Friday, March 20, 2015

Cake Batter Truffles

Sweet Turtle Soup: Cake Batter Truffles
Taste: If you are having a cake batter craving these will totally do the trick.
Amount: 28 truffles.
Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup vanilla cake mix
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3-4 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons sprinkles, plus extra for sprinkling
  • 16 oz almond bark or vanilla flavored candy melts
  • 4 tablespoons vanilla cake mix
Directions:
Beat together the butter and sugar with a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add milk to make a dough consistency. Stir in sprinkles.

Scoop out dough in tablespoon amounts and form into balls. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for 30 minutes.

While the dough balls are chilling, melt the almond bark in a double boiler or microwave at 30 second intervals making sure to stir between intervals. Once melted, stir in 4 tablespoons cake mix.

Dip dough balls into the almond bark using a fork and tap off excess bark. Place truffle back on the parchment lined cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle with more sprinkles. Continue until all your dough balls are coated and sprinkled. Place back in the freezer or refrigerator until set. Once set you can store them in a container. Keep chilled until ready to serve.

16 comments:

  1. MMM. These are so good, my other favorite are the chubby hubbys and the frosted animal cookie truffles. Thanks fo sharing! I am going to pin this one for later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these sound amazing! I love cake batter, so I am sure this will be a hit for me! Thanks for sharing, pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these sound amazing! I love cake batter, so I am sure this will be a hit for me! Thanks for sharing, pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, these sound freakin' AMAZING! And not too difficult, my kind of recipe! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look SO good! I love any sort of bite-size dessert and I love cake batter anything.. Yum! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! Even better that I don't need to turn on the oven to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the words "cake batter" and I was like, "yes, please!" Thanks for sharing, I am pinning for later! :) HAve a great weekend Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how you must torment me :).

    Have a great weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, these look amazing, but I have always been afraid of making cake balls! My friend makes amazing ones all the time but I always think they are so hard. But no baking? I can handle that. One question though, what do you do with the bag of cake mix minus the 4 tablespoons you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound delicious!! The colors you used would be perfect for our Cinderella obsessed household too! ;) Thanks for sharing the yumminess :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy YUM!! I need these in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! They look delicious! I've always wanted to make something like these but have never done so. I need to get on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yum! For some reason I have been craving cake balls late (dumb diet). And the turquoise is just too pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.