

    I love that last picture of you & your goofballs. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss Gilmore Girls! I really need to re-watch the whole series. And I can't wait to see Insurgent! Did you read the books? I'm so behind on my reading - I still have half of Allegiant left to go.

    Mila is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and she always looks so disappointed when she asks for it and it's not on. I finally decided to record a few episodes on Friday just to have them if needed and I'm so glad I did! They have come in handy already! (Funny thing is, she usually watches the intro and the Hot Dog song and that's it...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sugar cream pie and wine spritzers both sound amazing!

    Is it weird that I haven't been able to go back to Gilmore Girls ever since I binge watched it during my pregnancy sickness phase? It's like I developed a food aversion to a show. And I really liked it too, but now the thought of it makes me nauseas :-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! You're going to have a fun few weeks coming up with birthdays, holidays and anniversaries!! So fun! And YES, to Gilmore Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. talk about not talking naps.. the two won't nap at the same time most days.. and i though i had finally figured out a way to kind of make their naps over lap so i would have some sane time but now the older one refuses to nap and has fallen asleep twice while eating dinner..

    I haven't watch gg in so long.. i have been really slow reading too.. mainly because when the boys go to sleep at night instead of reading i end up catching up on my shows before passing out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww how exciting!! Do you have anything planned for your birthday? Besides not cooking? Can’t wait to see what you guys do to celebrate. I haven’t even thought about Mason’s Easter basket. I better get on that. It’s been so crazy lately! And Epcot’s Flower & Garden festival sounds like a blast. I’m with you there on the not reading thing. I have tried to pick up a book so many times, but get distracted too easily. Guess it’s just not my season for books! I’ve never watched Gilmore Girls, but hear that it’s an amazing series. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy EARLY Birthday lovely!!! What an amazing way to spend your anniversary! This month will be so fun for you! I'm so excited for Easter but pondering what the Easter bunny will bring... The Mother's Day exchange sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's your birthday next week?! How did I not know this. I blame myself. What day is it??
    Also, it sounds like you girls have been having a blast lately! If I did this it would say "work, work, work" and none of that is fun at all. Oh, actually, work, work, work followed by inventory next week. Double un-fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa girly you have some serious celebrating coming up!!!

    Sugar cream pie, I had some a while back and it was SO good. Now you have me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Spring is action packed with awesomeness!! What day is your birthday??
    The air show looks like it was ah-may-zing! And how great that you could see it from your yard!
    As for that wine spritzer… Please make one and drink it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are going to have SO much fun celebrating the next few weeks! Especially since you guys tend to go all out (which I LOVE! and admire. I'm so lazy, ugh!)
    Yay for date night! I forgot what those are like! We need to find babysitters asap, ha!
    I seriously don't know how you and Aria are still sane with no more naps! Mia missed her nap Sunday and yesterday and let me tell you... it was not a pretty picture by the end of the night. We just woke up this morning and I'm already counting down the minutes (hours) until nap time, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've eaten so many Reese's Easter eggs, it's not even funny! I'm ready for the candy to go away for awhile! ;) Can't wait to hear more about the Mother's Day exchange, sounds so fun!

    I've never watched Gilmore Girls but I always hear everyone talking about watching it. Maybe I should get on that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.